It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Bluesma

You're not wrong. It's obvious what happened. OP got dissed by some girls over his politics and his feelings were hurt over it. Then, he started up again with 2 other people who told him to leave them alone which made him so emotional that he followed them out of thr bar where they proceeded to tell him to go away again. The story wraps up when the employees of the establishment asked him to leave for being loud and inciting other patrons.

In the OPs mind, none of his actions were weird and you know this story is full of half truths. It's obvious by the way the story is told that there is a whole bunch of dishonesty here. I love when people aggravate others then play the innocent game. "It's everybody except for me that's causing problems". No dude, it's you. The world isn't at fault because you got burned at the bar. Also, never follow people out of a bar. If that was you approaching me like that I would have gotten defensive and told management of the establishment that you're harassing people. After all, you didn't get in consecutive discussions about the election by pure coincidence. Face yourself. Look into the mirror and admit that drinking and bothering others is inappropriate.

You do know its against TnC to call a poster a liar right? But here you go doing just that. First instance the girls were nosy and started the conversation first. GASP? you mean women can go after guys? how shocking!! So theres LIE number ONE. They initiated the conversation when they got nosy over what he was tweeting or following on twitter.

The second instance. OP mentioned a name and that was it yet again JUST THE NAME and the guy goes off on him in a tirade then walks off. And leaves BEFORE the OP. Then when th eOP leaves just to be sure he asked the guy IN PASSING(you know walking by ) If he was serious? OP didnt chase the man down. Thats LIe number TWO.

Then the guy gets in OPS face provoking the OP to raise his voice. look at the incident in TOTALITY of circumstances.
Its Obvious you have a beef against the OP for some reason as well.

ANd Yes I pointed out your falsehoods. does this mena i called you a liar? NO just your narrative fiction,not you.
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: clarification

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Now for your second claim. Did you know that presidents don't actually make laws? Every post in ATS has its source, or sources are called for if a claim is made. And in looking your sources for the trump claim about the press, the first page were all left leaning publications. I'll have to filter through more pages, but since I'm at work, I don't really have the time right now.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That experience sounds quite like every experience I used to have with anyone who differs from my opinions.

I don't really talk about my opinions anymore because, frankly, who cares what I think? I do, however, ask people questions about their own opinions/beliefs, be it politics, religion, etc. I ask them, not because I truly care about who they are voting for, but I want them to draw logical conclusions, or see their thought processes in how they get to certain points. If they are able to do that, cool. We may actually be able to have a real discussion about stuff. If not, I tip my hat and laugh on down the road.

Being born and raised in Los Angeles, exposed to many different cultures and backgrounds and beliefs, I live and let live. What's good for you is good for you. I am an outlier here, and I know that. I am financially conservative, and socially liberal, and believe in freedom to do as you please, as long as you aren't hurting me or my own. I believe in the right to own guns, and grow weed, and think same sex marriages should happen without issue, but also the right to not own guns, and not grow weed, and not be forced into marrying a same sex couple if it is against your beliefs.

Kind of like television, and music, and movies. If you don't like what you're seeing, hearing, whatever, go to the next channel and find something there. Don't whine and complain about what you see if you can change the direction you're looking. That's on you (editorial you, not OP).

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: queenofswords
So, yes, I do believe there is something mentally wrong with the hyper reactive nature we see being displayed across the country right now, especially among college age individuals.

Personality disorder on a massive scale in this age group? Why?

Probably because young people still remember the difference between right and wrong, whereas many adults become damaged, cynical and bitter.

So things like, "deport them all", or "ban them all", or "torture them even if the intel is worthless, because they deserve it anyway", or "we need to kill their families"--- those things sound just F'ing fine to angry cynical bitter people-- but sound batsh*t crazy to people who still have a conscience... which compels them to protest and react strongly.

They remember the difference ?

They haven't seen anything, at all that would show them a difference.

Nothing but propaganda and outright lies and chaos is what they have seen, they protest and react strongly cause they have NO IDEA at all what else to do.

They think by supporting Bernie they can save the world, they are actually more trained in many ways, and more foolish than I thought people could get, so easily programmed to think compartmentally they will be lucky to ever find a way out.

And they will never likely even KNOW they are as dumb as the groups who ran headlong into WW2.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Calm down. I simply don't believe him. This comes down to drinking too much, running into the wrong people, and getting your ass handed to you. It happens. I've seen it at the bar a million times and I've seen guys just like the OP get tossed. The bouncers are not wrong for doing so. It involved people who you don't agree with politically so in your mind the OP is innocent and you must defend him despite the glaringly obvious truth. Alcohol, girls doing some dissing, two dudes not wanting to communicate with OP, guy gets tossed. He's a martyr though...lol. He was just preaching the good gospel and those evil liberals destroyed his peaceful evening, right? No. I love when people get thrown out of business establishments then tell the world that they were too good for that place anyways. It's a tough pill to swallow.

Isn't it better to be a little skeptical of this guy instead of blindly believing everything he says? He put the writing on the wall in the form of a trifecta of fails. I guess if it supports your narrative of going against liberals at all sense and cost of good judgment then by all means, proceed with defending someone you know nothing about who tells a ridiculous story that has a high probability of being filled with a half truths.

