It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students get kicked out of class for not praying

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

just where are children being children are being taught to pray on rugs just like they do in Islam and going on trips to mosques znd whatnot. some links backing this up would be nice!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Sympathy pours from me for these kids.
I have, as best as I can tell, always have been an agnostic.
Always.
My parents insisted on an elementary Parochial (Roman Catholic) education for me. It really was like being imprisoned in multiple ways.
After EIGHT YEARS I was damaged goods, to them. Having shrunken my personality, intellect and curiosity to conform (and therefore not be beaten, mocked or punished or ratted out to my sycophantic parents who would beat me, mock me or punish me) to their behavioral norms, I made it through.
I think that I could have been a better person if I had dealt with sane adults as a child. So could these kids.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Only the weak crumble at the time of death.
Why?
We decided that we should be and have long acted as independents. People who are responsible for themselves. We do not need to suckle from the teat of religion to live.
Now I do not want to say that I do not 'fear' (more like really curious but it's not an experiment that can be retraced) death. It's a major demarcation and loaded with genuine mystery. It would be wonderful, to my agnostic self, if a fully fleshed out after-life could be proved.
Hasn't happened.
So, I and my ilk, think that you are scaredy cats. Too weak minded to be free and obligated to a faith that most of you have never examined carefully.
We may not know what is coming but we know that you don't either.
So pray until your knees bleed and your voice gives out, I think I'll have a beer. We'll both feel better. Plus I get a bonus! I will feel better again when I pee. You? You get a chance to wake up sore.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

mmhmm

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
when will the people in America NOT take these religious people so seriously?.....keep your religion in your mind, your home, and your church, and keep it out of the lives of people that do not want to live by, or have laws enacted from, religious teachings.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I've seen reports of it in news. Give me time. I'm on iPhone during break so it's not as easy.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
when will the people in America NOT take these religious people so seriously?.....keep your religion in your mind, your home, and your church, and keep it out of the lives of people that do not want to live by, or have laws enacted from, religious teachings.
Jimmy when sharia law comes to your town let's see you not take it seriously.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This was just in April www.dailymail.co.uk...
Here's a story from Seminole fla where they not only had to kneel but also recite a prayer to Allah. Would be so nice if progressives just admit their hypocrisy. downtrend.com...
edit on 13-10-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Here's a story from Seminole fla where they not only had to kneel but also recite a prayer to Allah. Would be so nice if progressives just admit their hypocrisy. downtrend.com...

Are you in England? I thought we were talking about schools in the US.

Ahh, Seminole FL. Yes, read several articles about that. History class. It is legal to teach history related to religion in history class.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Some debate about what actually happened but, yeah, if students were being made to kneel and recite a a prayer to anyone or anything that's completely wrong as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
Then he/she says, by the way, I'm wiccan, and I need (insert day here) off for ritual...
What then?

Well, if you tell me you're a wiccan, I'll just say, go cast a spell and get an even better job. Why come here, to earn this meager salary?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Wasn't that the whole idea?

I mean, the kids whose parents didn't want them exposed to religion in class, were simply separated from the kids whose parents wanted religion, so that each parent could have their individual wishes respected. What on earth is wrong with that?

The title of the thread is catching "kicked out".

No they weren't kicked out. They were simply separated for a few minutes, so they wouldn't be forced to participate in unwanted prayer.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Some debate about what actually happened but, yeah, if students were being made to kneel and recite a a prayer to anyone or anything that's completely wrong as well.

A lot of discrepancy on this particular case in Florida.

What does the law actually allow? That's my focus.

It was a history class. It is legal to teach history related to religion. But, did they cross that line? I don't know.

Back to law.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
your link is about a school in great britian...
but well, I looked into it somewhat and found this:

www.wftv.com...

but in the full interview with the school district's spokeman, whoever he is claims that the allegations that they had to pray or recite islamic verses in the classroom was not true...
www.wftv.com...

and, here is the report on the investigation that the school district had done.

www.documentcloud.org...

so well, all I will say is that in this particular case, although it appears that nothing wrong was done, I guess there is a possibility that there's a massive cover up going on. if so, then well it would be just as wrong punishing kindergartners and first graders for refusing to pray to the christian god... not more wrong, no less wrong....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
People don't believe me when I tell them how Christians are in the south (Georgia).

In fact, I have basically been called a liar for discussing the rabid Christian attitudes toward the holiday fast approaching this month.

I'm not surprised at all here.

I hope they sue the pants off 'em.

Personally never saw it. Heard about it in smaller towns but never saw it in downtown, Duluth, Marietta, and so on.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

People don't believe me when I tell them how Christians are in the south (Georgia).

In fact, I have basically been called a liar for discussing the rabid Christian attitudes toward the holiday fast approaching this month.

Personally never saw it. Heard about it in smaller towns but never saw it in downtown, Duluth, Marietta, and so on.

Well, then we have different experiences. How long were you in Georgia?

Ever heard of Villa Rica? The football coach was helping baptize players on the football field just recently.

I could provide link after link of evidence. I can give my own testimony living here for 49 years.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Well, then we have different experiences. How long were you in Georgia?

Ever heard of Villa Rica? The football coach was helping baptize players on the football field just recently.

I could provide link after link of evidence. I can give my own testimony living here for 49 years.

/shrug

Was there for 7 years. Not saying that's not your experience. Saying I never had any issues in the places I lived and worked. As far as sports it's a little different because many talented players believe that the only thing to explain their atheletic gifts are a higher power. Not saying it should be forced but whatever they feel can help them perform.

I have also been standard in that religion nor the stupid social crap have any place in public schools until we get results. Don't care about your religion or your views on social justice. Do you have a basic educational foundation. Too many times the answer is no. Again I was relating my experience in hotlanta , a town, whatever. Not saying yours is a lie or inaccurate.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Did he use Gatorade? Cause then it is okay.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Did he use Gatorade? Cause then it is okay.

LOL ... I understood it was "warsh-tubs."

Baptist minister was present ... the coach didn't do the actual baptisms.

Link with video from 11 Alive - WXIA in Atlanta

I think they use Gatorade to irrigate the fields out there ...
edit on 14Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:44:02 -050015p0220151066 by Gryphon66 because: Linky

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
religion has NO place in education. it is all fiction.

It is actually considered History, and is a required part of History classes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join