It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Comedian Jim Jefferies on Guns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I saw Jim Jeffries live last year. It was one of the best live comedy shows I've ever seen in person.

My disagreement with him regarding guns and vaccines doesn't affect my appreciation for his brilliant
comedic mind and delivery.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0001391
I saw Jim Jeffries live last year. It was one of the best live comedy shows I've ever seen in person.

My disagreement with him regarding guns and vaccines doesn't affect my appreciation for his brilliant

His comedy is propaganda if he is using it for political purposes. He's not just an entertainer. If he brings politics into his act he is asking to be judged and it is perfectly reasonable to reject him entirely for being wrong about politics. I wouldn't give him a nickle for a shoe shine.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

His comedy is propaganda if he is using it for political purposes. He's not just an entertainer. If he brings politics into his act he is asking to be judged and it is perfectly reasonable to reject him entirely for being wrong about politics. I wouldn't give him a nickle for a shoe shine.

That is the beauty of comedy it digs right in to those that it is supposed to.....i take it you are one of the 10% he is talking about sitting there seething and frothing from the mouth with utter disdain...

I would be asking the question why is you feel so strongly about a comedians interpretation ? ...my guess would be deep down you know he is right and because he is, it makes your blood boil....

Nine pages in and yet no one has successfully come up with a reasonable argument against his "# off i like guns" statement ....

To address your rant on his politics, if you listened you would have heard him say this is nothing more than his opinion and he in no way wants to strip Americans of the 2nd, he simply like many of us cannot understand the need for a high powered assault rifle for one to defend their home with...its not rocket science ....

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

First, the guys not even funny. Second,
no one would choose this subject matter
if they were trying to be funny. Is it funny
that australia can far more easily be subjected
to tyranny then america? I'm sure they hope
so.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Is it funny that australia can far more easily be subjected to tyranny then america? I'm sure they hope so.

You are so far beyond rational conversation....for #s sake....wake up....you are held prisoner by the very weapons you yield ....sadly you are so far gone the best you can do is come up with some rubbish about tyranny....

Reality is randy if the government came for your guns you would be hiding under your bed in the cradle position wishing you lived elsewhere .....

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That is the beauty of comedy it digs right in to those that it is supposed to.....i take it you are one of the 10% he is talking about sitting there seething and frothing from the mouth with utter disdain...

I would be asking the question why is you feel so strongly about a comedians interpretation ? ...my guess would be deep down you know he is right and because he is, it makes your blood boil....

Nine pages in and yet no one has successfully come up with a reasonable argument against his "# off i like guns" statement ....

To address your rant on his politics, if you listened you would have heard him say this is nothing more than his opinion and he in no way wants to strip Americans of the 2nd, he simply like many of us cannot understand the need for a high powered assault rifle for one to defend their home with...its not rocket science ....

From Wikipedia.....

Propaganda is a form of biased communication, aimed at promoting or demoting certain views, perceptions or agendas. Propaganda is often associated with the psychological mechanisms of influencing and altering the attitude of a population toward a specific cause, position or political agenda in an effort to form a consensus to a standard set of belief patterns.

Propaganda is information that is not impartial and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (perhaps lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information presented.

edit on 17-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Ats really needs a overyourhead emotican

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ats really needs a overyourhead emotican

It does. You just haven't found it yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Uhhh...no. Those are NOT household firearms. Many of those deaths were probably suicides and I don't care about preventing suicide.

Proof please.

"Probably" suicides just doesn't cut it.

edit on 17/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

First, the guys not even funny.

Subject to opinion. Most people find him hilarious. Apparently you don't though - and you are in the minority.

Second,
no one would choose this subject matter
if they were trying to be funny.

Yes they would. He did. You disproved your own sentence well done.

Is it funny
that australia can far more easily be subjected
to tyranny then america? I'm sure they hope
so.

What tyranny? No tyranny here in Australia where I live.

Hold on let me look out the window. Hmmmm......................................Nope. No tyranny.

Stop making up outright LIES.

edit on 17/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Uhhh...no. Those are NOT household firearms. Many of those deaths were probably suicides and I don't care about preventing suicide.

Proof please.

"Probably" suicides just doesn't cut it.

The statistics are out there and available. I'm not here to do your research for you. I've done it for myself before and I remember what I found. The numbers are artificially inflated with suicides and gang and drug related crime. They were typical firearms that might be found in the household but were in the hands of violent criminals and people who were using them for suicide. Of course gangs and drug dealers and other such criminals use guns but these are violent people to begin with. I fail to believe they're going to stop being violent if they can't get guns.

