It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Now you've done it.

Posting a story like this is a micro-aggression.

I think it might just quality as a macroaggression. Or is it a medioaggression. Someone will have to ask them after they're done giving themselves a timeout.

COME ON! Aren't there some mandatory federal regulations about kids having to spend x amount of time in class? They already skip entire classes that get trigger warned. Maybe they should retrofit all the colleges to look like this:

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seeker1963

So every student if that college needs to be punished?

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

Please explain the virtues of safe spaces and what we're missing, Krazyshot.

link   
If this is their idea of a safe space, then let them have it; no need to ridicule them. For some people, their safe space is at an open carry demonstration where like-minded people gather. For others, the safe place is in their homes, churches, schools, etc. There are all types of people in this world and just as many ideals of what constitutes a safe space. We should be celebrating diversity; be it ethnic, religious, political, etc. We should not be further dividing up people and marginalizing them. Though, I certainly shouldn't fool myself by expecting good behavior around ATS.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

University Counseling Services will continue to offer walk-in services for students who want to talk with someone about their concerns related to recent events and/or the upcoming convention.

The university’s Employee Assistance Service will have a counselor available on campus during the workday for staff or faculty who wish to talk about their concerns.

Working in collaboration with the university’s LGBT Center, the Social Justice Institute will host a “safe space” adjacent to its offices (A15C) in the basement of Crawford Hall during the week. The Interreligious Council also will house a safe space for those who want to talk or reflect about their concerns at the Interfaith Plaza, located just east of the Church of the Covenant, 11205 Euclid Ave. Please contact these offices for schedules and other information.

Counseling and Other Support

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
What a complete waste of time and space these people are.

Hopefully they'll grow up and become mature, functioning adults one day.

Not likely:

Not without hospitalization. Mental illness is encouraged and enabled now.

I saw in one of the transgender restroom threads one of them contemplating how to make sure people with multiple personality disorder, people whose multiple personalities are multi-gender how to make sure they don't have to get help.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's so obvious that this is only being done to ruffle feathers. They're milking this whole thing for as much as it's worth and people fall for it over and over again.

What in the hell is the big deal anyways? This is making a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. What other people choose to do is their own business as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

It is like deja vu several times a day in regard to the finds of Xuen.

It seems to upset conservatives more than the students. So ironic.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
We should be celebrating diversity; be it ethnic, religious, political, etc.

You forget to add into the celebration mix people who are thin-skinned, weak-minded, mentally-ill, short fused, etc. The cream of the crop of this lot tend to be all of those.

We should not be further dividing up people and marginalizing them. Though, I certainly shouldn't fool myself by expecting good behavior around ATS.

They're marginalizing themselves, while dividing our entire civilization (i.e. race war). See the video I posted above.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nice piece of propaganda.

The school is housing law enforcement and other staff. That is why they are limiting services.

Also, "safe spaces" are places where students can get counseling services, including suicide prevention and such, and can get answers for any questions they may have on how the convention may affect classes/services.

Keep spreading the BS, fox.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Ohanka
What a complete waste of time and space these people are.

Hopefully they'll grow up and become mature, functioning adults one day.

Not likely:

Not without hospitalization. Mental illness is encouraged and enabled now.

I saw in one of the transgender restroom threads one of them contemplating how to make sure people with multiple personality disorder, people whose multiple personalities are multi-gender how to make sure they don't have to get help.

This ridiculous video has been posted about 10x on ATS. The person talking in the video has no idea of what he is talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is using our rights to express how we "feel" about whiny people who require safe spaces.

No one is denying anyone's rights.

Actually, we're all expressing and using our rights.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Feel free to start a thread and debunk it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I looked hard, and could hardly find anything about a "safe space" other than people who probably read that garbage news site flooding their social media with hate messages. I found a couple mentions of a "safe space" in the idea that people could come in and talk and say anything they wanted to do about a subject..which is the opposite of what that site is trying to make it out to be..

And theres counselling for what that site would probably call "poor little SJWs". I remember back in 2008, I went to a very right wing high school and there were parents that were coming in..actually balling the day after Barack Obama was elected and going to my history teacher for what was essentially therapy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Feel free to start a thread and debunk it.

I don;t need to. He starts with 'they are millenials'. I am not a millenial. It goes on to describe what a SJW is NOT. I am not sure what the personal problems of the guy talking in the video are, but he is ranting without substance.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder if it's this person's baesment?

LEVELAND, Ohio -- Hillary Clinton will lead a grassroots organizing rally Thursday morning at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

The 10 a.m. event, which is open to the public, will be the Democratic presidential candidate's first official political visit to Ohio since announcing her candidacy in April.

"During the event, Clinton and volunteers will be asking supporters to fill out a 'Commit to Vote' card, pledging to vote for Hillary in the Ohio primary next year," her campaign said Monday in an advisory confirming details of the visit.

Clinton will speak at the Tinkham Veale University Center on the CWRU campus. Doors open at 9 a.m. Those interested in attending should RSVP here.

The former secretary of state also will attend a private, $2,700-a-person fundraiser Thursday afternoon at the Cleveland home of Judy Embrescia.

Hillary Clinton will campaign Thursday at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Please explain the virtues of safe spaces and what we're missing, Krazyshot.

Doesn't need to.

Thread is premised on nonsense.

Police are being housed in light of recent events with mass shootings.

It's not your typical "safe space", an certainly not the hyperbolic den of fear of the republican convention that many of you would love it to be.

They are housing police and have therapists available to talk about recent events. The subject isn't even in line with the extreme left-wing mentality; it's juxtaposed.

But whatever ammunition you need to expose yourself to more partisan bull#; eat up.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Millennials are where its starting to really come out full brunt insane (i.e. Safe Spaces & Trigger Warnings); and these are the epitomy of the "pure SJW". These are the ones that are becoming the full tilt "Nu-Nazi's", they spend their time contemplating how to re-write the English language, engaging in endless race baiting, pushing to end free speech, calling for things like #killallmen / #killallwhitemen, and various other modern methods of "book burning" all in the name of this bizarro sci-fi "moral crisis" they've invented.

Actually play out the video; more than once. He breaks down quite well how we're ending up with an entire generation each year becoming more and more "special snowflake", which is what these crybabies you're always defending are. I If were you I'd be figuring out how to distance myself from them because, well, I'd be ashamed if my movement naturally was being inherited by the most mentally unstable generation that has ever existed. I'm still waiting for you to tackle my Nu-Nazi segments.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is their prayer field being ambushed by all the bs politicians negative energy in the area?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Does that mean they are going to have a "safe space" for the DNC as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Pussifacation of America. Little snowflakes everywhere...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join