It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happened to ATS recently?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Annee

Yep...I just go there first...more than several times a day. Until I get more time to sit n surf....

I find the Flying Humanoids interesting. You know, the ones that hang out in the volcano in Mexico.

I search for new info and search ATS to see if there is anything in the threads that will help me in my search.

There just isn't that much new info on these already covered topics. It gets redundant.

ATS would be dead and gone if they didn't expand to allow what ALL the members are interested in.

Right now its politics and social inequality.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
it's like UFO's have went away....I can't believe with practically everyone having phones that have good cameras, that an abundance of clear pictures and clips are not around....but the fuzzy, out of focus ones, and the ones that show one pixel of light in a dark sky are the only ones that we get.....maybe I'm not up to date on the newest sightings.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
it's like UFO's have went away....I can't believe with practically everyone having phones that have good cameras, that an abundance of clear pictures and clips are not around....but the fuzzy, out of focus ones, and the ones that show one pixel of light in a dark sky are the only ones that we get.....maybe I'm not up to date on the newest sightings.

I personally do think they went away once they were readily discovered - - and everyone had a camera.

There was a lot of sightings in the 50s. I had a sighting in about 1964, middle of the day, clear blue skies.

I tend to believe there is a Planet Federation and a prime directive. But, that's just me.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think the first post ever made on ATS by our founder Simon was probably "This place just isn't what it used to be."

In all seriousness, though, I'm not really sure what is expected of staff regarding this. The threads that are started are the threads that the members want to talk about. We, as staff, do the best job we can to keep those threads in their appropriate categories to make things easy to find and keep it orderly. If a member posts something that is within the T&C and is in the proper forum, what are we supposed to do? We're not going to start closing threads because some folks are tired of talking about certain topics. That is acceptable behavior on a private blog, not a community forum. If you read some threads in BB&Q and Rant it would appear that someone is sick of every topic that is discussed here. Transgender issues, politics, gray area/skunk works topics... there are portions of the membership sick of each of those. And yet these are the issues the world is discussing, so they're going to show up here as well. It's an election year so there's gonna be nasty political stuff. And so on.

So, all I can really say is browse by forum. That's what I do when I'm browsing as a member as opposed to doing staff work because then I can read what interests me. Certain topics just don't do it for me. I may find them dull, or maybe I find them tough to read or unpleasant. Whatever. We're all people, and people don't like everything.

You will still find topics of interest, you just have to look for them or start them on your own.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Yes... Cheers for your reply and for all the others who replied.

I'm tired right now so won't be replying anymore tonight.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I posted pretty much the same thing a couple months ago, it is pretty astounding how the topic has gone silent with regard to "new flaps".

RE: all the political threads...

THIS IS A USER GENERATED CONTENT SITE. ;-)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It doesn't bother me about those trans/gay threads, i just look for what I'm interested in, plenty other threads to keep me reading.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It seems that is how they (meaning perhaps even user content generated no idea) would like the overall forum narrative to be guided.

Many know that the whole issue is a mass distraction.. it is controversial and ridiculous but that is exactly what it is designed to be. They could have just made unisex bathrooms but this approach has real political power.

Divide and conquer. The sheep are being herded. You are merely just one that has gone off the path.

My advice is just say Ba and get back on the path and everything will suddenly make sense. Don't resist it is easier this way....

edit on 26-5-2016 by riley because: grammar

edit on 26-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I remember the good old days when bush did 9/11

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: jimmyx

I posted pretty much the same thing a couple months ago, it is pretty astounding how the topic has gone silent with regard to "new flaps".

RE: all the political threads...

THIS IS A USER GENERATED CONTENT SITE. ;-)

Just curious...

Do you ever feel that ATS is a victim of its own success?

Seems to me like over the years as the membership has grown the content has diminished

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

When something becomes successful in our culture it seems to automatically become part of the mainstream so I agree with your theory. I don't think ATS intentionally made that choice.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Because ATS is limping to the barn to die...Anymore all I get isWarnings and my posts removed. I am a 21+ year "Camo Dude" with all sorts of experience and can call B.S. on anything here or confirm....but noooo these Fa-jjits who haven't a f-ing clue can't take real talk. So here's a participation trophy ATS. May you die in the perverbial "Dumpster Fire" you've become...just like our leaders.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Politics...Just mind numbing Politics...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Another thing to consider regarding this. Alternative mysteries are reaching a watershed

Ufos-Alien issues have somewhat dried up

I mean how much more can be said about Roswell, Dulce and all the other mysteries in UFOLOGY.

How much more can we discuss ancient aliens, the Davinci Code, the Mysteries of Mary Magdalene and Jesus?

How much more can we discuss the Illuminati, Kennedy’s assassination, 911 and many, many more of the rich alternative history and events that are covered by a forum like ATS

How much more can be written on the pyramids and all its mysteries, indeed it may be all has been written over and over

The fact is many of the old time mystery researchers are turning to fiction

We may have worn out all the mysteries and be coming to a watershed

Indeed maybe some of them are soon to be fulfilled

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
ATS is a bellwether of the human condition. If there is too much or too little of a particular subject in here, you can bet that this is proportional to what is going on out there. This is valuable information. While the same patterns exists in other social media, I still think this place has the best content of any of them.

I believe it one of the key reasons many of us are here. We cannot blame anyone, but ourselves for what we read or contribute.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Because political discussion has always been a part of ATS. Besides that, it's a popular subject with western media. What do you expect?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Recently? Hah, this site went media-whoring a long while ago. It's a business, what do you expect?

It's always something, and rest assured it has no real significance the purpose is to lead away from real issues, sedate you from the truth, spark your biases and fears, make you angry and divisive... it's not news it's between the mind.

Man I need to sleep, but at least I'm not always sleeping like some.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

It's always something, and rest assured it has no real significance the purpose is to lead away from real issues, sedate you from the truth, spark your biases and fears, make you angry and divisive... it's not news it's between the mind.

No personal responsibility?

Blame a web site?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That's because the awesome content providers jumped ship long ago. It's just not reasonable to expect the hard-core to remain after the scene goes anywhere close to mainstream.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

What, are you telling us to be the change we want to be or something!? The very idea!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join