It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim population of America is expanding at warp speed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: StoutBroux

Hinduism and Budhism don't believe in killing non believers do they?

Do Muslims?

You might say yes some do, and I could agree with with some, however so do some Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Jews, you name it, its people that find that belief no matter what faith they follow.

Its not a belief exclusive to Muslims but to humans of any faith, even Non believer in anything might believe in killing believers of a certain religion.

Actually, no we don't. This is what the Qur'an actually tells us about how to deal with disbelievers.

Surah 109, Al-Kafirun (the Disbelievers):

1 Say: O disbelievers!
2 I worship not that which ye worship;
3 Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4 And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6 Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

www.sacred-texts.com...

That's the entire Surah. To put it in even more context, we believe the Qur'an is the literal Word of God. And instead of chapters, the Qur'an is divided into separate revelations from God (called Surahs/Suras). In other words, we believe God made this specific revelation to us strictly to order us to tell disbelievers "unto you your beliefs and unto me mine".

Usually, non-Muslims quotes parts of the Qur'an which deal in warfare. We firmly believe in self defense & the right to protect ourselves, families, and places of worship. But non-Muslims take those passages out of context, selectively choosing which lines to use (and which to ignore). That gives the impression we're preaching something that we aren't.
edit on 5-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: durr

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I guess I just hate change and I sure don't want it forced on me.

Funny you say this.

I could hear the same words coming from a person in the Middle East.

Not just there but anywhere really,

I mean yes your thread is pointing to Islams but every thing negative you are bringing up is a human issue not one of religion.

Those that want to make it such are the ones I mentioned before, the ones filled with hate and need differences like faith to use as tool to spread their hate.

People of all walks of life and faith are guilty of this, don't be one those people.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

“Immigrants devoted to their own cultures and religions are not influenced by the secular politically correct façade that dominates academia, news-media, entertainment, education, religious and political thinking today,” said James Walsh, former Associate General Counsel of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. “They claim the right not to assimilate, and the day is coming when the question will be how can the United States regulate the defiantly unassimilated cultures, religions and mores of foreign lands? Such immigrants say their traditions trump the U.S. legal system. Balkanization of the United States has begun.”

Walsh made that statement 20 years ago. He saw it coming. No one responded. Only 100,000 Muslims inhabited America in 1990. Today, over 7,000,000 (million) Muslims in America continue their onslaught to change our country into their country.

Last year, a 22 year old American college student walking in the Muslim “no go” zone of London suffered a beating by a “Sharia compliant goon squad” so horrible that he required reconstruction of his face. His crime: carrying a bottle of beer.

Sharia compliant squads grow in America:

Detroit, Michigan houses over 400,000 Muslims in 2014. During the public comment time at the Dearborn, Michigan city council meeting this month, a Muslim stood to demand that the city institute Sharia patrols to keep young people out of parks and to prevent the sale of “offensive” magazines in stores.

Mr. Hassan took his place in line during the public comments and chanted Islamic prayers. He demanded that the city begin patrols of the parks because people used them for “sexual activities.” (Example: kissing)

As reported, “Hassan also stated that there were magazines and newspapers at the public libraries and civic center that can cause colossal damage to a child’s health, asking the city to review and monitor literature before they are distributed.”

www.militianews.com...

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law

In a surprise weekend vote, the city council of Dearborn, Michigan voted 4-3 to became the first US city to officially implement all aspects of Sharia Law. The tough new law, slated to go into effect January 1st, addresses secular law including crime, politics and economics as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, fasting, prayer, diet and hygiene.

The new law could see citizens stoned for adultery or having a limb amputated for theft. Lesser offenses, such as drinking alcohol or abortion, could result in flogging and/or caning. In addition, the law imposes harsh laws with regards to women and allows for child marriage.

*****SNIP******

The dangers of Sharia Law in America were first outlined in a 2010 study produced by the Center for Security Policy (CSP) titled “Sharia: The Threat to America“, a 352-page book based on authoritative sources of Islamic law. While sharia includes strict rules for prayer and fasting, it is also an all-encompassing legal and political code that covers all aspects of life including those that have nothing to do with religion. - See more at: http://_national_report_dot_net_/city-michigan-first-fully-implement-sharia-law/#sthash.wuOyPt6R.dpuf

edit on 5-10-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Pakistan has transgender/gay communities that go door to door in some areas dancing for money...

They're pretty much left alone.

Just so you know Grandma...

Your point about Saudi Arabia is valid but communist China, and capitalist Nike & Apple also have slave workers...

And we shouldn't be using Saudi as a beacon of Islamic freedom, that would be places like Turkey (my Catholic mum was there two weeks ago no hijab or any of that palava) and they treated her perfect so she reckons...

Also places like Malaysia are pretty Islamic...

But I guess theocratically not, Jordan is pretty westernised, Afghanistan is known to hang rapists and child abusers, that's how the recently deceased Mullah Omar controlled the Taliban by targeting oppressive rapists, became well loved across the region and only set up arms against the U.S. ten days after the initial invasion due to his 10 yr old son being killed by an airstrike... Until then the Taliban were not fighting.

Sorry for the diatribe.

Turkey and Malaysia are not theocracies nor do they claim to be.
Turkey and Malaysia have basically the same form of government as the UK.

Saudi does claim to be run by the precepts of Islam, even though they have
a monarchy.
Jordan: www.nytimes.com...
You are correct that homosexuality is not illegal in Jordan but the press frequently calls them deviants and evicting them for being homosexual is not illegal
www.al-monitor.com...

Have you missed where I said the really
good, the really holy Muslims
find what the extremists who tend to
rule them with an iron fist to be
inhuman and not doing the will of Allah.

