It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So - you talked politics in a BAR and were met by hostility and aggression?

In other news - water is in fact wet.

So I'm guessing you didn't read my post?

Apparently not.
I thought you were clear about it.

And I am assuming you read it? AS only 1 person identified themselves as a Bernie Supporter.

I did read it and noticed that the member in question... not just once, but twice made it clear that that they did not.

edit on b000000312016-03-30T10:26:21-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 30 Mar 2016 10:26:21 -05001000000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well I am already counting on being pulled over for the window tint in Texas. I have been reading articles about how Colorado drivers are being targeted for weed. That combined with outward support of Bernie surely would not be welcomed by much love in the South.

But ill be honest i do not know. It is my first time down there i just know how those states' constituents vote.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well I am already counting on being pulled over for the window tint in Texas. I have been reading articles about how Colorado drivers are being targeted for weed. That combined with outward support of Bernie surely would not be welcomed by much love in the South.

But ill be honest i do not know. It is my first time down there i just know how those states' constituents vote.

So, it really has nothing to do with Bernie. You are just talking about window tinting and the fact that pot has been decriminalized in Colorado.

There are Bernie supporters in every state. A Bernie bumper sticker is not going to elicit the response you are insinuating. You should really step outside your comfort zone more often.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What do you expect? You were in a bar. Get a couple drinks in someone and they could become belligerent over the color of your shoes.

I've had the pleasure of experiencing both Sanders and Trump supporters in public and, frankly, they both can be a bit annoying. I don't like to talk politics in public and being forced to listen to the drivel people spout is exhausting.

So I can understand how you may feel over your personal experience.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

1) I'm seeing someone
2) Yep
3) Read the OP

Oh I read the OP...Is your girlfriend aware that you are visiting bars and flirting with women?

Sit at the bar at the end and there are two women chatting and laughing. The one nearest me is attractive late 40s and attractive, her friend not so much and the yappy one of the two. The closest one to me starts talking to me

Put another way...When your story starts with you sitting at a bar and describing how attractive a woman is or isn't before starting a conversation and being frustrated it didn't go well ...

Seriously dude...save the BS for the girl you are seeing...

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
deportation.

Why shouldn't people be intolerant of people who entered the country illegally? What do you have against deporting them? It's not the American taxpayer's job to pay for these people who don't care about our laws and only really want to be here to exploit the country.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hey all of ATS. I am driving to Alabama through Texas, New Mexico, and Louisiana this week. My car has tinted windows and Colorado plates. Think i should slap a Bernie sticker on there?

I probably would not make it to AL haha.

I see many Bernie bumper stickers in Dallas. Austin has lots of Bernie supporters. I highly doubt you'll encounter opposition in Texas over this.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Why shouldn't people be intolerant of people who entered the country illegally? What do you have against deporting them? It's not the American taxpayer's job to pay for these people who don't care about our laws and only really want to be here to exploit the country.

I don't believe the most extreme response to deport 11 million people is necessary. What do I have against it? The total destruction it does to families who have made this place their home. People who are paying rent or bills, going to school, working jobs-- to be completely uprooted and deported-- it's draconian.

Illegal downloads are a big problem too. Criminals collectively stealing millions if not billions from the economy. But should we fine every man, woman, and child hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars, the worst possible punishment, and destroy lives all across the country... just because we can? The problem is too big, so a path to legalization is offered these people.

Bottom line, I see a path to legalization the best course of action.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Religion and politics

Two subjects never to bring up with people who have been drinking.

I thought everybody knew this.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Hey all of ATS. I am driving to Alabama through Texas, New Mexico, and Louisiana this week. My car has tinted windows and Colorado plates. Think i should slap a Bernie sticker on there?

I see many Bernie bumper stickers in Dallas. Austin has lots of Bernie supporters. I highly doubt you'll encounter opposition in Texas over this.

Houston, Dallas and Austin - okay. You won't find too many Bernie supporters in Odessa, San Angelo, or any one of the millions of tiny highly conservative towns in far west or far east Texas.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: TheBulk

I don't believe the most extreme response to deport 11 million people is necessary. What do I have against it? The total destruction it does to families who have made this place their home. People who are paying rent or bills, going to school, working jobs-- to be completely uprooted and deported-- it's draconian.

Illegal downloads are a big problem too. Criminals collectively stealing millions if not billions from the economy. But should we fine every man, woman, and child hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars, the worst possible punishment, and destroy lives all across the country... just because we can? The problem is too big, so a path to legalization is offered these people.

Bottom line, I see a path to legalization the best course of action.

