It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Get out......this isn't going to get any better.......its only going to get worse.

If you can't get out......be careful, keep your mouth shut. Remember, in a society like this, you don't owe anyone but family and friends the "truth".

Final helpful hint when at bars? If someone tries to bait you into a political conversation, just tell them "I was taught that its impolite to discuss Religion or Politics in public places, much less bars!" That usually shuts them up.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It's just as easy to say the same thing about people on the Right. But I will not do so because I am not an expert in the field (I'd bet neither are you) and I would not want to be the one to say something completely absurd as that.

Yes, it's ridiculous and I find it hilarious that you expect any intelligent person to believe that what is said is reasonable in any way.

I know people disagree on politics and may not agree with how certain individuals deal with certain situations, but to attempt to tie a political ideology with a personality disorder is just absurd.

Do you really think the people of ATS are that stupid?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
On the topic of Personality Disorders...

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Trump clearly has this disorder, and his inability to calm waters, but instead engage in every conflict because of his fragile ego, I believe would put the U.S. in more danger.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear that. Dont let it get to you.

I understand where you are coming from. I made my choice based off actions and attitude of "detractors". I saw how unstable and biased they were and I was practically shown who NOT to support.

Its better to just avoid the issue all together. In the real world when I see someone is not capable of an adult conversation or is too heavily brain washed, I tell them I am apolitical and to please avoid topics like religion or politics.

Seems to work when you compare religion to politics and ask them to stop.

I hope you find that happy center in all this.

The crazy ones would be crazy no matter the issue or reason. Just ignore them. They arent happy and would try to bring you into their personal hell. Its lonely there apparently, no matter how many are gathered together in their solitude. There is no "unity" in an ANTI movement.

Good luck sir-

edit on 3 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's just as easy to say the same thing about people on the Right. But I will not do so because I am not an expert in the field (I'd bet neither are you) and I would not want to be the one to say something completely absurd as that.

Yes, it's ridiculous and I find it hilarious that you expect any intelligent person to believe that what is said is reasonable in any way.

I know people disagree on politics and may not agree with how certain individuals deal with certain situations, but to attempt to tie a political ideology with a personality disorder is just absurd.

Do you really think the people of ATS are that stupid?

As usual, you missed the Big Picture. You picked up on the micro particle and missed where I said "in either direction". However, right now, we are experiencing it from the far lefties.

Yes, I do think there is psychosis on a massive scale when someone gets upset over the words Trump2016 written in chalk. Yes, I do think there is psychosis when one requires safe spaces when they hear opposing viewpoints.
Yes, I do think there is psychosis when you take a micro particle out of the Big Picture and blow it up out of proportion.

To be diagnosed as a personality disorder, a behavioral pattern must cause significant distress or impairment in personal, social, and/or occupational situations.

So, yes, I do believe there is something mentally wrong with the hyper reactive nature we see being displayed across the country right now, especially among college age individuals.

Personality disorder on a massive scale in this age group? Why?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It does seem that people aren't allowed to state their opinions anymore. I've learned to keep my head down when I'm around the snowflakes and liberal flakes, but this thread has inspired me to go ahead and stand with my team.

*runs to closet, pulls out "Team Trump" hoody jacket that has only been worn once due to reactions*

To heck with the flakes, they've got to learn that people have a right to a different view of things.

STM
edit on 30-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
So, yes, I do believe there is something mentally wrong with the hyper reactive nature we see being displayed across the country right now, especially among college age individuals.

Personality disorder on a massive scale in this age group? Why?

Probably because young people still remember the difference between right and wrong, whereas many adults become damaged, cynical and bitter.

So things like, "deport them all", or "ban them all", or "torture them even if the intel is worthless, because they deserve it anyway", or "we need to kill their families"--- those things sound just F'ing fine to angry cynical bitter people-- but sound batsh*t crazy to people who still have a conscience... which compels them to protest and react strongly.

edit on 30-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

define "react strongly" please.

STM

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

That sudden repulsion one feels when they encounter a Trump supporter.

Like if I went to a public place and held up a White Supremacy sign... I'd probably experience similar strong reactions.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I have several friends on my FB wall who have become increasingly violent as they realize the Bern is fading and all it left them with was a scar and a need for ointment.

Nope, it hasn't faded.
1 st time ever, Sanders leads Clinton in REGISTERED DEMOCRATS Nationally in Reuters Poll (49-48)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: seentoomuch

That sudden repulsion one feels when they encounter a Trump supporter.

