It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Massive ISIS attack on Turkish military camp in Iraq, 70 soldiers missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: sg1642
How do Isis even have any 120mm artillery pieces left? All that airpower and yet they can still launch an attack like that?

This whole mess is just a bunch of phoney crap.

Your absolutely right. Our Fleet of AC-130's could have cleared ISIS out by now. Obama is a liar. To think I voted for this traitor.

Are you kidding me. Those things are tiny and mobile. You fire and move. You have ground pound those things.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Do you have any vid links to when Turkey first fought ISIS to take over the base originally ? Or a piece of news that reported on it originally ? It must have been some battle eh ?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Here is a footage of Turks & Kurds in Musul base ; destroying DAESH attackers , 7 hours old.

Here is Turkish PM Davutoglu giving a press conference and confirming the attack.

Can i ask you a question?

- Where in Mosul is the first video from?

- Where is this ISIS base located?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: spy66
How convenient this attack was for Turkey. Now they have a argument to push with to keep their military in Iraq, and probably bring in more.

This is to good to be true.

They do not need an excuse so long as the Kurds want them there that is all Turkey needs. Iraq has never had any real control in the region and had no control for a couple of decades. And you can bet, the Turks will be there the day the Kurds declare an independent state something they have defacto had for a decade or more. The Turks will be the what keeps Iraq from getting any idea's about invading a new Kurdsish state. Also ISIS knows the Turks and Kurds are coming for Mosul so anything to slow them down is a good idea.

WHat the Kurds want and what they will get are two different Things.

Offisially Mosul is Iraqi soil. So offisially the Kurds dont get to make the calles.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Breaking: Massive ISIS attack on Turkish military camp in Iraq, 70 soldiers missing

Well awfully thoughtful of ISIS to legitimize Turkey's invasion of Iraq. And everyone says they're such horrible people. *shrugs* maybe just misunderstood?

Just as the U.S. told them to get out of Iraq, how convenient. Everyone will see right through this stunt, especially when the troops are missing and not dead to show the body count. What dirt bags!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

That vid is from the 16th and I assume is related to the OP but my question to you was when Turkey first fought ISIS to get the base there to begin with ? How long has Turkey been in possession of the base ? sorry I thought I was replying to 23432 but its the both of us trying to dig up a answer to a question from 23432 .
edit on 16-12-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

Looks like the US went from Assud must go to Turkey must go ....Things sure can change eh .

Also "

The U.S. is withdrawing a dozen F-15 fighters from the key Turkish air base of Incirlik, less than two months after their arrival.

The fighters — six F-15Cs from the 48th Fighter Wing and six F-15Es from the 48th Fighter Wing — will be returning to Europe. The U.S. will still maintain a dozen A-10 Warthog close-air support fighters at the base, located about 100 miles from the border with Syria.

The six F-15Cs from the 48th Fighter Wing arrived at Incirlik on Nov. 6 to help protect Turkish airspace.
www.airforcetimes.com...

Looking like Turkey is on their own now ....

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

How convenient this attack was for Turkey. Now they have a argument to push with to keep their military in Iraq, and probably bring in more.

They do not need an excuse so long as the Kurds want them there that is all Turkey needs. Iraq has never had any real control in the region and had no control for a couple of decades. And you can bet, the Turks will be there the day the Kurds declare an independent state something they have defacto had for a decade or more. The Turks will be the what keeps Iraq from getting any idea's about invading a new Kurdsish state. Also ISIS knows the Turks and Kurds are coming for Mosul so anything to slow them down is a good idea.

Offisially Mosul is Iraqi soil. So offisially the Kurds dont get to make the calles.

Mosul is in ISIS hands. The Iraqi Shia forces have been unable to take it. Mosul's former security forces (Sunnis) are with the Kurds and the Turks and want to retake the city. The Turks are in Kurdish territory. If the Sunni Iraqis retake Mosul with Kurdish and Turkish support then they are likely to keep it just as Baghdad prefers to let ISIS hold Mosul rather launch a joint attack with the Sunni's. I think it is pretty clear Iraq will not be one nation by the end of this. And everybody in Iraq knows this. The refusal of the Shia in Baghdad to truly incorporate the Kurds or the Sunni's means neither group is going be going back under Baghdad. We are likely to see three states. Or possibly if the Kurds and Sunni's decide they would form a unified territory then two.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

What makes this a bit hard to understand is this " Kurds and Sunni's " Now to me the Kurds are a people while the Sunni's are a branch of Islam . Now if we were to throw "Moslem " in the mix it gets a bit more tricky . What are Kurds ?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: spy66

That vid is from the 16th and I assume is related to the OP but my question to you was when Turkey first fought ISIS to get the base there to begin with ? How long has Turkey been in possession of the base ? sorry I thought I was replying to 23432 but its the both of us trying to dig up a answer to a question from 23432 .