They didn't mind uprooting from Mexico and moving here. I honestly don't see much difference. I understand the hardship it would cause, but they broke the law. Sorry, I have a little sympathy but not enough to say I agree with making a path for citizenship. We already have a path for citizenship.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Houston, Dallas and Austin - okay. You won't find too many Bernie supporters in Odessa, San Angelo, or any one of the millions of tiny highly conservative towns in far west or far east Texas.

Maybe, but I still doubt he'll encounter anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I just don't see any basis for expecting something bad to happen for having a Bernie bumper sticker anywhere in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Read your op - and yeah, people seem to be looking for an argument where there is none, and read through your first page of replies here, and your bar experience is continued.....🤔

This whole election down there is bringing out the crazies...so glad to be Canadian, where our entire election from announcement to new PM, takes about a month or so.....

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Well, the first story with the ladies at the bar you didn't mention anything about them being Bernie supporters first of all. They might be Hillary supporters for all we know. Apparently the guy in the second story was a supporter of his though. But the common thread in both seems to be that they don't like Trump. Maybe it's more of a dislike for Trump than being a Bernie fan that is the problem.

Just because someone supports Sanders doesn't mean much. But the Dislike for Trump is pretty wide spread.

This new meme of Bernie Supporters being violent as if it has something to do with Bernie is an interesting trend though IMO. There's been quite a bit of it going around lately.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

They have followed the 3D's of misinformation that was given them by the MSM, the Democrat Party and possibly their college professors. Dismiss, Distract and Demean it is the way of politics today.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Snowflake" is a word reserved for people who think they're special.

And there it is then...

I can’t speak for all people – whether they lean left or right, so I’ll just tell you my experiences. I remember not long after 9/11 – the Arabs all but disappeared from the city where I live. The cafes where we used to meet were empty – Muslim cab drivers were gone…

I had friends and coworkers that were receiving threats – had their houses hit with eggs and graffiti – phone calls in the middle of the night... The atmosphere at work was tense. I remember one friend of mine telling me her kids refused to go to school because of what the other kids were saying. These were little kids, and already their friends were calling them hateful names and threatening to hurt them

It didn’t take long before I started getting the emails – very ugly emails that also threatened liberals that didn’t get on board. These were from friends and family

Thing of it is, well before 9/11 , I was already getting anti liberal emails – along with anti feminist crap, anti Mexican crap – anti Black crap…

When I saw that my silence was beginning to be part of the problem – I came back at all of it. Sorry if it’s not PC – or lady like, but if you say something bigoted – I’m going to call you a bigot

So, where did all of this start?

It feels like the official campaign started with some people wanting a safe space to say their hateful things – and guess who the enemy was? People pushed back – and here we are

I’m sorry some Bernie supporters made you feel unsafe. I’m not sure what we’re going to do about all this at this late date. I could point fingers – but that would just be more of the same

edit on 3/30/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The saddest part of this story was when Fountain let the attractive girl slip from his grasp. As for the second part of the story, take it as a sign to not talk to other dudes in bars. It's a rule that has served me well.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is a bonafide personality disorder, and, imo, many far left-leaning individuals display it. They are otherwise normal and unless something they disagree with triggers it, you would never know the extent of it. They are easily manipulated and tend to see a micro particle rather than the big picture.

We all get angry from time to time. We get into heated debates sometimes. But, what you describe is something going on in our society on a massive scale among these types of liberals.

They get hyper upset and display psychosis when they see a Trump2016 sign written in chalk.
They need "safe spaces" to deal with any type of conflict.
They demand rather than negotiate or discuss.
They disrupt rather than protest.
They get destructive and violent even though they preach love and peace.
They tend to take a mile when given an inch, and don't understand when others have had enough of their tantrums and idiocy.

Too much leaning in any direction is unhealthy mentally. We all have to live together and let the pendulum swing, but these types of people with this type of personality disorder are unable to deal with that and get butt hurt over every little thing.

When they do this, then they see everybody else with common sense as some kind of phobic or "ist". You think we should control immigration at a steady healthy level from areas where radicals incubate and upgrade our visa protocols, then these lefties scream (not discuss) "you're a racist"!

Maybe it's something in their diet (: or in the water.

edit on 30-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: butcherguy

I thought they were the tolerant ones.
Why so much hate.
Not enough free stuff for them yet?

Hate so much they decided to get onto the Internet and inform random strangers about it?

Wait a second. Now I'm 'hateful' for posting an experience...in a political forum? To strangers?

This is ATS. Did I miss something?

I understood what happened... I think... you didn't claim to support anyone, just mentioned Trump's name. You could of been opening a discussion about how ridiculous Trump is, but at the mere mention of his name people assumed you are a Trump supporter.
Crappy experiences that just prove that old saying never discuss politics as a subject with people.
Sorry you had a crappy time trying to relax and have a drink. I'd be all buggered by this too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join