It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden pyramids in the U.S ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i have been thinking about this for awhile there have been civilations found in the congo thousands of years Old china, india, south america, egypt, paru, mexico, most if not all have prymids, so.............. where are the prymids in the united states, im firm to my belive that there are more to these prymids than the goverment of today will let you belive, like the acient runways in peru, i belive that there is a global coverup to the real truth that we are not alone in the universe and that the prymids are much older that what the current scientist think, i belive that there were many advanced cultures more advanced than we are, and had the ability to travel the universe example the cydonia region on mars, i think that one day really soon someone is going to stumble onto the truth that we are not alone, has anyone in the us ever found egyption or myan hryogliphics, that i would like to know there all over where are our prymids, distroyed ??????? you tell me, i want to know, post your thoughts

[edit on 18-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry for the spelling tired, also when they do find proof that we are not alone it will change everything, religion, history, sciene it could lead to mass histera and war? what do you think

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lest american schoolteachers forget about the Mississippian Culture and the Eastern Woodland Indians, here are some links. There are tons of pyramids in the USA.

Our Elders tell us we came from the stars.

Hope this helps. Now, back to my tamales...

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Chakotay's link is a good one.....after seeing the Etowah Mounds in person years ago, I was sure they were pyramids!

Being built of soil, rather than stone, these are more easily destroyed. I understand there was one, possibly larger, at Rome (Just north of the Etowah site) , but it was leveled when the site was chosen for the city.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The latest news of the progress of the explorations of what is now regarded by scientists as not only the oldest archaeological discovery in the United States, but one of the most valuable in the world, which was mentioned some time ago in the Gazette, was brought to the city yesterday by G. E. Kinkaid, the explorer who found the great underground citadel of the Grand Canyon during a trip from Green river, Wyoming, down the Colorado, in a wooden boat, to Yuma , several months ago. According to the story related yesterday to the Gazette by Mr. Kinkaid, the archaeologists of the Smithsonian institute, which is financing the explorations, have made discoveries which almost conclusively prove that the race which inhabited the mysterious cavern , hewn in solid rock by human hands, was of oriental origin, possibly from Egypt, tracing back to Ramses. If their theories are borne out by the translation of the tablets engraved with hieroglyphics, the mystery of the prehistoric peoples of North America, their ancient arts, who they were and whence they came, will be solved. Egypt and the Nile, and Arizona and the Colorado, will be linked by a historical chain running back to ages which staggers the wildest fancy of the fictionist.

More at........ www.think-aboutit.com...

Edit note. Please do not just copy and paste large tracts of text and always post a link to the original and add something of your own. Thankyou.

BACK to The Unexplained

[edit on 18-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
While I'm not sure of the correct time peroid, There were a native people to the southwest 4 corners states. These people were the Anasazi, they were a cliff dwelling people with quite advanced architecture for their time. They built massive stone homes into the side of cliffs many hundred feet above level ground.

These impressive dwellings while not pyramids, are certainly noteworthy. The most mysterious thing of all was that they disappeared suddenly, leaving only their homes as evidence that they ever existed. There are a few local native tribes to the 4 corners area that know more about the myth/story of these people, and how they lived, and their sudden evacuation/demise. Perhaps these Anasazi were the decendants of the pyramid builders, or were the pyramid builders themselves. Geographically, it's plausible.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I recall a few years back, We fount an etowah indian mound on our property In north western georgia and the goverment seized it! they seized 3 acers from my father!
Dunno why they would do it, My father warned me and my brothers not to go near it out of respect for the etowah who where buried inside. But iam guessing there was something they didnt want us to find.....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Now that is really neat to hear, most people only have stories from other people. Have you done any research into to etowah? did you find anything that may suggest why they would do that?

Originally posted by PanzerDiv
I recall a few years back, We fount an etowah indian mound on our property In north western georgia and the goverment seized it! they seized 3 acers from my father!
Dunno why they would do it, My father warned me and my brothers not to go near it out of respect for the etowah who where buried inside. But iam guessing there was something they didnt want us to find.....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So do you think that artical that i posted is real or a fake i mean egyptians in the americas no thats cool, and why would the goverment seize the cave ? what was down there that made them seize it, sounds fishy to me, i tell ya i think that there was a pre history to humans, another species that was advanced and then wiped out some how, but where is there technology ?????? did they just leave becasue the knew what was coming, and where would the best place be to hide there tech. antiartica??? we should start looking there !

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
May be the stories of the Native American might hold the key.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Anyone know of the purpose of the pyramids? My superficial research tells me that pyramids were mainly used for concentrating energy. If that's the case, then do the pyramids scattered all around the world, both modern and old, have something to do with the ley lines?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Chicomoztoc, the cavern of origins.
Historia Tolteca Chichimeca.

Here's a reference to the origin, according to certain traditions, of the Aztecs and Incas. The former spring from seven caverns, to commence their pilgrimage through the world. The latter are born of a grotto, and begin their wanderings: they are the great chief Manco-Capac and his seven siblings.

www.geocities.com...

