It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students get kicked out of class for not praying

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: Annee

I'm using symbolism. Symbolism is something that takes an unbiased contemplation to understand.

Symbolism just means using something to recognize an idea/belief etc. Gang colors are symbolism.

One of the best roads to atheism is via religion.

I was raised in faith.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm using symbolism. Symbolism is something that takes an unbiased contemplation to understand.

Symbolism just means using something to recognize an idea/belief etc. Gang colors are symbolism.

I was raised in faith.

But you didn't understand when I first replied, so I added a more clear explanation. Another thing symbolism was used for in the bible was so people would be forced to either ponder the meaning, or reject it quickly because of having to put any effort into it's meaning.
The best road that escapes atheism is discovering atheism is a deception. God is always hoping and waiting for those deceived to learn the truth, but if you embrace the deception with open arms, then that is an outright rejection that there is a better way. Not being able to see that is because the deception makes people more fearful of the cost of following the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

"Something quite alien to your own philosophy I'm sure."

Nope, didn't judge me at all.
Another hallmark of your faith.
Hypocrisy.
And I just finished telling you my conscience is free.
What would have to feel guilty about?
I'm not the one pushing my beliefs.
In fact I haven't even stated what those are, besides not yours.
So yeah, keep going.
Your ignorance has gone from irritating to entertaining.
edit on 17-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Why would one want to escape intellectual freedom?
You keep trying to sell your beliefs like its some great thing.
It's not.
Being a slave to a supposedly all powerful being that demands love and obedience?
No thanks
If your so damn powerful, make me.
There is zero truth in your words.
All I hear is superstious gobbledy gook.
There are literally hundreds of gods that came before yours, worshipped for far longer, and were replaced.
Yours will be too.
This time it will be by reason and knowledge.
Something I believe your God never wanted us to have.
Doesn't sound like he cares too much for us at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
And I just finished telling you my conscience is free.

What would I have to feel guilty about?

Me too.

I never did understand that guilt thing.

And I definitely don't think it belongs in school.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I was raised in faith.

The best road that escapes atheism is discovering atheism is a deception. God is always hoping and waiting for those deceived to learn the truth, but if you embrace the deception with open arms, then that is an outright rejection that there is a better way. Not being able to see that is because the deception makes people more fearful of the cost of following the truth.

You can believe whatever you want, you have that right.

Better way? Yes! I found it in atheism. Spiritual atheism to be exact.

And since I have experienced both and you have not ---- you have no comparison.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

That's the thing, they always want you to feel guilty.
I don't feel guilty about anything I've done.
If I wrong someone, I cowboy up and apologize.
Everything else, I was a kid, so I don't care, cause I was a KID.
Everything else I'm supposed to be guilty about, I'm not, because I think it's incredibly stupid to be guilty for thinking about sex, drinking, being lazy sometimes, thinking about sex, occasionally telling my parents to get bent, thinking about sex....you know, being human.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I agree with this, even though I don't consider myself an athiest.
This better way crap just pisses me off.
It's not a better way, its just another way.
But that's just a Christian not forcing it on you, cause they never do that...noooo.
Pffft.
Liar.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I was raised in faith.

And how would you know?
I haven't always known God was real. There was a time I didn't know. I never embraced a "disbelief" in God though.

Saying I have to believe in nothing in order to know what it is like is ludicrous though.

And I don't believe you when you say you used to believe in God. That is a lie. You obviously never did truly believe.
If you had the slightest doubt that God was real, then you never believed in God. Now I have experienced this before.
I used to have doubts, and this means I didn't truly believe in God at one point.
I have no doubt whatsoever that he exists now. And to be absolutely honest, I know for a fact that he is indeed real.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Prove it.
Prove he's real.
And if you give me some mumbo jumbo about faith, I'll laugh at you...
I'm getting my "h" finger and "a" finger ready...
And by prove it, give me an example of something I can do to test it.
You know, a repeatable experiment I can use to verify your data....

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

That's the thing, they always want you to feel guilty.
I don't feel guilty about anything I've done.
If I wrong someone, I cowboy up and apologize.
Everything else, I was a kid, so I don't care, cause I was a KID.
Everything else I'm supposed to be guilty about, I'm not, because I think it's incredibly stupid to be guilty for thinking about sex, drinking, being lazy sometimes, thinking about sex, occasionally telling my parents to get bent, thinking about sex....you know, being human.

I never said I wanted her to feel guilty, I can see the guilt in her words to me. And I can also see that same kind of guilt in you. If this pisses people off, then that just means it is true.
A better way just means following a path of salvation. If you think you can get there with no help from God, then more power to you.
Following a path that rejects everything, or the need for salvation is your own choice. I know there is a better way, and I never even suggested you must follow that path. I only said there is a better way. I understand how that can make someone mad when they think their own way is the only way, and the only good way. I didn't say you had to choose it.

Your views illustrate how those who reject anything outside the realm of what they have chosen for them self is only something to be hated and despised, and that is how a selfish minds think.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Prove it.
Prove he's real.
And if you give me some mumbo jumbo about faith, I'll laugh at you...
I'm getting my "h" finger and "a" finger ready...
And by prove it, give me an example of something I can do to test it.
You know, a repeatable experiment I can use to verify your data....

I don't have to prove anything to you. Why should I? Your choices are yours to make.Your value system is based on selfishness, extreme self pride, a lack of compassion and a lack of forgiveness. Add in contempt for others, and some self hatred while you're at it.
When you can come to me without clinging to all that baggage, then, and only then will I prove it to you.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The kid should have prayed...for an end to the ridiculous, backward, superstitious rubbish he's being forced to participate in?

Or better still, started praying, quite loudly, to Beelzebub...that would have raised a few eyebrows i expect!

Religious freedom my arse.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

Look, I'm sure your a great guy/gal, but your insistance on your beliefs as being superior to, well everyone who doesn't believe what you do, is not going to win anyone over...pass that on to the rest of the flock on here.
Preaching on here is preaching to the choir, and those of us who don't believe will not only continue to not believe, but will also eventually aim hostility at you.
I'm sure some of the "flock" on here are doing just that in an attempt to get some kicked off of here, but you can't win.
The motto of this site is deny ignorance.
If you're a real believer in truth, then you know one finds their way on their own.
Not by being forced fed someone else's version of it.
Ponder that, on the tree of woe.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You know what?
I take that last post back.
Well not all of it...the part about you being probably being a good person...
Your are the pinnacle of self riteous ignorant (censored myself, because you're not worth it).
You can read the guilt in my words?
And hers?
Because we reject your primitive belief systems?
Remember that earlier statement about not judging people?
Yet you are calling my belief system a bunch of stuff that you are basing on what, seeing as how I have yet to even state what my beliefs are?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

At the risk of being faecitious(sp), AMEN, BROTHER.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I was raised in faith.

And how would you know?
I haven't always known God was real. There was a time I didn't know. I never embraced a "disbelief" in God though.

Saying I have to believe in nothing in order to know what it is like is ludicrous though.

Lack of belief in a God.

(Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.)

Where did I say I believe in nothing?

And I don't believe you when you say you used to believe in God. That is a lie. You obviously never did truly believe.

Not relevent.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You prove my point. If you didn't feel so guilty, you wouldn't be so angry. You convict yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Madness. But typical.

Im just glad I don't live in the US. Noone does crazy Christianity quite like America.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You prove my point. If you didn't feel so guilty, you wouldn't be so angry. You convict yourself.

I love it when "people" try to pull emotions from the Internet.

Those are your own emotions you are trying to interject into someone else's written words.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join