It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
Gin

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Millenials have been trying to change the coding language too. Lots of 'em have gotten offended by old master/slave terminology saying how racist it is! At this point I knew they had reached a new insanity level.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seeker1963

So every student at that college needs to be punished?

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.

The university itself is sort of punishing all student by suspending classes for the week. Granted I am speaking as an adult who has already completed his college and is now paying the loans when I say this, but at $60,000 a year, I'd be downright irate at any canceled/lost classroom time. This wasn't a natural disaster or act of God that happened here, making the campus unsafe or unreachable... it was an electorial event that the nation holds every 4 years. Not something you suspend classes for.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
The Pussifacation of America. Little snowflakes everywhere...

What's really funny is that some people are being even bigger pansies and snowflakes by complaining about college snowflakes.

On top of that, they have to take these stories out of context just to engage in the snowflake outrage.

Some people sure are "special".

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So every student if that college needs to be punished?

Sounds pretty dumb, my bet is that it was a small amount of people who went to this 'safe space'.

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

You'd probably lose that bet. But here's more to counter your bet.

Due to a tremendous need for security at the Republican convention this week, policemen from all over the country came to Cleveland to work the event.

An arrangement was made to house many of these police at Case Western University, but students complained that they wouldn’t feel safe with all those cops on campus. So the school cancelled all activity for the week.
legalinsurrection.com...

There are over 11,000 students and the college received 1.76B in endowments. Does too much money make the mind mushy????

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: reldra

Millennials are where its starting to really come out full brunt insane (i.e. Safe Spaces & Trigger Warnings); and these are the epitomy of the "pure SJW". These are the ones that are becoming the full tilt "Nu-Nazi's", they spend their time contemplating how to re-write the English language, engaging in endless race baiting, pushing to end free speech, calling for things like #killallmen / #killallwhitemen, and various other modern methods of "book burning" all in the name of this bizarro sci-fi "moral crisis" they've invented.

Actually play out the video; more than once. He breaks down quite well how we're ending up with an entire generation each year becoming more and more "special snowflake", which is what these crybabies you're always defending are. I If were you I'd be figuring out how to distance myself from them because, well, I'd be ashamed if my movement naturally was being inherited by the most mentally unstable generation that has ever existed. I'm still waiting for you to tackle my Nu-Nazi segments.

They are not pushing to end free speech. Nu Nazi is a made up word by conservatives, since, conservatives are not normally concerned with the plight of the disenfranchised, they ahad to make up a term demonizing those who are.

Each past generation has horrible things to say about the following when they are young. As in "When I went to school, I walked 5 miles bak and forth, uphill both ways." or "Those long haired hippie comies". You know, things like that.
edit on 20-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Millenials have been trying to change the coding language too. Lots of 'em have gotten offended by old master/slave terminology saying how racist it is! At this point I knew they had reached a new insanity level.

Ya. I saw yesterday how they're all up offended by cable connectors being termed male/female.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingKelson
Does that mean they are going to have a "safe space" for the DNC as well?

It's not likley. The DNC is in another city and the University will not be housing hundreds of police in their dorms for that convention.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Working in collaboration with the university’s LGBT Center, the Social Justice Institute will host a “safe space” adjacent to its offices (A15C) in the basement of Crawford Hall during the week.

At least the campus paper put "safe space" in quotation marks, hopefully because they know it is a nonsensical euphemism. Echo-chamber or cultural tribalism are more fitting terms.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
They are not pushing to end free speech. Nu Nazi is a made up word by conservatives, since, conservatives are not normally concerned with the plight of the disenfranchised, they ahad to make up a term demonizing those who are.

Nu-Nazi I came up with (on my own anyways) during that huge piece, in response to my findings while writing that monster. As for your free speech claim, follow the link.
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

And to think.
I have been worried all this time about where our next group of leaders is coming from.
I can just see our guys on a future battle field.
A big Russian runs up and shouts BOOOOO !!!
That's when the ground gets a little browner and they call out for paramedics with defibulators.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

But people are snowflakes and pansies for being concerned about the state of education. We should stop being pansies and let people with underdeveloped pre-frontal lobes determine what's best for the people around them, and the future of our countries.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That's awesome! Americans are lucky, soon you'll be living in South Park, I'm so jealous!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So every student if that college needs to be punished?

My bet is that this is a non-issue and a bunch of right wingers are just circle jerking each other because Xuen found another click bait article on the Daily Caller to post and laugh at all while not attempting to fully understand the situation they are berating. That's my guess at least. Your mileage may vary.

It is like deja vu several times a day in regard to the finds of Xuen.

It seems to upset conservatives more than the students. So ironic.

Exactly. Just look how triggered all the conservatives in this thread got after I said that. I think they need some safe spaces of their own for how offended they get at a bunch of college students being college students.

I mean these guys actually think I'm going to respond seriously to a thread promoting a click bait article? Lol. Get real. This story is literally non-news
edit on 20-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Honestly isn'[t it about time we stopped treating people as though they are actually made of cotton wool and certainly their brains being filled with it. Poor little things, traumatised by something ridiculous.

Were you talking about someone witnessing a murder, suffering an attempted murder on themselves or having a loved one die tragically etc, of course I would have sympathy and wish them well, but offering people space for trauma for something like this only seems that the people who set this up actually need to get a dose of reality and a further and larger dose of common sense.

Is there some conspiracy to make the public idiots and so dumbed down that they will be easily led?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
The Pussifacation of America. Little snowflakes everywhere...

What's really funny is that some people are being even bigger pansies and snowflakes by complaining about college snowflakes.

On top of that, they have to take these stories out of context just to engage in the snowflake outrage.

Some people sure are "special".

Sorry man but you and me are on different frequency bands and I can't dig what your saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

What I am saying is that the people calling others SJW snowflakes for having this "safe space" are just as easily offended and outraged.

It's a vicious cycle of hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: reldra

Millennials are where its starting to really come out full brunt insane (i.e. Safe Spaces & Trigger Warnings); and these are the epitomy of the "pure SJW". These are the ones that are becoming the full tilt "Nu-Nazi's", they spend their time contemplating how to re-write the English language, engaging in endless race baiting, pushing to end free speech, calling for things like #killallmen / #killallwhitemen, and various other modern methods of "book burning" all in the name of this bizarro sci-fi "moral crisis" they've invented.

Actually play out the video; more than once. He breaks down quite well how we're ending up with an entire generation each year becoming more and more "special snowflake", which is what these crybabies you're always defending are. I If were you I'd be figuring out how to distance myself from them because, well, I'd be ashamed if my movement naturally was being inherited by the most mentally unstable generation that has ever existed. I'm still waiting for you to tackle my Nu-Nazi segments.

Each past generation has horrible things to say about the following when they are young. As in "When I went to school, I walked 5 miles bak and forth, uphill both ways." or "Those long haired hippie comies". You know, things like that.

Yeh, Yeah! like those RED DIAPER DOPER BABIES!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. Just look how triggered all the conservatives in this thread got after I said that. I think they need some safe spaces of their own for how offended they get at a bunch of college students being college students.

I mean these guys actually think I'm going to respond seriously to a thread promoting a click bait article? Lol. Get real. This story is literally non-news

A genetic fallacy is when you make a conclusion based on where source comes from, and not its merit. To gloat about making that fallacy is hilarious.

Offended by college students being college students? For one that makes no sense, and two it dismisses the argument entirely. The state of education is a valid concern.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

What I am saying is that the people calling others SJW snowflakes for having this "safe space" are just as easily offended and outraged.

It's a vicious cycle of hypocrisy.

Actually we don't go hide in a spider hole, and crawl out after it's over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join