It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: TheBulk

What's your opinion on the fact 6% of this country which is (Black Men) commit over half the violent crime in this country?

Got any links to back this up?

You guys are always so outraged about a couple words, but you turned a complete Blind Eye to the reality of the situation.

No people are just sick of listening to racist aholes like pedo Ted.

Who even listens to him? If you do, I'll be very surprised.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yep, I'm a native-born White male born in Georgia who has never lived more than 50 miles away from Atlanta although I've spent about half of that time in the most rural and "country" districts imaginable. I grew up singing "A Country Boy Can Survive" with the rest of my friends, LOL.

Now, with our geographic, racial and cultural bona fides out of the way ...

The last thing I enjoyed from Nugent was Cat Scratch Fever. In fact, that may be the only song I know from him. Frankly, I always got him confused with Jim Dandy, LOL.

I disagree with your assessment that there are no real racists around today. There are, and further, they exist in every race, creed and culture. My assertion is, somewhat off topic, that we are all at least a little racist ... but the great majority of us who have lived and worked in the wider world know that in the end, people are just people 99.9% of the time. Whatever racism exists in most of us gets quite aptly suppressed because of our training and our experience.

Are Black folks still getting lynched down at the neighborhood hangin' tree in 2016? Nope. Does the Klan regularly ride up on horses to burn crosses in front yards as a warning not to get "too uppity"? Nope.

Every time the topic comes up, I hear how we are really "post-racial" in this country, and yet, every single day I see blatant and plentiful evidence that just isn't so. If anything, today's racism (until recently) had become more pernicious than in the past ... racists had learned how to "talk around" racial issues, understanding when it's "safe" to be honest with others, generally either like-minded or hiding under the aegis of anonymity on the internet.

The fact that we even still keep "crime statistics" based on race is quite clearly part of the problem. A far, far more reasonable measure, if we're going to keep up with such things, would be socio-economic status, annual income, etc.

Political correctness exists wherever politics does, Redneck. Pretending that it is a phenomenon of either right or left is frankly absurd. For too many writing real problems off to "political correctness" and ignoring them or diminishing them is part and parcel of the growing issues we face in this country.

Speaking freely is fine. I'm on the record here at this site and here in this thread in full support of the First Amendment.

I'm confused by your ending comment: you're claiming that free speech is necessary to resolve problems (I agree), but therefore you don't want people to use "labels" that you don't like?

I'm sorry, you don't see the rank contradiction there?

Notice how the racism you see is actually more like seeing ghosts? Nobody is saying racist things, but you know they are racist because "skin color". Yet you don't see racism in groups like BLM that have called for racial segregation and have had many events where the purpose was the demonize and scapegoat white people. There you have real, out in the open racism but you dont see it! On top of that we have a media and academia who do nothing but demonize white people and justify racist hatred towards them. A Harvard debate team won a debate about green energy by arguing to save the planet by exterminating whites! Do you see racism there?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This thread is sad.

The Right Wing...the party of racists and defenders of racists.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I dont really care. It's just words from a dying old man.

Exactly. It's only a big deal right now and he only speaks for all Republicans right now because Trump is beating Hillary.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Look Ted gives zero fks he is a racist POS regardless of stats either way, a cowardly draft dodger who unmanly crapped his pants and played crazy to get out of service unlike Ali who said hell no he won't go and faced sanctions and ridicule, now Ted is trying making up for this by claiming to be a super patriot tuff guy Gwaad bless America and apple pies.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Black on Black hatred?? is that anything like white on white hatred or white on white crimes?? btw I have FBI stats that say a whole lot but this ain't the thread for that.

Whites are the majority yet kill each other at EXTREMELY small levels compared to black on black crime. I love how you guys think you're helping black people by ignoring this reality, but you're not. You're hurting them.

Blacks committed 52 percent of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13 percent of the population. Across the same timeframe, whites committed 45 percent of homicides while composing 77% of the population, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

www.wsj.com...

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What about violent crime more generally? FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

edit on 6-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

No, the racism I see is not like "seeing ghosts." You don't know what I know, what I hear, or even what I'm talking about. You're doing what you do ... projecting your own beliefs onto someone else.

