It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Aliens? Possibly.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
I think it is very likely that we have Alien DNA in us. We are just now starting to understand DNA, its implications, and the human genome. There is a lot we don't understand. From my understanding, lots of what we have is "junk DNA" which is DNA they don't understand. They call it junk, but it could possibly be alien, or at least part of it. By alien of course, I mean foreign to this planet's natural evolution.

There are many things that make me thin humans are foreign, at least part of our DNA is foreign to this Earth. One of the main reasons is that we have somehow evolved faster than any other species on this planet. Why have WE evolved to such a developed level, but no other creature on Earth has?

I also believe that homo sapiens are not the only hominoids to reach this level of development, and science seems to back this up. From an anthropological perspective, there have been several other species of hominoids that have had close to our level of consciousness and intelligence. Could be that perhaps there were many intelligent hominoids on Earth, but through war or mating only one survived--Us?

What's equally interesting is that we now know that modern man didn't evolve in a straight line. We ARE a combination of several different intelligent hominoids that mated over thousands and thousands of years, and evolved.

If you studied Evolution extensively, not through some Google research, but rather taking a proper Anthropology course in college, a lot of the OP's questions can be answered quite easily.

And no, the junk DNA is not Alien DNA, it's not some hidden Alien agenda or some fantasy stories that people make up. In fact, it shouldn't even be called "Junk DNA", it's really just non-encoding DNA but it does serve certain purposes and scientists are beginning to have better understanding of it ever since advancement in Molecular Biology.

I do not believe we are from another planet. There's absolutely no Scientific Evidence that supports this theory. You can't just choose to believe certain things based on an initial hypothesis. The hypothesis itself has to go through what is known as a Scientific Method in order to form a valid Theory. And even if you're able to form some type of Theory, it can be easily overthrown or challenged because you may be using "BIASED" data.

Anyway, it's nice to fantasize about certain things, creates a nice Science Fiction topic for a novel. That's about it.
edit on 4/8/2016 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Since I was younger, I always used to question and wonder about the smaller things that otherwise sometimes go unnoticed. Those things that otherwise should pose a question of concern.

It began with the design of our eyes, we cannot look at or towards the sun otherwise our very cornea would fry. With that in mind, it began making me question much more;

1. Sunlight

Humans, in contrast with other species, cannot sunbath for more than a given time per day without getting sunburned. This indicates that the human body was not designed for constant exposure to the sun. The same can be said for our eyes as mentioned above, our eyes are very sensitive to the sunlight around us and without being taught safe procedures, our eyes would be damaged at an early age.

2. Bad backs

The problems that mankind faces with back/spine problems are a clear indication that our bodies are not built so perfectly as the natural world would lead us to believe. It could bode questions that our original environment (for humans) may not have been surrounded by such heavy gravity. Earth’s heavier gravity puts strain on the skeleton and the result could be the reason our bodies suffer from such pains, we are used to an atmosphere that is lighter then this one.

3. Illnesses

Illness strikes us all, some scientists have debated that our bodies get weak because our bodies are set to a 25 hour per day environment instead of 24 as on Earth, and we have not adapted yet. The older theories add to this concept than in many cases, when there is an illness, humans are disabled and cannot carry out their workload, which rarely occurs in the other species.

4. Growing up

In all species that inhabit the Earth, the offspring is capable of doing things in a relatively short time, which may vary from just a few minutes to eight weeks after birth. Sharks swimming at birth and birds flying in roughly 30 days of hatching. Human offspring however is completely helpless and powerless to do anything for itself for a very long time, only acquiring simple basic capabilities. It takes around 5 to 10 years (depending on the child and environment) before it can perform the duties and the requirements of carrying their weight around. Something that is never seen in all other species put together.

5. Advances

The human being does something that no other species has been observed doing – humans use external ways to overcome his physical shortcomings. Handicapped at birth and use anything and everything to keep our degrading health up to scratch.

6. Behaviour

Lions and the other carnivores will hunt to eat and they will engage in fights almost always for reasons of reproduction. Most fights in the animal kingdom are actually for reproduction and areas for feeding. And whenever there is a fight, when the victor is declared, the fight is over. There is no observance in any other species than the human being for retaliatory attacks, pre-emptive strikes, and most of all weapon construction in ever increasing lethal potential. Unless anyone has ever seen a mouse with an M-16 at hand and never bothered to inform anyone about it.

