It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had to stand up to my boss today (REAL TALK)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Judging from the OP's prior threads regarding his interactions with management, it sounds like someone has a Napoleonic complex.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Uhhh I have been there before in jobs where every single action and second is scrutinised under a effing microscope and im having to explain why I stepped out for a minute or gone to the toilet like im a 12 year old in school.

Luckily I found this nice gig in a warehouse, the manager is great and speaks to me like im a human being and not a robot, as long at all orders are met on time, paper work is completed and the place is kept tidy the boss does not care if I have to step out, take an extra break, make a phone call or go to the toilet.

my supervisor was messing with me like that for a while. then i took it to human resources 3 times. he kept messing with me (i am the youngest in the shop by almost 15 years and i am the only one who gets treated badly) so i threatened to sue for age discrimination. now everything is great, and if he retaliates against me, he looses his job.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
LOL senior management in most places I work at most of them guys or woman dont really know the business that they are managing really well in my line of work.

In sales management I am required to know the business. I manage the larger key accounts and continually coach and mentor my direct reports with their respective accounts.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
As we don't know what other attempts the poster has made in the past in resolving this dominance (?) issue, then it becomes hard to evaluated his actions.

He has been there for a whopping eight days. I would wager that this confrontational demeanor is nothing he picked up on this job.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
By your senior management professional assessment
everyone in my office would be fired tomorrow.

If that is your company culture then that is their issue to deal with.

Glad I don't work you. I think I'd like to keep it that way.

Fine with me, you seem happy working at a company where the starting pay is $8 an hour. Our starting salary for outside sales personnel is $70,000 plus benefits in the northeast where I manage.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: wasaka

In some states, employers can regulate bathroom breaks to four 6 minute bathroom breaks a day IF you are a pay by the hour employee. If one of my employees talked to me that way, they would be gone and denied unemployment for gross hostility in the workplace.

It is a sales job people!

People come and go every day---very high turn over. The people who can
stand up for themselves and remain positive and productive will make it
and those who can't, won't and don't.

I let people know, I'm REAL and if you don't like HONEST, don't talk to me.
I'm okay with not being talked to, I am only there to make money.
I do not care about people liking me or kissing the bosses ass.
And guess what, all he cares about is my next sale.

If you never work in a boiler room I don't expect you to understand.

In business, the term boiler room refers to an outbound call center selling questionable investments by telephone. It typically refers to a room where salesmen work using unfair, dishonest sales tactics, sometimes selling penny stocks, private placements or committing outright stock fraud. The term carries a negative connotation, and is often used to imply high-pressure sales tactics and, sometimes, poor working conditions.

en.wikipedia.org...(business)

I've been dealing with these kind of bogus operation for
some time. In fact, I had to call the cops on my last
employer just to get my last check. That RANT makes
for a interesting read:
Yesterday I had to call the cops on my employeer

edit on 19-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

at least you get base pay if you cant sell. try commission only if you want a real challenge. or, you could get a real job ... you know, the kind when you do something productive maybe?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

By your senior management professional assessment
everyone in my office would be fired tomorrow.

If that is your company culture then that is their issue to deal with.

Glad I don't work you. I think I'd like to keep it that way.

Fine with me, you seem happy working at a company where the starting pay is $8 an hour. Our starting salary for outside sales personnel is $70,000 plus benefits in the northeast where I manage.

You seem a little obtuse.

Who is happy in America getting $8 per hour.

Would you be? No, of course not. So why assume that I would be,
Do you think you are better than I am, do you think because you
earn more, that you can just talk down to people like me?

Cause that is the way you are coming across to me.

I've been struggle to get ANY job I can just to make it into
the new year, when I hope to have something better. But
between now and then, I'm going to be a rug for the boss
to walk on. I am not going to tolerate abuse. End of story.

Here is what happened to me on my last job:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You sound like a real peach of an employee. Calling the cops, threatening to sic your wife on your boss, talking to your boss like you say, etc. If it happens once, shame on the business….but this seems to be a pattern with you. Why not go to school and get some training so you don't have to settle for an $8/hr telemarketing job you obviously despise. As an added bonus, you could learn how to spell "bowel" movement!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK

at least you get base pay if you cant sell. try commission only if you want a real challenge. or, you could get a real job ... you know, the kind when you do something productive maybe?

