It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim population of America is expanding at warp speed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: grandmakdw
There are many good and holy Muslims,
but the militant ones overcome historically in every instance so far as history has shown.

I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is going to be no, but I'll ask anyways. You have a source for this claim?

The OP outlined this quite clearly. Go to the OP for sources first.

Ok, show me one Muslim theocracy that doesn't
subjugate women in one form or another
be it not allowing them to drive or forcing them to wear hajibs
or forcing them into unwanted "marriages" or allowing them
to be forced into "marriage" as young girls or young teens,
or have honor killings:
or allow slavery (not all do but many do):
or kill people for adultery (not all but many do);
outlaw being a homosexual subject to severe penalties, even death;
show me one Muslim theocracy with a thriving and openly gay community
like we have in the US.
Then I will say you are right and I am wrong.

edit on 9Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:09:36 -0500am100510amk051 by grandmakdw because: addition deletion

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While I have a basic problem blaming a whole religious community for the acts of a few, I have a hard time separating them in a fair and balanced fashion.

The best I can come up with is the 'plague ship' analogy.

Perhaps only a small percentile have the plague on an arriving 'vessel', they all are refused de-boarding until that 'plague' is arrested.

That is how I can justify shutting the doors on Islamists/Muslims. Fair? Perhaps not. A survival point, however...
edit on 5-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

We are not heading for a Muslim world we are heading for civil war...this is an unfortunate side effect of democracy in America...

This country has changed so much as to not offend anyone that we are now in a position to effectively do nothing...we have all these different roads intersecting and there is nothing we can do but watch the collisions take place...we have racial issues continuously on the burner..LGBQTI, the abortion and anti abortion group, Feminism, radical muslims, radical Christian, radical atheists, .9999%, Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, KKK, Arian Nation and we all just assume that we can remain together peacefully when everyone has their agenda to push? Groups always start out just saying that they want to be respected and part of the conversation when eventually they get enough momentum and see everybody else's view as the minority and what's wrong.

Our government does nothing but perpetuate catering to the biggest majority for the vote and that has essentially really thrown a wrench in the gears.

I'm not worried about radical muslims or any other group mentioned I'm worried about how this country ignores the rights and protections of those who do the right thing...(not a rant)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Whelp, I guess I was right. No sources for your claim.

HA! That'll be the day. I can't remember EVER seeing you conceding a point to me. You always turn around and distort what I say or distort your own argument so you don't have to do it. Heck, you did it with your response to me. I asked you a simple question about if you have a source to back up your claim and you give me the runaround instead. So even if I DID provide answers to those questions that made you wrong, I doubt that you would be honest with what you said about saying you are wrong.
edit on 5-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheShadows

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Like it or not, we are headed for a WHITE MAN world.

Said the Red Man through smoke signals 300 years ago.

You forgot the part where the Spanish showed up hundreds of years previous and basically taught every tribe to speak Spanish, but yeah.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: InTheShadows

Like it or not, we are headed for a WHITE MAN world.

Said the Red Man through smoke signals 300 years ago.

You forgot the part where the Spanish showed up hundreds of years previous and basically taught every tribe to speak Spanish, but yeah.

Or the part where 90% of the indigenous population in America was wiped out by disease over the 200+ years between Columbus landing in the Americas and the British starting to colonize N. America.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Shouldve got vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes, it is in UK and Europe, too. Not in Israel and the middle east anymore though, lol. Israel through various nefarious means have crated so much # there that they have all either died or run away.

Well we can look forward to lots of limb amputations, heads rockin' and rollin' and women being stoned at a mall near you. Ohhh, don't forget the in fighting and civil disturbance, too. They like that. Got to have the constant killing each other. The future is so bright I think an atom bomb just went off.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Shouldve got vaccinated.

Why? The chemtrails would have gotten them eventually.

Or is it the fluoride???

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Shouldve got vaccinated.

Why? The chemtrails would have gotten them eventually.

Or is it the fluoride???

I blame firewater pushers.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

HA! That'll be the day. I can't remember EVER seeing you conceding a point to me. You always turn around and distort what I say or distort your own argument so you don't have to do it. Heck, you did it with your response to me. I asked you a simple question about if you have a source to back up your claim and you give me the runaround instead. So even if I DID provide answers to those questions that made you wrong, I doubt that you would be honest with what you said about saying you are wrong.

Where are the sources for your claim?

Go back and answer my challenge before you make fun of me.

