It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I walked right by them without saying a word and the one who attacked me pats me on my shoulder and said "Nice meeting you"...I said "Yeah"....and didn't even look at her.

You sound pretty butthurt about it to be honest. I wouldn't put much thought to it. They obviously don't like Trump and think the same about his supporters. I mean they are strangers, so who cares.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: kaylaluv

The PC Brigade telling people not to get offended over words.

Wonders never do cease in 2016, It's truly a great time to be alive.

So much irony that I damn near broke a tooth consuming it.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've seen hate from both sides of the spectrum.

I've heard plenty of people on the right say some hateful things when you say the name "Obama".

But the Left?

Oh....my...........god.

Too many times I have seen and heard people on the Left act in ways that made me think they were suddenly possessed by demons and have actually wondered if their head was going to do a 180 with pea soup spouting from them!

Seriously....even one of my own daughters acts this way.

For a political ideology that is suppose to be so full of "tolerance", I have never before seen such hate and venomous remarks before...and not just over Trump, but with ANYTHING that doesn't conform to their ideals.

It's the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen in my life......

smh

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So - you talked politics in a BAR and were met by hostility and aggression?

In other news - water is in fact wet.

So I'm guessing you didn't read my post?

Nope, I read it - you went to a bar and met a woman who went off about Trump. You went to another bar and were criticized again for being a Trump supporter.

I thought you Trump supporters were all about letting others express their freedom of speech and were not stifled by this "PC," culture? Sounds like you need to recover in a safe-space after being verbally assaulted.

Seriously though - and I don't drink nor go to bars so perhaps I'm wrong - but I wouldn't expect bringing politics up in a bar setting to be the best idea.

you did ?

actually the OP never stated who he supports in both situations...he merely mentioned the name Trump and how he was following news about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

At this point I'm angry...so I give him a piece of my mind and he cowers down and call me a "bully" now. And I'm pissed. We get into it, I got heated, I started getting loud because this is twice in 2 hours I've been called names by people I don't after basically saying a NAME...to where I was asked to leave the bar. So I did.

What's that saying I keep hearing from conservatives on here? Oh yeah, stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. I keep hearing people shouldn't get so upset over words.

1) I'm not a "Conservative"

2) This isn't about "words"

Did they throw any punches at you? Who was asked to leave the bar?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This is a paraphrase of a sign I have seen in nearly every bar I have ever been in:

The Rules:

No religion, no football, no politics.

It's a good shout. I am shocked that you did not know of this.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Sounds like you've been channeling your inner snowflake.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I didn't know it was this bad. I've never seen this in my life. Where my political views, or a mere WORD makes me an outcast or villain somehow. I saw something CLOSE to this with Bush (Which I didn't support)...but people were able to talk about it. This is a whole different vibe. And now I'm defensive. I feel like I have to shut my mouth and swallow the words and thoughts because I don't know if something will happen. I thought at most it was just the general disgust, anger, annoyance on their part. It's now getting hostile and aggressive and I'm considering REALLY moving away from Los Angeles at this point.

Today really opened my eyes and I feel trapped. I have to get out. This isn't good.

It's not good. Not for any of us

There's a part of me that wants to discuss the beginning of all this - when one side decided that we should be able to say anything - and the special snowflakes should just suck it up - before the special snowflakes decided what we could all say and not say. We all share some responsibility in this

A few months ago a very good friend of mine sat me down and began grilling me about my religious and political beliefs - then proceeded to start mocking me - and not in a fun way. She's right leaning - so...

Not good

There's no rules now - and we all should remember to be on our best behavior because - this is where we are now

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is a paraphrase of a sign I have seen in nearly every bar I have ever been in:

The Rules:

No religion, no football, no politics.

It's a good shout. I am shocked that you did not know of this.

Read the OP

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

At this point I'm angry...so I give him a piece of my mind and he cowers down and call me a "bully" now. And I'm pissed. We get into it, I got heated, I started getting loud because this is twice in 2 hours I've been called names by people I don't after basically saying a NAME...to where I was asked to leave the bar. So I did.

What's that saying I keep hearing from conservatives on here? Oh yeah, stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. I keep hearing people shouldn't get so upset over words.

1) I'm not a "Conservative"

2) This isn't about "words"

Did they throw any punches at you? Who was asked to leave the bar?

They made his time that he spent there unpleasant.
Is that what you strive to do when you go to a public place... ruin a person's good time?
From what I know of you on this site, I would say the answer is no. I don't think that you would do that, because it is not what nice people do.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Well said.
I am becoming increasingly afraid of what things will be like when the race narrows down to two diametrically opposite candidates, like Bernie and Donald.
Things could really get ugly this Summer.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Sounds like you've been channeling your inner snowflake.

Better to channel your "inner snowflake" than let that be your permanent state of existence.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

You can't be "violent" on social media. Violence implies physical altercation, posting opinions on a social media site is not "violent".

I guess we can just ignore the definition of words and use them because they sound more buzzworthy? Violence implies there is a victim, no one was victimized by someone posting an opinion on Facebook, but the victim card seems to be pretty popular these days on both sides of the aisle.
edit on 3/30/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
"Snowflake" is a word reserved for people who think they're special.

This thread isn't about my 'specialness'. It's about aggression from people over a NAME. Which is where we are as a country now.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Walk into a bar,

Ohh Come on , you got to follow up that up with a Joke.

I didn't know it was this bad. I've never seen this in my life

The masses (Radical Trump and Bernie followers) are realizing that something is amiss and are angry. Unfortunately like a little kid , they are incorrectly projecting their anger and frustration towards the wrong issues and they lack the ability to focus on the solution.

edit on 18331America/ChicagoWed, 30 Mar 2016 09:18:12 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I didn't say they were nice. I've been in plenty of public places in my home state of Texas, where I've been told some pretty nasty stuff about Obama, his wife, gay people, transgender people, liberal people, etc. I just smile and move along. No point in getting so upset, and I don't plan on moving out of my home state. It's Texas, for God's sake. I just live with the fact that there are lots of not-so-nice conservatives around, and I don't feel the need to start a fight over it. Nor do I feel the need to start a thread on it.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When I hear a Bernie supporter out on street mention anything political, I usually hurry up a goodbye, or think to myself they're misinformed.

I never get into exchanges or call people "Piece of sh*T" or say "I can't talk to ignorant people like you".

As much as I disagree with Bernie, I'd never say that to a supporter. I'd never go into tirades over the mention of his NAME.

That's craziness.
edit on 652am3109America/Chicago13CDT09America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

I didn't say they were nice. I've been in plenty of public places in my home state of Texas, where I've been told some pretty nasty stuff about Obama, his wife, gay people, transgender people, liberal people, etc. I just smile and move along. No point in getting so upset, and I don't plan on moving out of my home state. It's Texas, for God's sake. I just live with the fact that there are lots of not-so-nice conservatives around, and I don't feel the need to start a fight over it. Nor do I feel the need to start a thread on it.

There's threads here started for many various reasons. This one is anecdotal. A personal experience. Nobody is forcing you to read this. You can easily ignore it if it displeases you.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's like Palin derangement syndrome. *Trump style* Marginalizing certain supporters is a tried and tested method. Of course it's being used again.

This is how the two parties colluded, in 2008, to bring us Obama. This is how they are colluding now to bring us Bernie.

I'll say it again, Congress is frothing at the mouth to spend under Bernie's $18 trillion plan -- democrats and republicans. Wait and see...Bernie is The Chosen One.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join