It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's latest anti-2nd Amendment production. Own a gun = no sex.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I guess Hollywood won't be making any more action films then? Or drama films or anything with any violence really? Confine themselves to making anti-human anti-freedom feminist propaganda?

Oh of course they won't. They want their money after all.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Hollywood 2017 release schedule
Let's see... JUST in January we have:
a new Underworld movie (lots of guns), xXx 3 (they are reviving this franchise? well anyways expect many guns), and another Resident Evil movie (zombies? expect a lot of guns). So glancing down at February I also see the John Wick sequel.

You know. I think you don't have anything to worry about here.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this movie is objectifying women

having sexist stereotypes (women don't own guns)

racist (didn't see any black people)

Homophobic (no lipstick lesbian trying to get the gun from her butch lover)

I bet the women cave, because they want the "D" over the "G"

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Of course, because people want movies that glorify guns. So that's going to be the majority of the movies out there. The violent ones where people get shot up. That's what people in this gun culture want to see. We're not happy til we see people bleeding out from gun shot wounds. We're not happy unless there are so many movies glorifying gun violence that crazy "lone wolf" nut bags in real life get the bright idea to bring their guns into a public place and shoot as many people as possible.

So you have this one little low-budget movie made by this one guy who made a comedy about this gun culture that probably won't make any money. And somehow, it's an outrage.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

As far as I can tell, this isn't a Hollywood movie.

It's been on the independent circuit, and has no name actors...

What is your definition of a Hollywood movie?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Whatever--this movie seems to be as ridiculous as its earning will no doubt be at the box office.

And for those of you who think it's okay to praise the diversity of free speech in Hollywood, yet see fit to berate others on here about using their right to criticize this movie, just stop--your hypocrisy is palpable.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Hollywood is sexist.

It is objectifying women and belittling men.

Hollywood needs to go to sensitivity training.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So, this is in the New World Order forum? LOL! That's pretty funny.

The butt-hurt here is hilarious as well. Considering the MANY, MANY years of Hollywood movies FULL of guns, chock-full of women in tight shorts and bare midriffs attracted to those men with guns... Boy, when the table is turned, the "conservative politically correct" crowd is every bit as vocal and "special" as the liberal politically correct crowd...

I guess political correctness is fine, it all depends on whose widdle feewings are hurt, right?

Disclaimer: I am only being such an asshat about this to prove a point... because of the YEARS of the political right PREACHING about how they hate political correctness, "special snowflakes" and "widdle feewings" comments I've read here.)

originally posted by: Christosterone
Full disclosure:
I have 2.7% Neanderthal DNA per a 23andme genetic analysis...

Please don't say micro-aggressions against my species...

Where is the safe space for my hurt Neanderthal feelings???

-Christosterone

Exactly!! When you find the safe space, please let your friends in this thread know about it so they can take shelter from other people's opinions there. Thank you for such a perfect illustration of the hypocrisy practiced by those who get offended by something they disagree with.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ditto for the hypocrites who derided the people upset about the restaurant's "Black Olives Matter" slogan, but now are upset about a movie that makes fun of our gun culture.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ditto for the hypocrites who derided the people upset about the restaurant's "Black Olives Matter" slogan, but now are upset about a movie that makes fun of our gun culture.

You are doing it wrong. When people don't get satire, it becomes a private joke among the smart people to laugh at them whining about the things they don't get.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
And for those of you who think it's okay to praise the diversity of free speech in Hollywood, yet see fit to berate others on here about using their right to criticize this movie, just stop--your hypocrisy is palpable.

How else will we expose the hypocrisy of those who are "offended" by this movie?

And for those of you who think it's okay to praise "political incorrectness" as free speech, yet see fit to berate others on here about using that same freedom to criticize bigots, just stop--your hypocrisy is palpable.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Nothing I type is without consequence or intent...

Good on you for getting it...

And I tend to prefer a Saharan level of dryness to my points and humor...

Again, thank you for seeing it as it gives me hope for both sides of the aisle..

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No kidding. I mean, this movie is a comedy. Humor. Jokes. Not serious. But conservatives apparently can't take a joke when it comes to their guns, cuz 'Merica, God and Guns are sacred and you don't joke about any of those things.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No kidding. I mean, this movie is a comedy. Humor. Jokes. Not serious. But conservatives apparently can't take a joke when it comes to their guns, cuz 'Merica, God and Guns are sacred and you don't joke about any of those things.

But they won't HESITATE to use it to rub it in your face when it's making fun of your side: The Philosophy of South Park (Season 19: PC)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My problem with Crap Wood is that the stars that make millions in the movies with a damn gun in their hand for 3/4 of the flick, are the same pussies that call for gun control. Their hypocrites one and all. Same with T.V.....as far as this movie, I wouldn't walk across the street to watch it for free.

The 2nd Amendment is not a joking matter. Those who oppose it will be glad it's there, when they ever try to take it away. Cause that's when it will be needed. The founding fathers weren't stupid. The gave We The People a means to usurp tyrannical government. I for one thank them for it.
edit on 23-8-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Again, thank you for seeing it as it gives me hope for both sides of the aisle..

-Christosterone

Me, too, man. We've GOT to start realizing that this whole thing isn't as "one-sided" as we may think it is at times. Both sides are right and both are wrong. If we could just realize that we're ALL being played and let down our guards and work TOGETHER, there is a chance we could turn this country around, and travel on different, but parallel paths, to a government that serves us all.

I know how you love all that 'peace and love' crap.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Metrosexual man-bun wearing gun fearing sissy boys need not apply.

Shakin' my head.................just shakin' my God.....da** ....

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But I'm not deflecting onto those people, I'm keeping it on the topic at hand.

But for the record, let their movie exist (who cares, really?), and it's true--Black olives do matter. I love them.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My husband just told me about this... Seems this movie is just a twist on an old, OLD story...

Lysistrata is a woman who gathers the women of Greece and convinces them to withhold sex in order to get the men to stop fighting the war.

Lysistrata

Lysistrata is a comedy by Aristophanes. Originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC, it is a comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.
Lysistrata however is an extraordinary woman with a large sense of individual and social responsibility.
She explains to him the frustrations women feel at a time of war when the men make stupid decisions that affect everyone, and their wives' opinions are not listened to. She drapes her headdress over him, gives him a basket of wool and tells him that war will be a woman's business from now on.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
How else will we expose the hypocrisy of those who are "offended" by this movie?

Well, it's not really "exposing" as much as generalizing those who think that the premise and agenda of this movie is ridiculous. I find it ridiculous, but I support their ability to make it and (mostly likely) take a financial hit from it (although I bet the budget was dinky, so it may make money). Hell, I'd probably even watch it, because it seems like one of those mindless movies that will have some possibly funny moments in it...I appreciate those from time to time.

And for those of you who think it's okay to praise "political incorrectness" as free speech, yet see fit to berate others on here about using that same freedom to criticize bigots, just stop--your hypocrisy is palpable.

I knew that someone would bite--I was hoping someone would see that. But still, it's not the same thing, as I was "exposing" the hypocrisy as well, because people are telling others what they should and shouldn't say or how they should or shouldn't feel about or react to this movie; that's not the same thing.

And for the record, care to point out the bigots? I'm interested to see what your definition of a bigot is in this thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join