It makes me wonder if you'd be saying what I'm saying now had he been a Bernie supporter who got mocked by Trump people. I'm going to make a safe assumption and say probably.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RicketyCricket

You're not as much of an outlier as you think. Most people in this country are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Unfortunately, the loudest voices are heard and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The silent majority is a real thing. We're out there man. You just don't hear us, but there's a lot of people like you. Live and let live.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: yuppa

Calm down. I simply don't believe him. This comes down to drinking too much, running into the wrong people, and getting your ass handed to you. It happens. I've seen it at the bar a million times and I've seen guys just like the OP get tossed. The bouncers are not wrong for doing so. It involved people who you don't agree with politically so in your mind the OP is innocent and you must defend him despite the glaringly obvious truth. Alcohol, girls doing some dissing, two dudes not wanting to communicate with OP, guy gets tossed. He's a martyr though...lol. He was just preaching the good gospel and those evil liberals destroyed his peaceful evening, right? No. I love when people get thrown out of business establishments then tell the world that they were too good for that place anyways. It's a tough pill to swallow.

Isn't it better to be a little skeptical of this guy instead of blindly believing everything he says? He put the writing on the wall in the form of a trifecta of fails. I guess if it supports your narrative of going against liberals at all sense and cost of good judgment then by all means, proceed with defending someone you know nothing about who tells a ridiculous story that has a high probability of being filled with a half truths.

It makes me wonder if you'd be saying what I'm saying now had he been a Bernie supporter who got mocked by Trump people. I'm going to make a safe assumption and say probably.

Now thats a better response than the last one toward the OP. I used to frequent bars alot and ive seen people who got beliggerant tossed. the first one didnt seem to be a case of that. Look The way this works here is the OP is th e provider of our discussion

At ATS we usually give th ebenefit of the doubt to WHOEVER it is. As there is no other evidence of the OPs experience to verify this we have to go off previous posting history. And normally this poster is truthful.

Ive said before i dont care for political parties and go by a person by person approach. i individualize people when it comes to polotics.
But just mentioning a name is the stupidest thing ever for a argument. I can give advice to everyon ehere about such things going on. Just walk away and act like they dont exist. id a turned to th e barkeep and asked hey i s there someone sitting beside me? cause i mistakingly thought i saw someone who actually existed up until their inner bitch made a appeareance. Then walked off.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
Once we just start assuming people's dishonesty here in a discussion forum, discussion becomes impossible because it will always be the person's word against the assumptions and assertions of others.

I think it can most often be something else- not dishonesty, as in purposefully and intentionally lying.
I think as human beings we are prone to not always being completely honest with ourselves in our judgement of situations, including our own participation and impact upon events.

We can easily get caught up in evaluating the behavior of others, forgetting to observe our own, and our subconscious is directing our actions more than we want to admit.

I never indicate this person was lying, per se. I suggested they might have been passive aggressive, which for me, means they were being aggressive without being consciously aware of it.

It is only when those around us point such things out to us that we can become aware of it. My perception was meant as a helpful constructive observation - not an accusation or challenge!!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think the most important information here is:

How many Bernie supporters did not verbally attack you in 2 hours, I bet its a lot more than 2 considering you live in, apparently, Bernie central.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My post re: calling OP's honesty into question wasn't referring to yours, but rather the one immediately above my post. I probably should have replied to them, but as it's become a general theme of this topic, I made it more general than that. Apologies if you felt it was addressing you.

Indeed, cognitive dissonance can lead people to delude themselves into refusing to acknowledge their own culpability in events. However it can also lead to knee-jerk assessments of a person's character, especially in today's binary "with us or against us" political climate. And then those assumptions can become entrenched, take on a life of their own, and result in someone who did nothing being vilified.

Peace.
edit on 4/3/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04

My post re: calling OP's honesty into question wasn't referring to yours, but rather the one immediately above my post. I probably should have replied to them, but as it's become a general theme of this topic, I made it more general than that. Apologies if you felt it was addressing you.

No, no problem... I should have addressed mine to that other poster.... I guess I didn't care who exactly it was directed to, I just wanted to clarify my meaning in a general way.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The regressive left is of the view it is morally superior and therefor any opposing view is evil. The left feels justified in using verbal or physical violence as the ends justifies the means. If Trump paid protestors to go to Bernie's rallies you would never hear the end of it. Paid protestors to Trump rallies who cause violence and it is Trumps fault. Americans live in a oligarchy. The left is being used by people like Soros to cause division and maintain the illusion of a democracy.
Every politicians needs funding to run for office. Every politician is controlled by his financial backers. The media in the USA is owned by a few large corporations. They will never let Trump get the nomination. I wonder why Americans still believe in the political process given all the evidence that the political process is controlled by the elite and is a sham. If you are aware of this fact you can plan your life to avoid the control of the elite and save emotional energy by not buying into the bull#. Simple rules to survive. Be self employed, only take cash and do not borrow money. You can be a sheep or a wolf. It is your choice.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join