It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Reminds me of a very appropriate Frank Zappa line.

Shut up n play yer guitar!

edit on 6-10-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
lol, skin disease, it's called melanin. It protects from the sun. Which is why more ehite people get skin cancer

They're on the better side of evolution by natural selection.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow, he's really making friends and influencing people, isn't he?

I would hazard a guess that this particularly ignorant comment by him stems from seeing all the rioting going on and all the crime figures relating to poor black neighbourhoods.

As good as he may be with words (I guess you would have to be unless you never write a song), he shows a massive lack of understanding as to the causes of people "going bad" He should have engaged his brain, just for a second or two and he may have seen the stupidity of that statement before the words were out of his mouth.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Now, I love freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of assembly. I am a massive fan of these and other liberties afforded to residents of nations which at least pretend to have some righteous elements in the construction of their law. But the right to these things comes with some hefty responsibilities. If you have the right to speak freely, you have the responsibility to ensure that the speech you engage in is of high quality, contains facts not falsehoods, and is not driven by the least, but instead by the most noble elements within your mind and heart.

What Mr Nugent has done there, is essentially abuse the rights he has, with the aim of causing yet more division between people, than was already the case. So, he is free as a bird to make the statement he made, but he has failed in his responsibility to keep the quality and legitimacy of his utterances, at a high, not a low ebb.

A college here in the US just had an end whiteness month a few months ago. I don't recall very much outrage if any. There was definitely none from you even though a couple people posted about it. How do you guys explain this completely contradictory reaction?
edit on 6-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Well, that is as maybe, but being dumb does not excuse one from ones responsibilities.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well first of all TheBulk, I simply did not see the threads you are referring to.

If I had, I would have been fairly put out, both because I take personal offence to the concept, and because the concept does not promote healthy attitudes toward race at all. My personal view is that there is only and only ever was, one race, that of humanity as a whole, and that any doctrine, ideology, or philosophy which wishes to take issue with that point, can officially get in the sea, no matter who its authors may have been.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The great thing here is that this jack-wad is regularly seen for EXACTLY the unmitigated idiot he is ... and the GOP is shown for the pandering harlot it has become in supporting this guttersnipe garbage.

First Amendment for the win.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well first of all TheBulk, I simply did not see the threads you are referring to.

If I had, I would have been fairly put out, both because I take personal offence to the concept, and because the concept does not promote healthy attitudes toward race at all. My personal view is that there is only and only ever was, one race, that of humanity as a whole, and that any doctrine, ideology, or philosophy which wishes to take issue with that point, can officially get in the sea, no matter who its authors may have been.

Tell me do you think this guy's comments produce an unhealthy image of a racial group or do you think that completely disproportional amount of crime committed by black people does that more?

I agree with you that we only have one race, the human race. However you do realize that they now teach at universities that it's racist to say that?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What's your opinion on the fact 6% of this country which is (Black Men) commit over half the violent crime in this country? You guys are always so outraged about a couple words, but you turned a complete Blind Eye to the reality of the situation.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not to chime in, but I'd like to make a quick answer ... yes, I think Nugent does negatively affect a racial group ... if anyone, anywhere thinks that he represents the majority of White Americans in anyway, shape, form or fashion.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What's your opinion on the fact 6% of this country which is (Black Men) commit over half the violent crime in this country? You guys are always so outraged about a couple words, but you turned a complete Blind Eye to the reality of the situation.

You know what my opinion is as we've hashed out the absurdity of your statement on several occasions.

You know very well that your statement is utterly inaccurate.

However, this thread is about the idiot Ted Nugent, about which I have also made my opinion clear.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You know what my opinion is as we've hashed out the absurdity of your statement on several occasions.

You know very well that your statement is utterly inaccurate.

However, this thread is about the idiot Ted Nugent, about which I have also made my opinion clear.

It's not inccurate, many people besides me have posted the stats. It's accurate. You just say it's inaccurate because it offends your programming and politically correct sensibilities. You've never proven it wrong. You can't because it's documented statistics.

blogs.channel4.com...

The analysis

It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I think Ted is preaching to the new GOP base, the alt right media is fueled by this type of racist rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Not to chime in, but I'd like to make a quick answer ... yes, I think Nugent does negatively affect a racial group ... if anyone, anywhere thinks that he represents the majority of White Americans in anyway, shape, form or fashion.

What do you think has more effect? This random person saying an off-the-cuff remark or a university that teaches students that whiteness needs to be ended? I only ask because there is a very inconsistent reaction to the two events.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

I think Ted is preaching to the new GOP base, the alt right media is fueled by this type of racist rhetoric.

This type of racist rhetoric against whites is mainstream and common on the left and taught in universities now.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yes, many people have "posted the stats" and have been shown how insipid summaries like yours misrepresent "the stats."

Your statement isn't accurate; anyone interested can search out those threads and see what the facts are.

The rest of your garbage is personal and off-topic. What do you think about the nutjob Nugent?

/shrug

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What do you think has more effect? This random person saying an off-the-cuff remark or a university that teaches students that whiteness needs to be ended? I only ask because there is a very inconsistent reaction to the two events.

Start a thread on the university that "teaches students that whiteness needs to be ended," link it, and I'll be glad to respond.

This thread is about Ted Nugent and his remarks that put his stupidity supported by the GOP on public display.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What's your opinion on the fact 6% of this country which is (Black Men) commit over half the violent crime in this country?

Got any links to back this up?

You guys are always so outraged about a couple words, but you turned a complete Blind Eye to the reality of the situation.

No people are just sick of listening to racist aholes like pedo Ted.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

They do not teach that there is more than one race in science classes, and science is the only thing other than faith which has any importance to me, in terms of directing my political and philosophical approach to life. Frankly speaking, the entire argument is a vast waste of time, time that could be better spent uniting folk, rather than dividing them.

Also, unless the only factor which affects a persons likelihood of committing an offence is colour, as opposed to things like economic circumstances, location, probability of being stopped and searched by police relative to anyone else on the street, yada yada, then personally speaking, I find the data collected to be entirely inadequate to make such an assertion. It must also be said that white folk are no less likely to commit crime than people of colour, but a damn sight less likely to be caught and even less likely to receive equal sentences.

In short, its all nonsense, I have not any interest in race debate at all, and furthermore, the fact of the matter is that the human species has greater and larger things to worry about, including the fact that basically we are poisoning our own land, air and water, killing one another for no reason other than to earn rich people more money, and treating our poor like dirt because Conservativism. We have bigger issues abroad than what the pigment in someones flesh means.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

This type of racist rhetoric against whites is mainstream and common on the left and taught in universities now.

Like you have ever stepped foot on a University? You know this how? alt right media?
edit on 6-10-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join