Would the death toll be smaller? I'm sure it would but I'm honestly not losing a lot of sleep over dead criminals. These mass shootings are big and noisy but they really don't claim that many victims If you put all the victims from all the mass shootings in the last ten years together, how many?

As far as suicide by firearm is concerned, it's sad but if someone is determined to commit suicide, they'll find a way. The firearm is actually pretty merciful compared to something as ghastly as a suspension hanging. If someone really wants to commit suicide, they shouldn't have to resort to hanging themselves. So. Suicide bothers me but if someone is going to do it, I would rather they suffer as little as possible in the process.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The statistics are out there and available. I'm not here to do your research for you. I've done it for myself before and I remember what I found.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim without showing any evidence and we would like to see it please. If you've already done the research for yourself then you should know exactly where to find it and be able to link it quickly.

Otherwise I'm just going to have to assume there IS NO EVIDENCE and that you are literally making stuff up to support your argument. People do that all the time here on ATS - claim they have evidence but refuse to show it and try to make everyone else find it. It's an old and tired tactic that is easily spotted.

So. Evidence please.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Don't think you would be so cold if it was one of your family members was involved in a mass shooting. Shame you perceive human life as a statistic. Good for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

I think the proverbial cat suddenly got his tongue too.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Don't think you would be so cold if it was one of your family members was involved in a mass shooting. Shame you perceive human life as a statistic. Good for you.

Of course I wouldn't. But I'm not retarded either. I wouldn't demand that guns be banned because of one guy.

You know. People run around blathering about how Second Amendment advocates can be so selfish and the way I see it is they're just looking out for their own interests. Because people are going to be most passionate about the things that are close to them. It obviously wasn't my family members so of course even though I'll feel bad for them, I'll also be more objective about it than someone who is traumatized by grief. Which is probably one of the main reasons we don't put a victim's family members on a jury. They just want blood because they're crazy with grief and anger. They don't care about anything but how this could happen to them and making somebody pay.

And I'm sorry but that's selfish. It is. It's selfish to want millions of people to lose their rights because you had a personal tragedy or because you allowed the media to manipulate you with sad stories about people who (unfortunately) ran out of luck.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We topple governments and then supply it's people with military grade weaponry to fight

I think that's more than enough reason for the people to arm themselves in first world countries.

People don't understand. The guns are the preventative measure. The government must be afraid of the people, not the other way around. As long as we have have firearms, we likely will never need to use them. The fewer we have, the more likely we'll need to use them.

It's that simple.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Of course I wouldn't. But I'm not retarded either. I wouldn't demand that guns be banned because of one guy.

But it's NOT just one guy is it? It is dozens. It is someone new every few months for years now. This isn't just a one off event, in case you hadn't noticed America seems to have a MASSIVE problem with nut jobs getting powerful guns and blowing away cinemas and schools and churches and nightclubs.

While I'm here I should also request that evidence you said you had previously but you have failed to provide so far. You keep trying to ignore it but it's not going away. I don't believe this phantom evidence exists, perhaps you could prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I much Prefer This Australian's ( Steve Lee) opinion on guns

edit on 17-6-2016 by ReznovsAvenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
This is back from the 1940's. Did you see the German Jewish comic....oh wait they government banned guns and threw him in a concentration camp with millions more

How about the old Soviet comic from the 1930's, oh wait the government killed him along with millions of others in the 'Great Putge'

How about the Cambodian comic from the 1970's, oh wait, he's buried in a field with millions of his gun free zone countryman.

Every government falls, that's inavitable, the only question is, does it fall peacefully or bloody. Maybe one day Austrailia will want to throw the queen out(a couple hundred years after America) and it's not taken to well by others. Maybe another form of government will or wants to take hold. Not saying tomorrow but it will happen. The side with guns has a HUGE advantage over the side without. then the side with guns can play this YouTube video to their prisoners, the side without guns. They all can laugh before they die.

It's sad, no matter how much you try to tell them the historical importance , "progressives" will never understand the need to be armed.

There is such an aversion in western countries to seeing their fellow slave armed, that I don't think logic will reach them at this point.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The first time a gun saves your life you will change your tune. Having a gun saved my life once, out in the middle of the desert and confronted with some ruffians. I'll have strong words with any fool who says the only purpose for having one is liking it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join