It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Only one Bernie Sanders supporter mentioned in your OP. Being anti-Trump (as in the first encounter) doesn't equal pro-Sanders. Just saying.

Regardless it's sad that some adults can't control their emotions. Politics and religion, two topics that shouldn't be broached in polite conversation.

The first girl was a Bernie supporter too. I just forgot to write her Bernie line in the OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think I've had enough of anything involving politics. It's about that time.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The total destruction it does to families who have made this place their home.

No, their home is in Mexico and THEY made the decision to come here illegally. Their family can all stay together in their home country.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Poor guy, wait a minute..I thought Trump and his supporters mocked those who complained about being effected by words..LOL. In fact, I believe they call them something like tender little snowflakes..LMAO

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So - you talked politics in a BAR and were met by hostility and aggression?

In other news - water is in fact wet.

So I'm guessing you didn't read my post?

Apparently not.
I thought you were clear about it.

And I am assuming you read it? AS only 1 person identified themselves as a Bernie Supporter.

The first girl threw Bernie in too. I just didn't write that part.

The un-attractive one? lol

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So - you talked politics in a BAR and were met by hostility and aggression?

In other news - water is in fact wet.

So I'm guessing you didn't read my post?

Apparently not.
I thought you were clear about it.

And I am assuming you read it? AS only 1 person identified themselves as a Bernie Supporter.

The first girl threw Bernie in too. I just didn't write that part.

The un-attractive one? lol

Yes, the obese, loud, high pitched voiced, unkempt, greasy school teacherish......one
edit on 992pm3105America/Chicago13CDT05America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
It works both ways, I support both Trump on certain issues and I support Bernie on other issues. I'd suggest not discussing politics with random strangers. You are going to run into people like this from either crowd.

I didn't 'discuss politics'. That was the point of the post. These two incidents happened over a name. Literally a name.

Looks like you're getting the same treatment here. Assumptions and tirades after saying 'Trump'

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
Poor guy, wait a minute..I thought Trump and his supporters mocked those who complained about being effected by words..LOL. In fact, I believe they call them something like tender little snowflakes..LMAO

Are you seriously drawing equivalence between 'trigger warnings' and 'safe spaces' and being verbally assaulted for uttering a name?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Pavlovian

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

Well he didnt say he was a TRUMP SUPPORTER so there goes THAT little chestnut hmm? This is a situation similiar to when the public wa s getting riled up before th e LA riots.

I dalmost gurantee IF trump gets the nomination and bernie dont get his california will be burning and lawless for a while. OVER a NAME.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Next time somebody asks you who you are voting for, just tell them you are voting for the tooth fairy, or bugs bunny. Politics is a joke, and everybody takes it serious like it matters.

I would've told those people to piss off with their delusions of grandeur.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So what did you learn from your experience?

Here is what I learned from your experience. Even if a girl asks what you are laughing about on your phone don't mention anything political and if someone comes up to you in a bar and starts talking politics then find someone else to talk to.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Might as well say the same for ATS...as it seems the majority on here are filled with rage at the other side. Since the election cycle started this forum has become a cesspool of intolerance and bashing of others. I don't think most people actually read the OP and if they did they already had their minds so made up they didn't actually comprehend the post. I'm sad for all of you...smh...drops mic and walks out...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I could write a thread almost daily about the verbal assaults I get from pro-Trump people at not being pro-Trump, or not being "conservative".

The street goes both ways.

It's a common tactic to demonize your enemy and make yourself look like a victim.

Sorry that happened to ya bro, but I get just as much verbal vomit on the daily from conservative Trump fans. It is what it is "these days".

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So what did you learn from your experience?

Here is what I learned from your experience. Even if a girl asks what you are laughing about on your phone don't mention anything political and if someone comes up to you in a bar and starts talking politics then find someone else to talk to.

I've learned that the mention of politics, in any fashion, even mere NAMES, outside of the internet...is no longer an option for me and serves no purpose in 2016.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I could write a thread almost daily about the verbal assaults I get from pro-Trump people at not being pro-Trump, or not being "conservative".

The street goes both ways.

It's a common tactic to demonize your enemy and make yourself look like a victim.

Sorry that happened to ya bro, but I get just as much verbal vomit on the daily from conservative Trump fans. It is what it is "these days".

I can almost guarantee there are Trump people that do this to others. This thread is just my experience. Most definitely a two way street.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. Even posting about it is perfectly fine. That's what ATS is supposed to be for.

I am a delegate here in Colorado. I have the names and numbers of 5 DA candidates in my phone, as well as several state congress hopefuls, and a handful of CU regents. I talk to any and all of them because I am curious about people and because I am a journalism student, and frankly -- it all makes great fodder for writing.

People talking don't threaten me. People voting their conscience don't threaten me. I like to talk with all kinds of people, about all kinds of things. Even people I disagree with strongly on a personal level.

How did we ever come to this? I actually got into an argument with my GF because I am following BOTH Cruz and Trump on Twitter. Of course I am, I told her. It is part of my sideline to talk with people from all walks and write about their experiences. Mostly about geek subjects, admittedly. My main sideline gig as a senior writer for an online publication has tons more to do with Dungeons and Dragons than it does Sanders or Trump.

What can I say? I like to spread my wings.

Had I been at either bar, I would have bought you a drink. You are not my enemy. You are a human being with interests an opinions which are occasionally different than mine. God forbid, that's where the fun is.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I spent the last few years living in the san francisco bay area...all conservatives are closet conservatives. It was crazy how angry some people get. We moved out a year ago and THANK GOD we did. We are in Sacramento now, but even here it can get crazy. My wife bought a trump shirt (even though she doesn't really support him, she likes pissing off liberals as much as me) but she is afraid to wear it. AFRAID TO WEAR A SHIRT! Yet the left will talk all day about tolerance......insane

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

Well, she might be less afraid if she didn't go around trying to piss people off as much as you.

What reaction did you expect by going around purposefully pissing people off???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join