It seems a though some beginning ancestors of the Meso-Americans were forced into this fabled cave. Also if you look at ancient artifacts of the Chinese you'll notice a similarity with the artifacts of the Incas. What was wrong with the air above that forced them into this cave? Did an asteroid impact mess up the surface for a time in the past?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here you go everyone... i just typed in April 5, 1909 in google and this was the first link

www.crystalinks.com...

so the story is true... i didnt doubt it just thought i would add this to the discussion

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.gci-net.com/users/v/vrartist/heiroglyphics.html here is a link with the hiroglyphics found in the cave in the grand canyon. Can anyone translate this?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
i have been thinking about this for awhile there have been civilations found in the congo thousands of years Old china, india, south america, egypt, paru, mexico, most if not all have prymids, so.............. where are the prymids in the united states, im firm to my belive that there are more to these prymids than the goverment of today will let you belive, like the acient runways in peru, i belive that there is a global coverup to the real truth that we are not alone in the universe and that the prymids are much older that what the current scientist think, i belive that there were many advanced cultures more advanced than we are, and had the ability to travel the universe example the cydonia region on mars, i think that one day really soon someone is going to stumble onto the truth that we are not alone, has anyone in the us ever found egyption or myan hryogliphics, that i would like to know there all over where are our prymids, distroyed ??????? you tell me, i want to know, post your thoughts

Hmmm... The bit about "Runways in Peru" makes me laugh... I quote Graham Hancock (Although i dont believe all the stuff in his books)

Graham Hancock on the runways of Peru (From Fingerprints of the Gods)

"Do you really think that highly intelligent extra terestrials, who have developed space ships which can travel millions of light years, have not yet mastered the art of vertical take off and landing?"

As for the the Pyramids... i have a theory (well a friends theory really) but i think it would be laughed at by most people

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I was wondering what the significance was of the three arrows pointing on the Egyptian picture. Was the Egyptian picture at the top also found in the cave or was it just the glyphs at the bottom?

The first thing that comes to mind that the arrows are pointing to is a connection to the Ancient American civilization. One arrow points to a feather. The Native Americans are well remebered for their feathered attire. Another points to a plate of food. Was this kind of food only found the Americas? There's no way to determine what the food was unless you can decipher the glyphs. Then there's the arrow pointing at the sun-disc scepter. The 'Peoples of the Sea' had unique sun-discs adorned on the top of their helmets.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if there was a great city with pyramids right on top where the Grand Canyon is located. Let's say some sort of Egyptian or ancient Chinese civilization began to build monuments like the other kingdoms but then a great catstrophe happened where the earth caved in right under the pyaramids and that how the Grand Canyon was formed.

Remeber also there's an asteroid crater located in Arizona which scientist believe happened 50,000 years ago. the crater is .75 miles across. What if it happened sooner and darkened the sky and made the air toxic unless you lived under ground.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
SEVEN CITIES OF CÍBOLA. Among the myths that propelled Spaniards into the far reaches of northern New Spain (Colonial Mexico) was the legend of the Seven Cities...On his return to New Spain, Fray Marcos reported seeing golden cities, the smallest of which was larger than Mexico City.

www.tsha.utexas.edu...

The seven Cities of Cibola Was very wealthy. It was a spanish legend.
Cabeza de Vaca was the spanish guy who planned the expedition of the seven cities. The Seven Cities were named after the many buffalo that lived there...The seven cities of cibola was named by when Cabeza De Vaca and his three shipped wrek survivors.They had walked in the desert for many years and finally found a new land that was full of grass and cibola-or buffalo. Thats when they decided to name it cibola after the many buffalos that had lived in that area.

www.npatterson.net...

www.applet-magic.com...

It so happens that the 'Peoples of the Sea' had helmets with dual horns and single horns protruding from them that resembled more like a Buffalo than a Bull's horns. Remeber the 'Peoples of the Sea' invaded the Eqyptian empire and the pharaoh of that time had pictures of the invasion drawn on their walls. The prisioners relayed their home world history to the Egyptians about their sinking city (Atlantis) and that's where Solon came to hear the story. Solon then told the story to Plato. Plato also spoke of Bull like (possibly Buffalos) creatures grazing around Posidon's temple, where they would hunt them down in a very primative way and slaughter the victim over the commandments of Posidon.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by lostinspace]

[edit on 16-1-2005 by lostinspace]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
thanks guys keep the posts coming

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thor Heyerdahl, died in 2002 at the age of 87. He had worked with a team who had built a 15m ship using papyrus. Trying to challenge modern science, Thor had attempted to cross the Atlantic. The ship failed about a week away from Barbados. Their second attempt was with a 12m ship and sucessfully crossed the Atlantic in 57 days.

He was also part of several other interesting expaditions. More info on him and the RA expeditions read here

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join