Intitially The Turks had a few soldier in Bashiqa since late 2013. That is about 32 km North east of Mosul. Thats was where the initial base was located where the Turks were allowed to Train Peshmerga forces by local invite by the Kurds. A Group of Turkish soldiers than took over the base from the Kurds ( Iraqi Kurdish forces) in 2014. That was also done without the Iraqi government knowledge through The KRG’s deputy Peshmerga minister, Major General Karaman Kemal Omar and Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) President Massoud Barzani. before he vas voted out.

The Iraqi government starts to see a pattern.....

Than the Kurds went to a Place just outside Nineveh and started to build a base there. This is the base in question which the Iraqi government have a issue With right now. But before the Iraqi government knew what was going on. Turkey brought in an aditional 150 soldiers and 25 to 30 tanks to Bashiqa/Banhzani.

From Bashiqa a hand full og Turkish soldiers travel to Nineveh With 35 to 40 Peshmerga soldiers. Already trained at Bashiqa.

The interesting part is that.......who are really these Peshmerga soldiers? Seams there are at least two different Groups.... Kurdish and Turkis Peshmerga soldiers. Than you have the so called Iraqi Peshmerga soldiers.

"The so called Iraqi Peshmerga soldiers are also trained at two other locations by Norway....Baghad and Basrah" the selctions are done in Kuwait of all Places.

There is also a big difference in how these two different Groups of Peshmerga soldiers are equiped. The Kurdish and Turkish Peshmerga soldiers are eqiped like ordinary rebels. While the once we Train are up to date equiped.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Mosul is in ISIS hands. .

Yeah so the media tells us.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Here is a footage of Turks & Kurds in Musul base ; destroying DAESH attackers , 7 hours old.

Here is Turkish PM Davutoglu giving a press conference and confirming the attack.

Im of the opinion someone else pointed out, the "allies" (not Assad) are struggling to find targets, any massed attack would be quickly attacked and that DIY armoured car looks like it got a pretty bid bomb on it, Paveway 4 or later i recon, plus the lack of snackbars...no allied base is going to be overrun any more by ISIS.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Mosul is in ISIS hands. The Iraqi Shia forces have been unable to take it. Mosul's former security forces (Sunnis) are with the Kurds and the Turks and want to retake the city. The Turks are in Kurdish territory. If the Sunni Iraqis retake Mosul with Kurdish and Turkish support then they are likely to keep it just as Baghdad prefers to let ISIS hold Mosul rather launch a joint attack with the Sunni's. I think it is pretty clear Iraq will not be one nation by the end of this. And everybody in Iraq knows this. The refusal of the Shia in Baghdad to truly incorporate the Kurds or the Sunni's means neither group is going be going back under Baghdad. We are likely to see three states. Or possibly if the Kurds and Sunni's decide they would form a unified territory then two.

Just thinking aloud, if you got a "NATO" state thanks to Turkey and the Kurds we have been helping, in between Syria and Iraq and Saudi and Russia...well you have a stalemate at anyone holding those gas lines to ransom?

I think our immediate aim though is to push up oil prices, MrSpad, any idea if oil prices are influencing current foreign policy decisions?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

What makes this a bit hard to understand is this " Kurds and Sunni's " Now to me the Kurds are a people while the Sunni's are a branch of Islam . Now if we were to throw "Moslem " in the mix it gets a bit more tricky . What are Kurds ?

Well the Kurds are an ethnic group. Unlike the the traditional Arabs of Iraq bet them Shia or Sunni which are two different branched of Islam. Most of the Kurds are Sunni. This of course does not mean they have always gotten along Iraqi Sunnis. They have not but, common threats tend to bring people together. Of course the Kurds are also very tribal and not a unified people. Which is why you see the Turks fighting some Kurds and allied to others Kurds.

The problem with both Iraq and Syria is their are so many sides and so many factions. Depending on the day and the location you find group A fighting beside group B against group C, while in another location A and B are fighting each other, or A and C are fighting B, or ABC are fighting D, or AD are fighting BC.