I know that good and holy Muslims do
not agree with the persecution of homosexuals,
the subjugation of women,
think pedophilia is terrible,
but the extremists have them too frightened
to speak up for fear of what will happen to them.

But as long as the extremists rule over the
good and holy, and are allowed to dictate
to the good and holy, it is understandable
that people are afraid of the extremists
and can't tell the good from the bad,
and so the palpable fear is somewhat
justified as long as the extremists are not
challenged by the good and holy and
are allowed to flourish and grow, much
to the consternation of the good and holy
who are as afraid of them as the rest of us are.

edit on 10Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:58:59 -0500am100510amk051 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Truth in that....yet, in all those previous immigrant ethnicities, when have any of them demanded their religious laws should trump ours? How many of them demanded their culture trumping ours?

Yes, not all by a long shot. Perhaps the pervasive media coverage these days points out the extremists views out of proportion.

Apparently, the 'extremists' don't care about the perception it invokes one whit. That aspect makes takes this to a new level.

Add in what is also occurring in Europe which has enjoyed the 'benefits' of these new immigrants for a longer period and the reaction on these threads in not far outside being reasonable....

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

They can 'demand' anything they want.

Last time I looked we had some thingy called the Constitution and a pile of codified laws that say otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: grandmakdw

But hey, since I'm a nice guy here's a link.

Iran in the 1970s before the Islamic Revolution

Before the revolution, Iran was a monarchy and was not theocratic.

The new Iran is operating under theocracy basically.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Actually, no we don't. This is what the Qur'an actually tells us about how to deal with disbelievers.

I know what the Qur'an teaches and I find the beauty in it like I do all other religious texts.

It just makes me sad that other can interpret or cherry pick passages to create fear which is used to gather strength for the hate that so many suffer from in this world.

I don't follow or am a part of any religious belief, when I was younger I was baptized, however I found God in my own way through the teachings of all religions that I have come across and through the people that believe in their faith and through personal experience.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No I saw it Grandma I was just responding to your specific questions.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmm, my trust level of that document and our laws being applied are less than enthusiastic these days....LMAO

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Whats next, Shia's hiding the closet with the monsters?

Well, someone has to get in there now that the homosexuals are out and giving everyone the gay.

I was waiting for an out of the closet reply from someone,

I just fell of my chair, thnaks

cant spell, I am laughing so hard

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But hey, since I'm a nice guy here's a link.

Iran in the 1970s before the Islamic Revolution

Before the revolution, Iran was a monarchy and was not theocratic.

The new Iran is operating under theocracy basically.

Naturally, I knew you weren't going to admit you were wrong. Gotta move them goal posts.

Question. What does the country being a theocracy have to do with anything? Didn't I just prove that there can be a Muslim dominated country that ISN'T ran by militants?
edit on 5-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know what the Qur'an teaches and I find the beauty in it like I do all other religious texts.

It just makes me sad that other can interpret or cherry pick passages to create fear which is used to gather strength for the hate that so many suffer from in this world.

I don't follow or am a part of any religious belief, when I was younger I was baptized, however I found God in my own way through the teachings of all religions that I have come across and through the people that believe in their faith and through personal experience.

No problems.

I was just clarifying our position on disbelievers. I try to write most of my posts in a way so readers & lurkers can learn an issue without having to post here, if that makes sense.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the negative people. There will always be some people who take something out of context in order to fear monger. Fear sells, especially in America. Remember the panic over Y2K, Ebola, and the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse Rapture? Some people can't function without some new bogeyman to whine about.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Add in what is also occurring in Europe which has enjoyed the 'benefits' of these new immigrants for a longer period and the reaction on these threads in not far outside being reasonable....

As a European can I kindly ask you to explain what the Dickens you think you're on about here? Are you trying to insinuate all Europeans are knuckle-dragging Islamaphobes or that we should hate all Muslims because of a couple of nutters?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The boogie man converted...

He is now a cleric.

was already having trouble breathing when I read Augustus's reply above yours,

Then scrolled down to see yours,

Man, my guts are getting a great work out.

Thanks guys,

I am glad that we can find humor among-st the negativity.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Hmmm, my trust level of that document and our laws being applied are less than enthusiastic these days....LMAO

Why? The Constitution has not had its core tenets changed.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I am glad that we can find humor among-st the negativity.

I think satire is a better weapon against ignorance than anger.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I don't see a whole lot of conversation on this topic because of it's sensitive nature. But I feel it must be stated.....just for the record.

The reason why there isn't much conversation on this subject is because is nothing more than Islamophobia meant to put fear in the simple minded. So just because one religion reaches 3% they are going to take over the nation? Christians are the majority here and this nation isn't a Christian theocracy so how stupid does a person have be to think 3% will do what 78% hasn't been able to do.

WRONG:

Christianity 2.2 billion[3] 31.50%
Islam 1.6 billion[4] 22.32%

However, according to others, including the 2003 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year

The thread is about America not the world so the numbers you posted are meaningless. Now try to stick to the topic of the Islamophobic thread you started.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

I'm not sure I can even see the Muslim population reaching 10%.
Even at the larger number of 7 million from the article, that's still under 3%.

Considering the amount of people who put 'Jedi' as their religion on the census form, I'm more worried about the Jedi.

Soon enough they'll be using mind tricks on border officials,smuggling in spices from Kessel, and before you know it they'll be selling death sticks on street corners and running illegal pod races.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I was just clarifying our position on disbelievers. I try to write most of my posts in a way so readers & lurkers can learn an issue without having to post here, if that makes sense.

Much respect and makes perfect sense.

To make ones position clear is a good path,

It minimizes the chances of misinterpretation, but like you said there will always be some out there that need to misinterpret things to further their own cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join