It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancypants College In Cleveland Offers SAFE SPACE For Students Traumatized By Republican Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

What I am saying is that the people calling others SJW snowflakes for having this "safe space" are just as easily offended and outraged.

It's a vicious cycle of hypocrisy.

In your mind thats what we are. In reality our hair is on fire because this is the de-evolution of society running amok.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What I am saying is that the people calling others SJW snowflakes for having this "safe space" are just as easily offended and outraged.

Actually we don't go hide in a spider hole, and crawl out after it's over.

True. You cry in public for all of us to see.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

True. You cry in public for all of us to see.

I'd imagine if i was 'crying' my face would be all puffy, and my eyes red and tears rolling off my cheek.

Thanks for the ad homenin.
edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Are you seriously defending this click bait article? I thought better of you man. Oh well. I guess we all have to swim in the muck from time to time, right?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I could make a reasonable case that ATS would be a grand example of a safe space for conservatives such as yourself since y'all like to make threads like this where you guys get together and commiserate together about how the SJW's, special snowflakes or whatever cute nickname y'all have thought up for us this week are ruining the country.

Plus this website is niche enough that you don't have to worry about any backlash. As long as you obey the rules.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
that's pathetic

there should have been a big sign in the basement that read ;

"true growth comes from listening to dissenting opinions and points of view. Now go buy a spine"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you seriously defending this click bait article? I thought better of you man. Oh well. I guess we all have to swim in the muck from time to time, right?

I clicked on it, went to the source of its contention, and read the notice in the school paper. The article was right about the Social Justice Institute of this school providing a "safe space" for students who, presumably, don't want to deal with anything going on outside. Listening to an opponents arguments is the least one can do.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't care what's "right" or "wrong" about it. It's PURE click bait. What this college and its students do is none of our business. It doesn't effect us in the slightest and bringing attention to it only serves one purpose. To laugh at it. This is #ty article. Plain and simple. Whether you want to play in it is on you. But to me. This is non-news. I don't give a # what these college students do with their free time. If they want to spend it hiding from Republicans that is their business.

Isn't that what conservatives are always crying about anyways? Not being able to live the lives they want to live? Yet here you guys are. Making fun of and trying to force your ways on to other people's business. Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you're like the nosy neighbors who are worried about what other people do all the time and neglect to see the problems within your own house.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I could make a reasonable case that ATS would be a grand example of a safe space for conservatives such as yourself since y'all like to make threads like this where you guys get together and commiserate together about how the SJW's, special snowflakes or whatever cute nickname y'all have thought up for us this week are ruining the country.

Another ad homenim.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I see you don't know the definition of an ad hominem since I wasn't directly attacking you there. Just making an observation on the state of things at this website, but hey believe what you want. This is YOUR safe space.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Jeez. Does no one read the source anymore?

As The College Fix notes, one reason that Case Western is almost completely closing down this week is because the fancypants private school is allowing hundreds of extra police officers to live in its dorms for the duration of the Republican National Convention.

It's not about opinions. It's about minimizing the disruption for students and faculty.... while supporting the RNC.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Jeez. Does no one read the source anymore?

As The College Fix notes, one reason that Case Western is almost completely closing down this week is because the fancypants private school is allowing hundreds of extra police officers to live in its dorms for the duration of the Republican National Convention.

It's not about opinions. It's about minimizing the disruption for students and faculty.... while supporting the RNC.

We tried, but the outrage machine has a life of it's own. It's amazing that this college is actually supporting the law enforcement needs during the event, and people are still bitching.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't care what it's "right" or "wrong" about it. It's PURE click bait. What this college and its students do is none of our business. It doesn't effect us in the slightest and bringing attention to it only serves one purpose. To laugh at it. This is click bait. Plain and simple. Whether you want to play in it is on you. But to me. This is non-news. I don't give a # what these college students do with their free time. If they want to spend it hiding from Republicans that is their business. Isn't that what conservatives are always crying about anyways? Not being able to live the lives they want to live? Yet here you guys are. Making fun of and trying to force your ways on to other people's business. Hypocrites.

No one gives a # what you don't give a # about. Yes, the point of satire is to laugh. It's a shame you are unable to do even that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Since when has satire been directly laughing at and insulting people? I don't know what college or education you received but the satire I've learned about and experienced my whole life is FAR more subtle. But the fact that you are now trying to play this down like it was satire to begin with is even more depressing for my opinion of you. Why can't you just admit you got played and move on? Hell you don't even have to do that. Just stop responding to this thread. I'm about to do that very thing when I stop typing this paragraph. Ciao.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'd like to know if the students are getting an extra week of classes at the end of the summer session, or refunds for the week of education they paid handsomely for and failed to receive. (I really don't even care about the safe space nonsense anymore. That's become an old hat caricature of ridiculousness the likes of which would have made an excellent SNL skit 20 years ago.)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i'm more concerned with it being called fancypants college.
for 60k i'd want a more mature name.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Since when has satire been directly laughing at and insulting people? I don't know what college or education you received but the satire I've learned about and experienced my whole life is FAR more subtle. But the fact that you are now trying to play this down like it was satire to begin with is even more depressing for my opinion of you. Why can't you just admit you got played and move on? Hell you don't even have to do that. Just stop responding to this thread. I'm about to do that very thing when I stop typing this paragraph. Ciao.

Try not to get upset, friend. Satire has been insulting since the beginning of satire. You might try reading some. It'll put some hair on your chest.

I don't care what you think of me. I'd have to respect you first before I do anything stupid like that. The coddling of the Western mind has grown exponentially, and this is just another manifestation of it. But this has been argued ad nauseum for decades, which you would know if you ever entertained the arguments of your political opponents.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i'm more concerned with it being called fancypants college.
for 60k i'd want a more mature name.

That is not what the college is named. That is the term used by the biased sources.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you're like the nosy neighbors who are worried about what other people do all the time and neglect to see the problems within your own house.

???

I just comment and give my opinion.

Didn't realize that I required permission from you or a reason validated from you.

Sorry. I'll ask before posting next time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join