Now those are just a few instances. I will leave judgement of said points to your own views, however I will end with this.

Mankind is brought here as an experiment of evolution.
Mankind landed on Earth on starships that escaped a destroyed world.

Considering Mars has a 25h day circle, less gravity and less sun. Maybe we came from there?

The surface gravity on Mars is only about 38% of the surface gravity on Earth, so if you weigh 100 pounds on Earth, you would weigh only 38 pounds on Mars.

Maybe, God was an astronaut?

1 - Sunlight: What populations are you looking at? Darker skinned people have a much higher tolerance to sunlight. Those who are very light skinned tend to have less of a tolerance because in the past they did not receive as much sunlight or as high of a level of intensity as travel was somewhat limited and many people didn't stray too far from home. In fact; very light skin is partially an adaptation to produce more vitamin E due to low levels of sunlight.

2 - Bad Backs: This is a problem of scale to an extent and also survival of the fittest. If there are more people there are more back issues. Also in past times, he or she who was physically deficient often didn't make it. Additionally modern lifestyle choices such as diet, lack of exercise and various other things apply here.

3 - Illness: A good example would be the Europeans and Native Americans. The Europeans eventually built immunity to certain illnesses that were prevelant in their own populations. These diseases and immunities developed as a result of close habitation with livestock and each other. Once in the Americas these diseases were easily passed to the Natives who had never contracted nor developed these immunities due to a vastly different lifestyle. Secondly one could also mention things such as mass produced GMO foods, toxic additives, and a whole host of modern issues. Disease was certainly prevelant in the past however and that can be easily seen through increased life expectancy.

4 - Growing Up: Have you ever studied human origins and primates? Or even other mammals. How about the archaeological record with regards to Neanderthals or Homo Erectus? Even the Australopithecines? What are the average lifespans of various birds for example? What is the complexity level of their brains? Sure various turtle species, for example, can live for a very long time without need for all that developmental time. How big are their brains? They survive off of instinct.

5 - Advances: Many human advances have taken millennia. Many modern scientific advances have occurred over the past 100-150 years. The big criteria here is the intentional and abstract use of tools. This has been observed in chimpanzees as well as in Neanderthals, H. Erectus, H. Ergastor, etc. through the archaeological record.

6 - Behavior: Well yeah... A lion is driven by instinct and a biological imperative. Its hard to know if they are even self aware. They certainly do not posses the mental processing and comprehension skills of a primate. They do not display any sort of creative and intentional use of tools. There is a HUGE difference here. Comparing humans to lions is disingenuous at best. It's not even apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Alien, is a relative word, wether it being applied to foreigners, or something just very strange, or out of place.

Like any invasive species that tend to dominate another ecosystem, we can pretty much eat any living thing on this planet to a point of course, which can change or upset the food change. We have no top predator, even though we can get killed by most animals on this planet, and we are able to visit mirror opposite systems given the right preparation.

We probably get a more rapid form of spinal degeneration due to how we stand up right most of the time, we do shrink before we go to bed, and we get a little taller when we wake up since the spine not so stress after.

What makes us an oddity, is that we can completely change the balance of ecosystems fairly easily, which took thousands of years, can be wrecked or ruined in moments to days. We are Aliens, just probably not from another planet.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

I do not believe we are from another planet. There's absolutely no Scientific Evidence that supports this theory.

Caps noted in Scientific Evidence, just like people capitalize, The Bible.

Scientific Evidence is always playing catch up to the real world. Stating your 'belief' there is no evidence for life from elsewhere is as theoretical as life from lifelessness.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

1 - Sunlight: What populations are you looking at? Darker skinned people have a much higher tolerance to sunlight.

Agreed. Adaptation of peoples around the globe. Like the Bushmen of he Kalahari, they spend all day in the sun, surviving on much less water and food.

In the same environment, a northern latitude, fair skin person would die in a day.

Really loved The Gods Must Be Crazy. Anyone wanting culture shock, enjoy that.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
some of your suppositions might be answered by the fact that our genome is degrading. according to Geneticists:

yt: Prof. John Sanford on Genomic Entropy
youtu.be...
Geneticists:
Dr. Crow: we are inferior to caveman.
Dr. Knodrashov: no human geneticist doubts man is degenerating.
Dr. Lynch Even assuming a lower mutation rate, we are degenerating at 1%-5% per generation.
Implies a young Creation and as with DNA complexity, theory of evolution is unlikely.

