It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From what I have read, the summer courses and classes during the summer term is fairly limited.

It is summer break after all.

They even charge half price to get students to come during the summer to get ready for certain courses, study abroad, etc.

summer.case.edu...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

I'd like to know if the students are getting an extra week of classes at the end of the summer session, or refunds for the week of education they paid handsomely for and failed to receive.

Why? Is your kid going to school there? One would think that's a matter for the students and their families. Really not getting the problem here. The school is supporting the RNC. Why the beef?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this is just pathetic, pathetic, i don`t know what else to say.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder what these people would do "if" a civil war ever did break out..

Oh, look at the Fauxna! In a Civil War they'd be screwed.
You can't pull a trigger when all you have is a paw.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Be reasonable.

You'd traumatized too if the one candidate promising you free college when you attend a school with that price tag is no longer in the running.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
The school is supporting the RNC.

No, the school is making bank.
www.citylab.com...

The professor’s language summons to mind visions of colonists being forced to house British soldiers before the American Revolution. That is perhaps not so far from the truth, though the city is paying Cleveland-area universities for their trouble (through funds provided by a U.S. Department of Justice grant).

Let's not be disingenuous and make this out to be some altruistic act by this school.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You always seem to fall back on the whole persecution complex thing. No one is trying to take your rights away and no one is demanding you should have permission to speak, stop acting like that's what I'm saying because it's not and you know that.

The only thing I said was that some people act like those annoying nosy neighbors you see in movies where they're always in someone else's business and ignoring their own problems. That has nothing to do with taking anyone's rights away.
edit on 7/20/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not according to the OP:

“The financial details are shrouded in mystery, and what little information I could find suggests that the university donated the housing when the city came calling,” the professor adds. “I’ve also heard that the city intends to reimburse the university for costs it will incur this week, but that the odds of turning a profit are very slim. This is nothing more than rumor, however, and I only include it to clarify that I am not accusing the CWRU administration of any financial malfeasance.”

Wanna Google again?

edit on 20-7-2016 by intrepid because: To add the BOLD

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me at how far down the proverbial porcelain tubes our nation's college age people have flushed themselves! As a parent I would be embarrassed to death to hear that my child had taken their teddy bear, blanky, binky and crawled under the nearest bed to hide from the awful, frightening shadow of the evil friggin' Convention!

This story is as bad as the one from Emory University in Atlanta a while back. SOME students were "frightened", felt , "threatened" by someone scrawling "Trump" and a few things connected to him on walls, sidewalk etc...IN CHALK!

I truly hate to think about what our nation is going to look like in a couple of decades. We're allowing ourselves to be set up for a HARD, HARD fall by these indescribablely pathetic, lamebrain WIMPS.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Did you actually read the source?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Use common sense... a single professor says the odds of turning a profit are very slim. It's a private university. Do you honestly believe they're doing this out of a sense of civic duty? The lone shining beacon in a field filled with cutthroats? If so, call the Guiness record people because we have a record breaking first on our hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Use common sense...

An excellent idea. Try it.

a single professor says the odds of turning a profit are very slim. It's a private university. Do you honestly believe they're doing this out of a sense of civic duty? The lone shining beacon in a field filled with cutthroats? If so, call the Guiness record people because we have a record breaking first on our hands.

Do you believe they aren't? Cleveland decided to host the RNC. They've done what they could to make this possible for everyone. And STILL some are bitching. IDK why?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Cities host these events because they are hoped to create a tax and tourism boom, same as the Olympics. Civic duty and altruism play no role in these matters.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
this is just pathetic, pathetic, i don`t know what else to say.

Feel free to admit that you didn't read the article.

The rest of us know anyways.

Neither did 95% of people in this thread.
edit on 20-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Will those who run to such a space be noted in some way, I wonder? How the heck is a political convention traumatizing to anyone, again? Who raised these students? Did they run screaming at every clap of thunder, every bird tweet outside a window, every squirrel in a park, every stranger on the street? If someone is so poorly adjusted that they need a "safe space" because of a convention, I propose that they are not stable enough to be in a university setting, and should be sent to a nice, padded cell somewhere. That much fear, they might snap and start attacking other students.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Will those who run to such a space be noted in some way, I wonder? How the heck is a political convention traumatizing to anyone, again?

Isn't that a great question.

If only we had the power to look into our questions rather than using them to perpetuate the brainless rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Civic duty and altruism play no role in these matters.

Sounds like Trump's platform. Wanna try again?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sure. Civic duty and altruism play no role in these matters.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You confuse the # out of me. You're honest as hell but still can't see past your fence. That's a part of being in a society. "No man is an island."

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Unless they are vouched for by your preferred political candidate.

In which case they would be intrinsic with the common affairs of the entire country.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join