Try and find an example of a Muslim theocracy
that has a thriving and open gay community:
where women have full and equal rights and
can wear whatever they choose and go where ever they want:
where honor killings are punished severely;
where women are free to choose who they marry;
where having sex with children is punished openly;
find me one Muslim theocracy will all of these attributes
and I will recant.

Then you have the right to make fun of me, until then,
your little retort applies to you as well as to me.

You can make fun of me for not giving you sources,
but only after you supply your own, then you can
make fun of me all you want.

People normally only attack others for faults
that are within themselves.
I have lots of faults.
And I'll admit I an wrong in all CAPS if you
meet my challenge.

Find me one Muslim theocracy that meets the
criteria above and I will recant.

I expect you to reply with insults, that is
your normal mode of operation, instead
of doing what you demand I do.
Hmmmmm

In your reply don't forget that I said
the good and truly holy Muslims
exist but are frightened into submission by the militants.

I also said Christian militants exist and that
Christian militants and Muslim extremists
are both evil and wrong.
Before you twist that one too just because
you feel compelled to disagree with my every word.

edit on 9Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:45:07 -0500am100510amk051 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I thought we were supposed to be scared about the Africans doubling, then the Chinese taking over, but now I'm being told to fear Muslims.

That's too much fear for me, might be best marrying one of the three and adopting the remaining two. Get happy and chill out, all this fear does is keep us down. No thanks.
edit on 5-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think that anyone can pick any group of immigrants coming to the United States and come up with a somewhat valid list of concerns. Since this thread was specifically about Muslims, I'll stick with that.

I'd say more importantly that the raw numbers, is what "they" do when they get here. I'm not talking about the "right off the boat" immigrants. I'm talking about their kids and future generations. Will they stick to their old world mentality? Will they push for Sharia law in time, when their numbers are great enough? Or, will the future generations see the value in co-existing with those around them that are from different backgrounds?

In other posts I've discussed the Muslim population in my town and the great lengths they seem to go to insulate themselves from everyone else. On the flip side, and I know this is one observation I have and isn't a study, I see some of the kids (my neighbor's kids in particular) and my sense is that they can't wait to see what else is out there. Whether it is join a soccer league or go play in the park or attend school with other kids. I could be wrong, but I am hopeful that as generations go by, many will keep their faith but will become more tolerant and even inquisitive about other religions (or those that don't subscribe to any faith at all). Then again, I've been wrong before.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Cool. I look forward to having more Americans that truly appreciate and understand what freedom is.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

I thought we were supposed to be scared about the Africans doubling, then the Chinese taking over, but now I'm being told to fear Muslims.

And before that is was the Irish and their evil, potato-eating ways.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I don't see a whole lot of conversation on this topic because of it's sensitive nature. But I feel it must be stated.....just for the record.

The reason why there isn't much conversation on this subject is because is nothing more than Islamophobia meant to put fear in the simple minded. So just because one religion reaches 3% they are going to take over the nation? Christians are the majority here and this nation isn't a Christian theocracy so how stupid does a person have be to think 3% will do what 78% hasn't been able to do.

WRONG:

Christianity 2.2 billion[3] 31.50%
Islam 1.6 billion[4] 22.32%

However, according to others, including the 2003 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Which claim would that be?

Why should I do that when you didn't answer the ONE question I asked you in this thread? A question which I asked BEFORE you came back with this red herring about Muslim Theocracies.

Hmmm... I supplied sources for the claims I have made in this thread. Though if there is one that I have forgotten and you'd like a source for, you are free to actually point it out instead of being vague and accusing me of not sourcing any of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Muslims are not the wimps, lay down and let you trample us that Christians are in the US.

but the militant ones overcome historically in every instance so far as history has shown.

That IS THE PROBLEM. Do you see it changing in the future? Or does history repeat itself?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why should I do that when you didn't answer the ONE question I asked you in this thread? A question which I asked BEFORE you came back with this red herring about Muslim Theocracies.

Hmmm... I supplied sources for the claims I have made in this thread. Though if there is one that I have forgotten and you'd like a source for, you are free to actually point it out instead of being vague and accusing me of not sourcing any of them.

Did you read the rest of my post?

Meet the challenge and I will publicly recant
and apologize to you.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Did you read the rest of my post?

Meet the challenge and I will publicly recant
and apologize to you.

Ahh I see, you are just saying whatever you want and seeing what will stick. You didn't actually have a claim in mind when you accused me of not sourcing one.

PS: I could care less about an apology from you, because I know that no matter what I say or do, you won't provide one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join