Average cell in 15 yr old - up to 6,000 mutations per cell. (all your cells are different)
Skin cell in 60 yr old - up to 40,000 mutations
Mutations primary cause of aging and death.
“...little potential for substantially increasing the upper limit of human life span.” (upper limit: 120 yrs)
--Michael Lynch (Population Geneticist)
50% reduction in sperm count in men.

Around 100 new mutations per generation.

Dr. Francis Collins, head of Human Genome Project, converted to Christ partly due to the data he found working in genetics.

“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.”
Romans 8:22

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

this is due to gene expression dictated by environment and "beliefs"

Biology of Belief - by Dr. Bruce Lipton
youtu.be...

“We adjust our genes to fit the environment that we think we live in...when necessary, perception rewrites genes...”

“our beliefs are altering our biology at every moment...”
Dr. Bruce Lipton

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As for "Aliens" generally:

“Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.”
--Dr. Jacques Vallee

“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”
--Dr. Pierre Guerin

“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg

“One theory that can no longer be taken seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships.”
--Sir Arthur C. Clarke

“The evidence suggests that this is a program.”
--Prof. David Jacobs, Temple Univ.

“Can we exclude the possibility of an extraterrestrial evangelism?”
--”Carl Sagan, The Andreason Affair,” ”Raymond Fowler

Hundreds of cases of ufo/abductees calling on Jesus to end their abuse have been documented.
yt:Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone
www.youtube.com...

YT: Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids, Elongated Skulls & Nephilim
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains

this is due to gene expression dictated by environment and "beliefs"

I was referring more to the biology of genes. Dark skin pigment, protection from the suns rays is more physical than belief. The sun makes genes adapt.

If I get you… btw, welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains

YT: Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids, Elongated Skulls & Nephilim
youtu.be...

i love Trey Smith, he is totally crazy and cool.
Would love to him interview him on ATS live radio for a special one day.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: qiwi676

Thanks for what you added to this thread. I see what you are saying and there is things you stated that I agree with.

My final thoughts on our situation is that whether our bodies are alien or we are a product of tampering with, our existence here sure does not add up. Our obsession with religion and our ignorance that there is one deity seems like we have been fooled to feel less important then whatever created this in the first place.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

It seems likely knowing what we know now that Mary was an Abductee.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I only agree with number 1 and 3. I do believe we didnt originally come from this planet, and we're here as experiment by someone or something with incredible knowledge and was very very bored

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

1 - Sunlight: What populations are you looking at? Darker skinned people have a much higher tolerance to sunlight.

Agreed. Adaptation of peoples around the globe. Like the Bushmen of he Kalahari, they spend all day in the sun, surviving on much less water and food.

In the same environment, a northern latitude, fair skin person would die in a day.

Really loved The Gods Must Be Crazy. Anyone wanting culture shock, enjoy that.

I'm glad you see that too. It's Anthropology 101. A lot of people think that it's white and black and pigmentation doesn't change gradually based on geography and adaptation. In fact, circa 2007/2008, there was no single gene or even relatively small gene cluster responsible for skin color or many other phenotypic variations.
edit on 9-4-2016 by s3cz0ne because: Typo... As usual

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
Hello first post so go easy.

loyd Pye pretty well covered what you are talking.

He reckons, Primates have 98 "bits" of DNA, us 96, however our last bit seems to be joined
to the second last giving us 2 less.

He claims it is only with modern that this occurs.
No other mammal on earth has its last two bits of DNA "welded" together
and its does not seem very natural.

Mitochondrial DNA is another problem for our evolution theory,
he is a lot more convincing then me on this topic, I found it interesting
but would not say I'm converted.

I bit more off topic, the moon.
Without it mammals can not breed, as the female would need to ovulate.
And with that you need a moon.
So if there are any space trekking mammals out there their home
planet would need a a moon or such like.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm glad you see that too. It's Anthropology 101. A lot of people think that it's white and black and pigmentation doesn't change gradually based on geography and adaptation.

I didn't get what else you said but this part… yay for common sense.

In colder climes like greater asia, cold wind make people squint so we get slant eyes and less protein in diet produces smaller frames.