For example their times Assads forces were bombing ISIS in one location and bombing the FSA in support of ISIS in another location. Frankly it is madness. And as ISIS gets weaker and weaker we will see more more splits.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Just thinking aloud, if you got a "NATO" state thanks to Turkey and the Kurds we have been helping, in between Syria and Iraq and Saudi and Russia...well you have a stalemate at anyone holding those gas lines to ransom?

I think our immediate aim though is to push up oil prices, MrSpad, any idea if oil prices are influencing current foreign policy decisions?

Nothing the US can do is going to effect oil prices. With Iran and Libya oil starting to flow and demand in China reducing along with OPEC. Russia and everybody pumping full on before prices get even lower, oil prices are going to stay low. The US aim right now is to just get through this and hope once ISIS is done that something resembling order can be brought to that region. However with so many people with so many different goals order is not likely anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Dont the US and Saudi Arabia have a political oil deal to weaken Russia?

I am just asking. You seam to be a head of moste of us on this Field.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Dont the US and Saudi Arabia have a political oil deal to weaken Russia?

I am just asking. You seam to be a head of moste of us on this Field.

No, in fact the Saudis and OPEC started this entire pumping to much oil to drop the price so that US companies pumping shale oil (a more expensive process) would go out of business at least temporarily and then prices would rebound for awhile before those new companies would come online with the shale oil. Things did not go as planned, while shale producers were hurt but, not knocked out and other things happened as well. The retreat of ISIS in Iraq meant Iraqi oil in a free flow, Libya started producing more oil than was planned and the big one China's economy slowed and demand dropped.

With things in China not likely to get any better anytime soon and with a new peace deal in Libya meaning that oil will really start to flow and with the Iran deal, Iran's is getting ready to flood the market the price of oil will just get lower. So now everybody is just pumping like crazy hoping it gets so cheap some people will in the short term be forced out of the market.

And while this is hurting Russia very badly, that is a just a side effect of a plan to stop fracking in the US that went of the rails. Which by the way has not worked as the frackers have managed to stay around by cutting costs.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Non-Arab (they have their own language), mostly Sunni's. And the only authentic friend of the USA.

I don't understand the motivation of the apparent alliance between Turkey and Iraqi Kurds----unless it's all about Kurdish oil. Turkey has very high fuel prices and a budget deficit. Kurds with oil are much better allies to have than Daesh with hate.

Maybe they'll come out better on that score than US did on a war for oil----overthrow Saddam, but the Iraqi successor government turns out to act like a Shia-supremacist Iranian stooge and makes all their oil contracts with Chinese companies instead.

I think the underlying conflict is once again Shia vs Sunni. That's driving Ergodan's emnity about Syria (Assad supported by Hezbollah & Iran), and maybe the deal with Iraq & Kurds.

Perhaps agreeing to a Kurdish independent state is a price Turkey is willing to pay now for leverage against Shia Iraq. This policy never was favored before as it would encourage separatism in Turkey. Too bad the Armenians don't have any oil, maybe they would have gotten reconciliation.

edit on 17-12-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And while this is hurting Russia very badly, that is a just a side effect of a plan to stop fracking in the US that went of the rails. Which by the way has not worked as the frackers have managed to stay around by cutting costs.

I think the plan by the Saudis was to hurt Iran and Russia first on account of Syria---the US frackers were convenient collateral damage, but not the primary target.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
our news say : Its a speculation that it may be members of ISIS or an Iraqi - Iranian friendly military group, which they also took the responsibility as well for the attack..

here is what we know :

No one knows who carried out the attack. The original estimate was an attack by ISIS forces (taken from a twitt), but the Iraqi wing of the pro-Iranian Hezbollah organization undertook this responsibility for the attack. On the other ISIS's relations with Turkey are known and are almost impossible Islamist organization to beat the Turkish forces, unless rupture occurred on a purely local level alone.

You can also find these news in english websites : mideast.liveuamap.com...
edit on 17-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Looks like the US went from Assud must go to Turkey must go ....Things sure can change eh .

Just the fact that she said president Biden...I am hard pressed to believe the veracity of that report.

Because it seems VP Biden had urged Turkey to cooperate with Iraq...

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Monday welcomed the reported withdrawal of Turkish troops from a camp in northern Iraq and urged Turkey to continue trying to cooperate with Baghdad, the White House said on Monday.

www.reuters.com...

Seems what he said happened surely isn't what your source is trying to say happened...gotta love RT.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join