Like if I went to a public place and held up a White Supremacy sign... I'd probably experience similar strong reactions.

That's because you are a microparticalite. I will bet you have never gone to Trump's website and examined his common sense approaches to the big issues, especially illegal immigration.

I will bet some left wing rag or pundit (another microparticlite) told you something, you believed it, you took it out of context or blew it out of proportion, then went all hyper reactive.

I really believe there is a psychosis developing among a certain demographic of our society that needs to be addressed.

A person can feel repulsed by something or someone without going bat**it crazy about it and threatening them, getting destructive, or needing a safe space to deal with their inner conflict.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Violence to anyone who has a different view seems to be the left's number one go to along with stealing (Trump signs in yards) or vandalizing peoples' property (cars with Trump stickers) who dare to have a different view. I bet the majority of the left is under a psychologist, therapist or psychiatrist's care. It really shows in their actions.

STM

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I feel you i am in Bernie land over here in CT and I am in collage, so yea if any one mentions trump they get attacked. I have already augured with teachers and the whole class, although a few older people sided with me a few times.

Bernie supports like to fly off the handle and label you( although they claim to be anti label?) for defending yourself self. It is a cult.
edit on 30-3-2016 by CosmicSmack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I will bet you have never gone to Trump's website and examined his common sense approaches to the big issues, especially illegal immigration.

Correct, however I have watched all of the debates and the recent Town Hall, and always listen to the candidates.

I will bet some left wing rag or pundit (another microparticlite) told you something, you believed it, you took it out of context or blew it out of proportion, then went all hyper reactive.

Incorrect. I'm well aware of media-bias. As I said above, I listen to the candidates themselves. Trump disqualifies himself for people of empathy and conscience. I will not support a guy simply for being anti-establishment and turn a blind eye to the awful ideas he has.

I really believe there is a psychosis developing among a certain demographic of our society that needs to be addressed.

I agree. It started with the Fox effect - look it up. And has been incubating for awhile now. Allowing a misinformation machine to be called a news network has been extremely damaging, and has fed the anger and xenophobia that allows Trump to thrive. Indeed a psychosis.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There appears to be an unhinged element within the Bernie crowd.

They are okay with death threats, violence, infringing on the rights of others.

This isn't isolated and appears to be growing.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

what you describe is something going on in our society on a massive scale among these types of liberals.

They get hyper upset and display psychosis when they see a Trump2016 sign written in chalk.
They need "safe spaces" to deal with any type of conflict.
They demand rather than negotiate or discuss.
They disrupt rather than protest.
They get destructive and violent even though they preach love and peace.
They tend to take a mile when given an inch, and don't understand when others have had enough of their tantrums and idiocy.

You describe it well...but..ahem...that is not "liberals" you are describing....

The ability to deflect and project?...A cognitive necessity for the right wing these days...

My recent favorite was when the GOP blamed the rise of Trump on President Obama!...Gotta love this nonsense..

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You picked up on the micro particle and missed where I said "in either direction".

No, I didn't pick up the micro particle. I know you said "in either direction" and I still think it's absurd to say such things, whether it's about the Left, Right or both.

You are labeling something a personality disorder because you lack the capability, or experience, to understand their way of thinking. That's dangerous and intellectually dishonest.

However, right now, we are experiencing it from the far lefties.

Did you just pick up the micro particle?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Only one Bernie Sanders supporter mentioned in your OP. Being anti-Trump (as in the first encounter) doesn't equal pro-Sanders. Just saying.

Regardless it's sad that some adults can't control their emotions. Politics and religion, two topics that shouldn't be broached in polite conversation.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
When I hear a Bernie supporter out on street mention anything political, I usually hurry up a goodbye, or think to myself they're misinformed.

Well except for in example #2 where the guy had enough of the conversation and chose to end it and walk away. You chose to pursue him after he left the bar (you know, off property where fights tend to happen) and angrily confront him. That seems pretty aggressive. I'm not surprised that he got defensive. He realized that the conversation was going to get too heated and did the smart thing by disengaging. You did not.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

1) I went out to the patio to smoke, he was there. I laughingly asked him if he was serious. I didn't chase anyone down

2) This was a guy that basically said I was an ignorant Trump idiot, not to talk to him...after Trump's NAME came up.

I didn't go after anyone. I half way thought he was joking

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join