If you could read what I actually said that you quoted, you'd see QUITE PLAINLY that I stated that racism exists in every race, creed and culture, but you either don't comprehend it or ignore it so you can keep beating your chest over your own racial issues.

What I do see is folks like you justifying the utter crap that was linked in the OP by judiciously quoting from right-wing blogs (with a link to that garbage at the top) and then linking to the FBI or BJS at the bottom ... AND PRETENDING THAT THE OFFICIAL STATS SAY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO.

They don't as repeatedly noted.

Most are aware of your tactics. I certainly am. Please ignore what I have to say as I do what you have to say; we only irritate each other and subsequent posts take away from the flow of discussion. Thanks.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I've been posting links to government statistics since the start of this thread. You all just cover your eyes.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Spider879

He gives us Nugents a bad name.
I agree with you he gives all republicans a bad name. aI'm sure most do not think like him though.

Why? He speaks for himself, not Republicans. He makes Republicans look as bad as Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright make democrats look. The only difference is that they get zero backlash for what they say about the other race.

... except for the backlash they get in right-wing media and on threads like this one?

Come on.

I'll walk that statement back if Nugent doesn't somehow get tied to Trump or all Republicans in the MSM over the next few days. Until then, my statement stands.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If black people have a "skin disorder" that explains their "behavior", then what is the Nuge's excuse for being a disgusting predatory pedophile POS, since he apparently does not have a "skin disorder"?

Really, the best thing Republicans could do for themselves is to cut associations and ignore him.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What's your opinion on the fact 6% of this country which is (Black Men) commit over half the violent crime in this country?

You guys are always so outraged about a couple words, but you turned a complete Blind Eye to the reality of the situation.

Some one is, because Republican heads keep giving him the Mike to speak on their behalf, and that's a problem if they want to attract AAs and others to their party,..and incidentally older AAs especially in the Bible belt are a very conservative bunch, forget the lefties on the coast like myself, Reps could have long ago made in roads with them, but for sht like this plus give or take a policy or two that they really care about..eg vote rights act.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've been posting links to government statistics since the start of this thread. You all just cover your eyes.

Whoa hoss, I'm on your side... You mixed my reply in with Buster's comment.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, well, that's Ted Nugent for you. He's loud, obnoxious and often says ridiculous things. He has a certain following, yes, the same way so many bad reality TV shows have a following, but I don't think anyone actually takes him seriously. I hope not, anyway.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What I do see is folks like you justifying the utter crap that was linked in the OP by judiciously quoting from right-wing blogs (with a link to that garbage at the top) and then linking to the FBI or BJS at the bottom

That's not a right wing blog, it's channel 4 news fact checker blog. I also linked to the government statistics referenced in the fact check article. The article itself was fact checking commentators who made the claim that black men commit half the violent crime.

AND PRETENDING THAT THE OFFICIAL STATS SAY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO.

There is no pretending. They says what I quoted them as saying. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Most are aware of your tactics. I certainly am. Please ignore what I have to say as I do what you have to say; we only irritate each other and subsequent posts take away from the flow of discussion. Thanks.

My tactics are getting to the truth despite having to fight with blind ideologues to do it.

link   

Some one is, because Republican heads keep giving him the Mike to speak on their behalf, and that's a problem if they want to attract AAs and other to their party,..and incidentally older AAs especially in the Bible belt are a very conservative bunch, forget the lefties on the coast like myself, but Reps could have long ago made in roads with them but for sht like this and give or take a policy or two that they really care about..eg vote rights act.

Ok, well I don't know of anyone who listens to him. His single opinion shouldn't have a heavier effect on blacks than the pandering every four years by democrats before they lock the chains back up on their assistance dependent bloc.

link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: JimiBlack

/sigh

And what are the stats based on? Arrests and convictions.

And what demographic has been shown to be disproportionately targeted in arrests and convictions?

Obviously, you have no respect for the topic that OP intended to discuss. I'll be ignoring off-topic BS.

