It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Massive ISIS attack on Turkish military camp in Iraq, 70 soldiers missing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Not U.S. troops the Kenyan Communist has a policy no boots on the ground.
Shouldn't be a problem for this administration to flip flop it around like " Assad must go but he can stay ...poor kenya boy has no idea what they want him to say next ....what a legacy ...he will be allowed to keep his peace prise I suppose .

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I didn't see Iraq on that list. If that group of countries start overlooking sovereign boundaries in their pursuit of ISIS, there will be some real problems. Good find!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Not U.S. troops the Kenyan Communist has a policy no boots on the ground.
Shouldn't be a problem for this administration to flip flop it around like " Assad must go but he can stay ...poor kenya boy has no idea what they want him to say next ....what a legacy ...he will be allowed to keep his peace prise I suppose .

That whole attack on Assad was a complete debacle, and I no longer have faith in the Nobel Peace Prize Committee. It's like the committee gave him an award for showing up.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

His CO2 buddy Al Gore got one too . I suppose having a PHD would be the preferred document , the Peace Prise had to do .....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

fiction of someone's imaginaton so far .

Yes it is...

Even Russian media reports there were injured Turkish military personnel, and 7 dead Kurds.

Turkish troops injured, 7 Kurds killed in ISIS rocket attack on base in northern Iraq

www.rt.com...

And I guarantee if that were the truth about 70 Turkish soldiers missing Russia would be all over it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That whole attack on Assad was a complete debacle, and I no longer have faith in the Nobel Peace Prize Committee.

I lost that the minute they said Obama won it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

His CO2 buddy Al Gore got one too . I suppose having a PHD would be the preferred document , the Peace Prise had to do .....

It's a sad state of affairs what this world has become. Just pitiful.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

That whole attack on Assad was a complete debacle, and I no longer have faith in the Nobel Peace Prize Committee.

I lost that the minute they said Obama won it.

I hear you. I was taking a nap on the sofa and woke up to breaking news that Obama won and I thought how long have I been asleep.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is kind of funny how we go from a massive ISIS attack on the Turks with 70 missing to 6 or 7 rockets being fired Killing a few Kurds and injuring a few Turks. Of course for the only way ISIS could launch a massive attack anywhere in Iraq at this point would be to do so as a suicide run. Firing a few rockets goes on in Israel all the time despite the dominance of the IDF. The real question is will ISIS try and defend Mosul or up and retreat.

Indeed this sort of is the question for ISIS in Iraq, is trying to hold on worth it or would it be better to pull up and head for Syria and try to hold out in a small area there? And if the rebels in Syria agree to ceasefire with Assad and focus solely on ISIS then what for ISIS. They would be doomed and basically have to dissolve and just launch terror attacks when the could.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
How convenient this attack was for Turkey. Now they have a argument to push with to keep their military in Iraq, and probably bring in more.

This is to good to be true.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Who would have thunk ......

Turkey to set up Qatar military base to face "common enemies" "Reuters

DOHA: Turkey will establish a military base in Qatar as part of a defense agreement aimed at helping them confront "common enemies," Turkey's ambassador to Qatar said Wednesday.

Establishment of the base, part of an agreement signed in 2014 and ratified by Turkey's parliament in June, intensifies the partnership with Qatar at a time of rising instability and a perceived waning of U.S. interest in the region.

The two countries, both economic heavyweights, have provided support for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, backed rebels fighting to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad and raised the alarm about creeping Iranian influence in the region.

Both have condemned Russia's intervention on the side of Assad's forces fighting in Syria. dailystar.com.lb... "The envoy, Ahmet Demirok, told Reuters that 3,000 ground troops would be stationed at the base - Turkey's first overseas military installation in the Middle East " I guess Turkey doesn't count the one they have / had in Iraq ....

" One of the wealthiest countries in the world, Qatar is home to the largest U.S. air base in the Middle East, Al Udeid, where around 10,000 military personnel are stationed " posted Dec. 16, 2015 | 03:53

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
-News Flash-

There were never any soldiers there!

Its just smoke and mirrors so they can argue the point that they need to be there to counter ISIS.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is a footage of Turks & Kurds in Musul base ; destroying DAESH attackers , 7 hours old.

Here is Turkish PM Davutoglu giving a press conference and confirming the attack.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Who would have thunk ......

Turkey to set up Qatar military base to face "common enemies" "Reuters

DOHA: Turkey will establish a military base in Qatar as part of a defense agreement aimed at helping them confront "common enemies," Turkey's ambassador to Qatar said Wednesday.

Establishment of the base, part of an agreement signed in 2014 and ratified by Turkey's parliament in June, intensifies the partnership with Qatar at a time of rising instability and a perceived waning of U.S. interest in the region.

The two countries, both economic heavyweights, have provided support for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, backed rebels fighting to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad and raised the alarm about creeping Iranian influence in the region.

Both have condemned Russia's intervention on the side of Assad's forces fighting in Syria. dailystar.com.lb... "The envoy, Ahmet Demirok, told Reuters that 3,000 ground troops would be stationed at the base - Turkey's first overseas military installation in the Middle East " I guess Turkey doesn't count the one they have / had in Iraq ....

" One of the wealthiest countries in the world, Qatar is home to the largest U.S. air base in the Middle East, Al Udeid, where around 10,000 military personnel are stationed " posted Dec. 16, 2015 | 03:53

Less then 100 years ago Qatar was a province of Ottoman Empire , just like Kuwait , Iraq , Syria , Israel , Egypt , Libya , Tunusia , etc etc .

Qatar needs protection from international pirates and they trust Turks with their defence .

Speaking of Pirates , Somalia will probably the next location for another Turkish Military base .

Who would of thought , you asked .

Those who know history and learn from it I guess .

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
How convenient this attack was for Turkey. Now they have a argument to push with to keep their military in Iraq, and probably bring in more.

This is to good to be true.

They do not need an excuse so long as the Kurds want them there that is all Turkey needs. Iraq has never had any real control in the region and had no control for a couple of decades. And you can bet, the Turks will be there the day the Kurds declare an independent state something they have defacto had for a decade or more. The Turks will be the what keeps Iraq from getting any idea's about invading a new Kurdsish state. Also ISIS knows the Turks and Kurds are coming for Mosul so anything to slow them down is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I have a feeling this 'incident' will be used to bring in more troops.

Once again ISIS proves their affiliage ... if this be true.

An action by ISIS, that not only "justifies" the turks presence, but also "calls for" more troops to be brought in.

Now, why should ISIS step in and help the Turks, just when they're about to "be kicked out". If they were "against" the turks presence, surely they'd have done so in the past year that they've been there.

Oh, and they "kidnapped" the turkish soldiers ... right ... that's ISIS calling card.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
How do Isis even have any 120mm artillery pieces left? All that airpower and yet they can still launch an attack like that?

This whole mess is just a bunch of phoney crap.

Your absolutely right. Our Fleet of AC-130's could have cleared ISIS out by now. Obama is a liar. To think I voted for this traitor.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
70 missing = 70 more burning or beheadings or drowning's on video. Sick.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: sg1642
How do Isis even have any 120mm artillery pieces left? All that airpower and yet they can still launch an attack like that?

This whole mess is just a bunch of phoney crap.

Your absolutely right. Our Fleet of AC-130's could have cleared ISIS out by now. Obama is a liar. To think I voted for this traitor.

to think this traitors on twitter claiming victory for Al Whore.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
70 missing = 70 more burning or beheadings or drowning's on video. Sick.

Turkish Media are reporting 70 dead DAESH/ISIS fighters .

Somehow this news turns into 70 Turkish soldiers kidnapped .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join