It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
madness

good luck with the gang bangers and mafia running your cities when the police stop risking their lives to answer your calls

Police can do there job without going round shooting first and asking questions later.

US policing is abysmal. Its needs a huge reform.

BJS statistics would disagree with you, but I'm sure it's easy to get your mindset when one focuses on that type of thing.
If US policing was competent and working there would not be a whole segment of your society rising up and killing them.....

Policing is much more than crime statistics.
edit on 17-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I live in Baton Rouge and feel like I'm about to throw up. I have several good friends that are BRPD officers and I'm just praying for ALL police officers everywhere.

I just buried my father. I'm not looking forward to anymore funerals.

link   
Like Europe, its going to take a lot more than words from TPTB to sort the mess out

link   
This is starting to look like Nation-wide insurrection.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Obama lasting legacy.......

And that inst a star baiting anti Obama comment.

The buck stops with him on this. He KNEW there was a fundamental issue with policing in the USA and has mishandled it.
edit on 17-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Starting to look like a false flag with a manufactured villain in my opinion,

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

madness

good luck with the gang bangers and mafia running your cities when the police stop risking their lives to answer your calls

Police can do there job without going round shooting first and asking questions later.

the police have hundreds of thousands of encounters with the public every day, the media gets hysterical over the HANDFUL of white on black encounters that go wrong in a year and all of a sudden the entire force is crap ?

you internet memes won't come save you when the real thugs take over

+18 more 
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We can discuss the systemic issues that have lead to the place we are at in a different thread.

Slightly over 1% of all police-public encounters involve any force. Not lethal force, but ANY force. Over 85% of people who made a call for service report being satisfied with the police response, and that number doesn't vary more than a percentage point or two across racial lines. Nine out of ten people who made a call for service are just as likely or more likely to call the police when they need help again.

But if you want to take the literal handful of questionable or bad shootings, or other use of force incidents, and declare them to be representative of policing in the US as a whole, that's your own logical fallacy. Facts don't support it.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What these thugs who want to start a war against cops don't realize are things are only going to get worse. If they thought cops had itchy trigger fingers before, will only be more jittery going forward. Not only that, cops who might have been even tempered before are going to be more pissed off after seeing their innocent comrades killed by cowardly ambushes.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

They protect 300 million citizens and millions of tourists each day. They should not be targets. This was not happening 10 years ago. They were no targets like this.

The US government has set this up so perfectly. They are not condemning these attacks until you will see white groups fighting back. Then the arrests will come and the BLM and others will still be attending the WH to discuss issues.

The fact he had a BLM leader at the WH to discuss race relations after the Dallas shooting shows that they simply do not care.

A segment of society is not rising up against them. It is a paid insurgent group funded by the US government and its internal allies.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

madness

the police have hundreds of thousands of encounters with the public every day, the media gets hysterical over the HANDFUL of white on black encounters that go wrong in a year and all of a sudden the entire force is crap ?

you internet memes won't come save you when the real thugs take over

Hundreds of thousands might even be a lowball figure.

Edit - Holly SHYT! There are seven shot?!

This madness has to end. I'm terrified of the repercussions that are inevitably going to come. Way to go morons, now we'll have an even more powerful police state.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Tempter because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Mayor there is so weak. He is just biding his time until his term ends and he can run for Congress. His statement on the shooting was just not inspiring or comforting at all. Did not imply any sort of command and control.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

We can discuss the systemic issues that have lead to the place we are at in a different thread.

Slightly over 1% of all police-public encounters involve any force. Not lethal force, but ANY force. Over 85% of people who made a call for service report being satisfied with the police response, and that number doesn't vary more than a percentage point or two across racial lines. Nine out of ten people who made a call for service are just as likely or more likely to call the police when they need help again.

But if you want to take the literal handful of questionable or bad shootings and declare them to be representative of policing in the US as a whole, that's your own logical fallacy. Facts don't support it.

As I said there is more to it than stats.

It a public image problem.

If there wasn't a problem with police then there wouldn't be shootings like this.

UK blacks are not attacking UK police. Nor are blacks in most other white country's.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Everything is getting too big for words. You want to say things but then realize they fall short not just because words cannot cure grief but also because you realize they just can't encompass the whole picture anymore. Silence is the best we can give while it's fresh, I think... not debate over who's to blame. The rhetoric should be paused long enough to at least embrace the directly effected. I'm sorry, my friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Starting to look like a false flag with a manufactured villain in my opinion,

Bingo. Same as Dallas.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
7 shot 2 dead.

www.wafb.com...

Baton Rouge

Dallas 2.0

link   

But if you want to take the literal handful of questionable or bad shootings and declare them to be representative of policing in the US as a whole, that's your own logical fallacy. Facts don't support it.

If there wasn't a problem with police then there wouldn't be shootings like this.

UK blacks are not attacking UK police. Nor are blacks in most other white country's.

And who's the blame for the image? Police partially, sure.

And the MSM and people like yourself that buy into the MSM spin, and happily ignore the totality of the picture to focus on a pixel or two, and then declare those pixels to be an accurate representation of the whole.

I'm sure the MSM would like to thank you for helping to push their narrative. Congrats.

link   

ok we get it.

we still have a developing story. no protest, happened at 8-9 am on sunday

purp wearing all black with a mask. possibly 1 more gunman loose, active scene.

start new threads with your opinions on how to save the world in the appropriate sections

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

White males are responsible for the majority of cop killings in the united states.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

They protect 300 million citizens and millions of tourists each day. They should not be targets. This was not happening 10 years ago. They were no targets like this.

Never said they should be targets. Not condoning the attacks at all and the perpetrator should face the full consequences of his actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join