If you read the entire thing you would see that the statistics line up with victims descriptions of their assaulters which is black. That's a pretty big coincidence don't you think?

From that article:

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.
I get it, Bulk. Us black Americans are just horrible people. Even after 4 generations of my family serving this country up until this very day, no respect. There is a lot of crime happening in this country and it ain't all black. It's not even the majority of black Americans behaving like hooligans and it's insulting as f@&k to me that you throw out some cooked up stats from the feds that implies the majority of black Americans are criminals. It's very disheartening and a Damn lie to boot. You just don't see the crime and murders of biker gangs, mafia or Triads plastered all over the news and that's for a reason. And some of you guys just say crap like ATS has no black members here, and I have a feeling that a lot do realize we are here and just say things to be offensive to black people. Oh yeah, almost forgot, screw Ted Nugent and anyone who agrees with that pedo.

Biker gang killings are covered on the news. There was a huge one at a restaurant/bar maybe a year ago. They happen once in awhile. Not EVERY freaking day, wildly out of proportion. You can call the FBI stats lies all you want, but would love for you to post your stats, with a link proving otherwise.
I stand behind what I said. Biker gangs, mafia and Triads don't take days off. And as far as that biker shootout from a year or so ago is concerned, never heard another thing about it after the first few stories. There's a reason for that and why these people are not plastered on tv. Hell, biker gangs scare cops. Reporters are not willing to risk a dirtnap for ratings and stories. And if the f eds have stats to suggest that the majority of us Black Americans are criminals, they are telling a f@#&!ng lie. MOST of us are not criminals. The riff raff of our race do NOT represent Black Americans and we are all painted with the same brush as the riff raff.

edit on 6-10-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Spider879

He gives us Nugents a bad name.
I agree with you he gives all republicans a bad name. aI'm sure most do not think like him though.

Why? He speaks for himself, not Republicans. He makes Republicans look as bad as Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright make democrats look. The only difference is that they get zero backlash for what they say about the other race.

... except for the backlash they get in right-wing media and on threads like this one?

Come on.

I'll walk that statement back if Nugent doesn't somehow get tied to Trump or all Republicans in the MSM over the next few days. Until then, my statement stands.

Whether you "walk it back" or not is irrelevant. The wingnut media are constantly on about the injustices that White folks face and the racism expressed by BLM and other Black leaders.

What you said is just blatantly incorrect. /shrug

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Black on Black hatred?? is that anything like white on white hatred or white on white crimes?? btw I have FBI stats that say a whole lot but this ain't the thread for that.

Whites are the majority yet kill each other at EXTREMELY small levels compared to black on black crime. I love how you guys think you're helping black people by ignoring this reality, but you're not. You're hurting them.

Blacks committed 52 percent of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13 percent of the population. Across the same timeframe, whites committed 45 percent of homicides while composing 77% of the population, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

www.wsj.com...

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What about violent crime more generally? FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

No they don't see recent FBI stats that you like to point out ,they kill each other at just under the same rates as blks kill each other , towns like Chicago are outliers.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Whether you "walk it back" or not is irrelevant. The wingnut media are constantly on about the injustices that White folks face and the racism expressed by BLM and other Black leaders.

What you said is just blatantly incorrect. /shrug

Oh snap, I think we have ourselves an honest to goodness Mandela Effect!

In the universe I come from, white people are blamed for everything, white people are the sole racists discussed by the media/academia and the media is constantly on about how horrible this country is for black people (unless Trump says it, then suddenly things are great for black people). The media in my universe also supports BLM, covers for them when they murder cops and completely ignore all their clear examples of racism.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No they don't see recent FBI stats that you like to point out ,they kill each other at just under the same rates as blks kill each other , towns like Chicago are outliers.

Right, but whites are 77% of the country, black people are 13% (6% black men)............Think about that for a second. The rate of killing isn't even close. That goes for every group of minorities in this country except black people. Every group in this country mostly kill each other, but at proportional rates. That is not the case for black people.

Again, ignoring these realities only serves to perpetuate the problem. you're not helping anyone by virtue signaling.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join