Look at the Sherpas, they can climb like mountain goats in lo oxygen… like you said, anthropology 101.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains
some of your suppositions might be answered by the fact that our genome is degrading. according to Geneticists:

yt: Prof. John Sanford on Genomic Entropy
youtu.be...
Geneticists:
Dr. Crow: we are inferior to caveman.
Dr. Knodrashov: no human geneticist doubts man is degenerating.
Dr. Lynch Even assuming a lower mutation rate, we are degenerating at 1%-5% per generation.
Implies a young Creation and as with DNA complexity, theory of evolution is unlikely.

Average cell in 15 yr old - up to 6,000 mutations per cell. (all your cells are different)
Skin cell in 60 yr old - up to 40,000 mutations
Mutations primary cause of aging and death.
“...little potential for substantially increasing the upper limit of human life span.” (upper limit: 120 yrs)
--Michael Lynch (Population Geneticist)
50% reduction in sperm count in men.

Around 100 new mutations per generation.

Dr. Francis Collins, head of Human Genome Project, converted to Christ partly due to the data he found working in genetics.

“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.”
Romans 8:22

Hello Verum1

Your geneticists have had some major problems with their theories. Sanford has been thoroughly debunked. Both Crow and Kondrashovs hypothesis have been found to have much evidence against them. And nice to see you using the exact same quotes as you had a year ago when trying to state that evolution is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'm glad you see that too. It's Anthropology 101. A lot of people think that it's white and black and pigmentation doesn't change gradually based on geography and adaptation.

I didn't get what else you said but this part… yay for common sense.

In colder climes like greater asia, cold wind make people squint so we get slant eyes and less protein in diet produces smaller frames.

Look at the Sherpas, they can climb like mountain goats in lo oxygen… like you said, anthropology 101.

Clearly it's much more complicated than just skin color and the like. Common sense did you say? I thought that was extinct!?!?

Also I'd like to make a correction to my original reply; I meant to reference the production of vitamin D in northern peoples with very light skin. Unfortunately I mentioned vitamin E. I'm sorry and... My bad

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

1. Sunlight

We were much different when we were earlier humans, and we adapt to our surroundings.. We used to have much hairier bodies which would help protect against sun and the elements.. I also don't know of any species that could really stare directly at the sun without consequence.. there are also animals that cannot just sit in the sunlight all day. Many animals in the plains of Africa seek shade or get relief by going into ponds ..

2. Bad backs

I think this is more a product of life style.. bad backs are far more common now because many people of a much more sedentary life style, sitting with bad posture, standing with bad posture.. I did that for most of my life and now I have back issues.. I have a desk job and sit at a desk for 7 hours a day..

3. Illnesses

There's numerous reasons for that, yes ageing is part of it but bacteria and viruses also evolve over time. It's a never ending battle.. That's why new flu shots have to be developed every year, sometimes they are more effective than others.. but that's just one example.

4. Growing up

A lot of that has to do with instinct.. Those creatures typically have much shorter life span and do little more than "survive" .. but this reminded me of something. Have you never heard of parents giving birth in a pool of water? it's not that uncommon, and the interesting thing is that the infants can swim at birth. I think a large part of that has to do with the fact that human parents often coddle their children and so they don't learn on their own at the rate they would by being held .. etc.. most modern parents wouldn't think of putting their infant in the water to see what their instincts can and can't do ..

5. Advances

That's not true at all .. Several animal species have been known to do this, the use of tools to complete objectives they can't do on their own.. Crows are also good at this..

6. Behaviour

I have quite a few videos of animals on youtube where they seem to be acting in retaliation.. A lot of them are cat videos .. Taunt an animal and they will attack .. Humans were very similar in our past, we were territorial hunters, we hunted for food.. now we hunt for food and sport.. Animals can and do attack preemptively ..

I think all life on earth is really alien.. in that the pieces needed for life to form most likely ( and most certainly ) from space.. but I think we evolved from that just like all other species of life on this planet..

I had opposing points against each of yours above just to kind of illustrate that..

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

I do not believe we are from another planet. There's absolutely no Scientific Evidence that supports this theory. You can't just choose to believe certain things based on an initial hypothesis. The hypothesis itself has to go through what is known as a Scientific Method in order to form a valid Theory. And even if you're able to form some type of Theory, it can be easily overthrown or challenged because you may be using "BIASED" data.

But of course we all come from other planets, Dust, meteorites and comets. Our Earth is only 4.5 ish billion years old, the Universe 13.7 ish Billion years old.. The grains of us must have come from somewhere out there.. Peace..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join