It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very modest 137 IQ (and I mean it)...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What a totally innocent rapist joke

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Her fault for dressing that way.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Could not be any other way

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

memory-alpha.wikia.com...

When temporarily rendered Human by the Q Continuum, Q claimed to possess an IQ of 2005

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was asked my IQ but I hadn't a clue
So I took a test and gave it my best
Was it high? Was it low?
I don't really know
I think I'll go eat a potato

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I like being dumb, if I where smart I would realize how mess up the world really is and how impotent I am about it, GO YANKEES WOHOO!!! more beer please

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
I was asked my IQ but I hadn't a clue
So I took a test and gave it my best
Was it high? Was it low?
I don't really know
I think I'll go eat a potato

Hahaha! You obviously have an incredibly high IQ (or an incredibly low one, I think I'll go eat a potato and think about it)...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No
No

It was an anecdote, a situation that happened once, no judgement on you at all
I don't know you, it was not meant as a criticism or anything, just levity

All I wanted to get across was some people ar gifted in certain thing and may, may fail in other thing.

I have an amazing talent, just not intelligence

as many would testify around here

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I was reading the discussions and that popped into my head. I'm kinda odd that way.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

No
No

It was an anecdote, a situation that happened once, no judgement on you at all
I don't know you, it was not meant as a criticism or anything, just levity

All I wanted to get across was some people ar gifted in certain thing and may, may fail in other thing.

I have an amazing talent, just not intelligence

as many would testify around here

Very cool. I like the way you put that...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Yes you are, but a good kind of odd.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Whoa.

NERD ALERT!

Line for noogies starts heegh.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You're a monster. I know (If you don't get the 5th Element reference then you need to immediately change your avatar)...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I.Q tests are for those 'intellects' with a self esteem or superiority issue.

Last time I checked My I.Q was 128-the same as Obama. Does that make me fit to lead the free world? No. Does it mean that I can fix a car engine or create abstract art? No.

IQ results are not a benchmark-they are just numbers. There are many forms of intelligence-some folk are quick witted, some are slow burners.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I.Q tests are for those 'intellects' with a self esteem or superiority issue.

Last time I checked My I.Q was 128-the same as Obama. Does that make me fit to lead the free world? No. Does it mean that I can fix a car engine or create abstract art? No.

IQ results are not a benchmark-they are just numbers. There are many forms of intelligence-some folk are quick witted, some are slow burners.

I do agree with you. I remember when I was in college reading a book called The Bell Curve about this issue. It's complex, but I do like your take on it. I actually think it's important what you're saying...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
IQ's are like potatoes.
Some are big.
Some are small.

But all are boring if you don't add bacon bits and chives and butter and sour cream.

Now I'm hungry.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Interesting thread. As a 151 IQ myself I spent a lot of my early years resting my laurels on that fact, which was a disservice to myself.

Yes solutions to daily occurrences seemed to come easier to me than the average person. I gravitated toward process and naturally became an engineer in my adult life - which lead to a fun ongoing run in the startup world, I later realized that my fascination of automating daily procedures and simplifying steps really stemmed from my ADD, as contradictory as this may sound My wanting to avoid the mundane daily grind and seemingly have no "to do" list was what drove my innovation, more succincly,it was my laziness that steered my direction. Fast forward, a few failures, heartaches, and startups later, through an acquisition I now work for the largest enterprise technology company out there - which you can probably guess the name.

I mention this because all along this journey I have met the most brilliant minds you can imagine, for all different reasons outside of IQ. Yes a lot of Stanford types, yes the pedantic types, but few were Mensa members like I, at least none were wearing their IQ as a badge of honor like I was. And this was very humbling, to learn that brilliance comes in all shapes, forms and dimensions, and that my IQ is meaningless without application. I was the equivalent of the first time DIY'er boasting because I have the most expensive new drill - not realizing that honing my craft is the real goal and that a less expensive drill can do the job better in the right hands.

I now believe that inherently, everybody has a skill that they excel at, and IQ has little utility outside of academic or esoteric pursuits.

edit on 3-3-2016 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
IQ's are like potatoes.
Some are big.
Some are small.

But all are boring if you don't add bacon bits and chives and butter and sour cream.

Now I'm hungry.

Now that is an appropriate use of grey matter. One cannot debate metaphysics without a hearty breakfast.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

My potato IQ just happens to be twice-baked.

And I think there is a bee in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join