It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's latest anti-2nd Amendment production. Own a gun = no sex.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Looks like a bad movie, with a bad plot and bad writing, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Well, it's not really "exposing" as much as generalizing those who think that the premise and agenda of this movie is ridiculous.

The same way that many "generalize" those who think that the premise and agenda of Black Lives Matter and LGBT rights have merit. We get "generalized" as SJWs (as if that's a bad thing), racists, "snowflakes" and such... I'm just putting the shoe in the other foot.

We're on the same page. We're just looking at it from different angles. Christosterone sees it.

I was "exposing" the hypocrisy as well, because people are telling others what they should and shouldn't say or how they should or shouldn't feel about or react to this movie; that's not the same thing.

Much like people tell others what they should and shouldn't say or how they should or shouldn't feel about or react to BLM, LGBT rights, and women's rights? Yes, it is the same thing. And in truth, NO ONE has told others what to say or how to feel.

We each have our own issues that we're interested in protecting, they're just different issues.

(Just to be clear, I'm a strong supporter of the right to own firearms.)

This movie is a COMEDY. And yes, someone is pushing an agenda. Welcome to the world!

And for the record, care to point out the bigots?

No. That's a different discussion. I'd be happy to define the word, but I think we all have slightly different views on it.
edit on 8/23/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just another rehashed lazy movie, Hollywood is very good at recycling movies to keep the wheel greased up.

But hey if you guys feel triggered, you might need to say so, safe places are on sale.
edit on 23-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Let'em.
We'll just stop taking out the trash, working on their cars, mowing the yard, painting the house and all those other little things.

Most men haven't done those things on a regular basis since the 1970s.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Agreed, but it doesn't take much anymore to get people to become "enraged" on the internet and try to shout something down, and then for people to try to shout them down.

It's ridiculous all around...a terrible reflection of the human species.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

YOU'RE WRONG!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Cloris Leachman is hysterical, In was an extra in a movie with her. It's an indie film. There are plenty of action films to go see. There is one movie where the comedic premise is guns= no sex and the conservative snowflakes need a tissue.
There, there, it will be ok.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is quite hilarious considering how many guns my wife owns.

How many of her female friends also own quite a few guns.

Even my step mother and step aunt own guns that they actually use......

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Maybe it is the men you associate with.

I sure and the hell do all of the above, as do all of my friends.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ha...zing.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, YOU ARE!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Agreed, but it doesn't take much anymore to get people to become "enraged" on the internet and try to shout something down, and then for people to try to shout them down.

Hear! Hear! I agree completely! Neither political side has exclusive rights to being outraged at something... Today, too many people are trying to tell others how to think and feel - to make others "wrong". Can you imagine if we all felt free to just give our opinions without being attacked for them? We'd have a lot more productive discussions!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Looks like a pretty stupid movie, I bet it won't do very well in the box office.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Believe it or not, it's won a few awards at movie festivals...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Special snowflakes.... everywhere.

See a movie you don't like it? Don't watch it.

Takes a special kind of stupid to get all butthurt about the implications of gun control and sexism in a bad Hollywood film.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
that's the same way women got the vote.
And now women have the vote.

It's a movie. A comedy as a matter of fact. Don't take everything so seriously.

And they call us snowflakes.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ha. I know women who do all those jobs. Very funny. But again Dude with a capitol D it's a comedy movie. Not real life.
Are you afraid it could become real life.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wait! We don't know how it ends!
...The men finally succumb to their carnal desires and have all their weapons destroyed. But...this has made headlines and a sleeper ISIS cell has been patiently waiting to put these infidel women back in their place. They creep in at night, slaughter all the spineless infidel men, and take the women as sex slaves. The women are thus stripped of their right to speak freely and must cover themselves in proper Muslim attire. ~the end.
I smell a sequel.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So true, I lived in Houma for a while, nice area. Now up north and all I see are: metrosexuals, homosexuals, and transvestites. Even the women are complaining that there are no real men left, and those real men are already spoken for.

Being a guy who likes the outdoors, has guns, rides motorcycle, spent some time overseas, and actually has a job and does not live with my parents, I had the pick of the little woman wise.

A couple of generations from now, it is going to be a lot worse.

This movie is not getting my money, just like the Ghostbusters remake. Social engineering through movies is not happening for me.

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

This is an old concept and a rule that many already have in place. I have a kid. I'm not going to date somebody who can't go somewhere without their gun or without sleeping next to it.

The only guns that impress me are the ones that can stomp me at arm wrestling.

And thinking that withholding sex because of your guns is infringing upon your rights, that says a lot about your own feelings of entitlement to another person's body in the first place. That's a very rapey vibe to give off right there.
edit on 23-8-2016 by Abysha because: Spellinz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join