Do they still have those in Amerika these days?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Like I said towards the end of my post, id like to believe you are a better managing authority. In my line of work, I am a contract rig welder, alot of the times ill get calls in to go to a place and make something or fix something. I usually deal with higher management, owners, and the maintenance or personell that use the system or machines. When I explain right off the get go I charge x amount and I don't know how long it will take until I get to look at the machine, they are ok with that. Its when I get at the machine and tell them 60-65 hours and they need this this and this they get all pissy, the facts are is that they want to treat me like a $10/hr employee even though I'm the outsourced professional. Management thinks that all I have to do is just weld this to this and put it together. Good example I built a large scale robotics system for a pet smart once, management thought it should take me 3 months, all I had to do is weld the stuff, the problem is, in the build out plans and GC plans no one accounted for the fabrication time, management thought that the parts came on a pallet with the material, I explained that the material is what I have to use to make the parts in which to assemble and put together, I told them 5 months using 6 days a week at 10-12 hours a day. They agreed to it. At 3 months to the day they came over and told me they dont require me anymore because their system wasn't together yet etc. And that they are not paying me, shortly afterwards they hired a bunch of (migrant) workers to assemble everything together, it was a catastrophic failure on them, I was soon asked to come back and do everything all over again, I was assured it was a problem in management and oversight as they apparently didn't understand I'm the welder and fabricator they sell dog food. I got paid twice for that job and asked to come back to build a similar system for the same company elsewhere. Sometimes management really sucks.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Managing people requires a whole different skill set
and I'm saying I have what it takes, what I am saying
is this guy does not.

Coming from someone who is in senior management my professional assessment is you are both unqualified to manage others.

"Professionals" aren't so quick to assess.

Oh, you're a professional in assessing people too over the Internet too? I think your head got stuck in the door on the way in mate.

You sound like the boss in the OP.

edit on 19-12-2015 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Now if this guy continues of mess
with me, I will just outshine him and take his job.

Frankly, it sounds like neither one of your are capable of managing others.

This is why I'm a commie.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

i get it, the world is keeping you down. its everyone else fault that you cant keep a job. there is some pretty cool resources for expanding your education for little to no money. all you need to do is put a lot of time in. but, you don't seem like the type of person to do something that doesn't provide instant gratification.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jdb51

You sound like a real peach of an employee. Calling the cops, threatening to sic your wife on your boss, talking to your boss like you say, etc. If it happens once, shame on the business….but this seems to be a pattern with you. Why not go to school and get some training so you don't have to settle for an $8/hr telemarketing job you obviously despise. As an added bonus, you could learn how to spell "bowel" movement!

...that was most foul (or is it fowel)

Are you like a self-righteous judgmental type?
Yes, that much is obvious to all.

I wonder, where is the hate coming from?
And how dare you call me a Peach!

Donald Trump is a salesman, so are some of the
best paid people in Amerika. Right now I am in
school learning the craft of the one call close.

This knowledge will do far more for my bottom-line
in the next few years than taking your advice and going
into debt to some stupid school that would be happy to
take my money but not teach me jack sheet.

Opps spelled that wrong

edit on 19-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Do they still have those in Amerika these days?

lol, yes. personally i chose the manufacturing route to get out of sales. everyone said "manufacturing is dead in america" but, ever since i got into the field.... jobs everywhere. want to know why? no one is getting in the field because they are told "manufacturing is dead"

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Then work somewhere that is more receptive of "your needs".

I didn't say I upheld the 6 minute rule, but plenty employers do.

You may very well have cause to speak to your employer the way you've indicated, but could and should are two different things.

Give respect, get respect.

If he doesn't respect you, quit. If you don't respect him, why work there? Money...? If so, at least respect where that comes from, if not the boss himself.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had a guy that I would catch having frequent conversations all throughout the day with random people. Each five minute conversation could add up to an hour that I just paid him to do nothing.

Add in two 15 minute breaks, which they magically show up early for and have a hard time leaving, 30 minutes for lunch, plus bathroom breaks, the walking, natural inattentiveness and you have yourself a reason to hire and maintain great, hardworking, POLITE, individuals. Its harder than it appears.

Personally, I would still treat another with respect at all possible times, simply out of respect to myself. I know that is hard, but there is a greater reward for those who can remain at peace while "defeating" their opponents. Just remember, often times opponents are generated from those they are opposing.

I don't think this bathroom ordeal was the right opportunity to show your cards. The work that you do might suck if hes focusing on your bathroom schedule. If your work was on-point, I wouldn't give two ships about how many ships you take. Check your overall total performance at work before you capitalize on something so trivial.

edit on 19-12-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

i get it, the world is keeping you down. its everyone else fault that you cant keep a job. there is some pretty cool resources for expanding your education for little to no money. all you need to do is put a lot of time in. but, you don't seem like the type of person to do something that doesn't provide instant gratification.

You throw that at me like it is some uncommon
character flaw (one most people don't have).

Got new for you mate, EVERYONE in the WEST
is driven by instant gratification. That is way
in our sales room there are cash bonuses
paid out daily. It motivates people.

In the past, it was not a motive of mine.
I would often say care about knowledge
more then money... but when you can't
pay the rent and the wife want to leave
you because you are a loser... THEN you
start to care about money.

And you call me low-life out or nothing
but instant gratification?

How dare you.

I am a low-life trying to SURVIVE.

Get it right.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

As the owner, I feel it is my responsibility to know every position in my business and have the ability to sit in that station and perform their daily tasks. The one exception is the CPA we use. No thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join