It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence is strange.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
originally posted by: Astrocyte RE REPLY

vhb:
Usually the soul/spirit enters at birth (cry of despair) "what have I done"

Astrocyte: Ok... I don't know if this is theology or mysticism, but you don't have any actual evidence beyond a) having been told this b) having read this. Do you not think it is more plausible that you believe this and wish to share this knowledge because
You want to feel Good?

No. It is neither theology or mysticism. I have no evidence as have not been told this or read this. This has no thing involving what you interpret as a belief system.

Astrocyte: This is how life works ^^ This "knowledge" you wish to share, although coherent-sounding and meaningful to you, seems to me to be a fantasy, something you unconsciously "need" to control how you feel.

No, this is how you operate or maneuver your own understanding of this physical experience (uniquely personalized to your soul growth).

Astrocyte: But - however - you should also ruminate on this fact: most people do not understand this way of thinking because it lacks an important level of psychological awareness: of how human beings - as well as other animals - act, ultimately, to defend themselves. This sensibility enables us to think logically and also consider the plausibility of something: whats plausible, should, in reality, be probable, that is, should be considered common occurring enough or within the limitations of space and time to stand-out as 'expectable', and therefore a reasonable place to begin.

You should give more credit to the brilliance of the human being; in its ability to understand very complex concepts and if caught flat footed will adapt.

edit on 5-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Seriously ? spewing a couple of bible verses justifies your belief. These type of things make me realize just how pointless it is to argue about ethereal things. How can different people with different views ever come to terms with each others beliefs?. It seems the ones with the most blind faith are the ones that lack the ability to reason in any way shape or form without using bible verses as ammo. Two thousand year old reinterpreted scriptures written by men with no scientific knowledge hallucinating constantly, with visions that came from a specific area on the globe for a specific race of people used as credible evidence to the all encompassing questions of why we are here.

I for one can respect a person who believes in something greater than themselves but when it starts to eat away at the rational mind and sweeps so many contradictions under the carpet as ''Gods will'' then it becomes mildly annoying. If there is a creator I think it is much more than gendered deity that constantly craves attention from a race of creatures situated in a random blue spec in a sea of stars within an ocean of galaxies randomly scattered in an observable universe so great that the collective human consciousness cannot comprehend its enormity. I implore you to open your mind and try not to limit the premise of a creator with a one old book.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeThinkerbychoice

Seriously ? spewing a couple of bible verses justifies your belief. These type of things make me realize just how pointless it is to argue about ethereal things.

Ditto

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: FreeThinkerbychoice

FreeTBC: Seriously ? spewing a couple of bible verses justifies your belief. These type of things make me realize just how pointless it is to argue about ethereal things. How can different people with different views ever come to terms with each others beliefs?.

You are not supposed to; this entirely made up system of worship is designed for breeding potential conflict between competing dogmatic idea forms.

FreeTBC:It seems the ones with the most blind faith are the ones that lack the ability to reason in any way shape or form without using bible verses as ammo. .

Those that have blind faith are the most coddled and sought after as they believe in a lie so grand and will fiercely defend to annihilating each other over those differing concepts of God or what God is.

FreeTBC: I for one can respect a person who believes in something greater than themselves but when it starts to eat away at the rational mind and sweeps so many contradictions under the carpet as ''Gods will'' then it becomes mildly annoying. If there is a creator I think it is much more than gendered deity that constantly craves attention from a race of creatures situated in a random blue spec in a sea of stars within an ocean of galaxies randomly scattered in an observable universe so great that the collective human consciousness cannot comprehend its enormity. I implore you to open your mind and try not to limit the premise of a creator with a one old book.

There ARE higher beings that falsified or *padded their resumes* for the human; in order to be perceived as such dictators/overlords. They were not Gods at all, just ho-hum low level creator beings miss-representing themselves (boy do they love to be worshiped). No physical being in consciousness can know (shake hands with) the AUO, unless join it as pure energy.
edit on 7-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
It is the 'I' that claims that it 'has' a life.
The ego is the rich man who will never enter heaven.
Heaven is revealed when life is found to be all there is - there is no one who has life.

'Life' and 'death' exist in the imagination/ego, where exists the 'figment' who 'imagines' that it 'has a life'.
Even 'figments' of imagination exist!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: namelesss

I kinda look your definition of loosing ego, thought etc as aiming for a vegetative state so perhaps we have a different understanding of ego, but I will explain how I see it.

I'm listening, but first, your notion of a 'veg state' is incorrect.
But I am not going to attempt to explain the difference, knowledge = experience.
Perceive Reality sans thought, and you will know!
There is not anything 'vegetative' about going through life thoughtlessly.
Bodhidharma said that anything DONE thoughtlessly, is Zen!
'Doing' is not 'veg state', it is perfect flow. Intuition. Doing the 'right thing' without the obfuscation of 'ego/thought'.

We cannot deny our physical side (our id, ego, thoughts, concepts etc) in the hope that it triggers spiritual enlightenment because both our physical and spiritual sides are our true nature.

No quarrel there.
I'm not saying to 'deny' anything!
I am merely saying not to 'believe' anything!
Not 'believing' thoughts and appearances prevents the insanity that has inundated humanity for 130,000 years!
No one harms others unless he 'believes' the appearances presented by 'thought' exist beyond the imagination.

So rather than kill one for the other we have to accept the duality and unite both into one.

Exactly what unconditional Love/Enlightenment 'does'!

To accomplish that task we need to nurture our spiritual desire so it overwhelms all egoistic desires. Then the stronger egoistic desires should wither out on their own accord.

That is certainly one 'path' among many.
All 'paths' converge in unconditional Love/Enlightenment!
The experience/healing of 'Our' unity as One Omni- 'Self!'!

For example when we meditate to the point that we cannot detect our own breathing, we shouldn't be perceiving the constant barrage of thought from the brain. The more we meditate the quieter the brain becomes, so the more subtle images from our spiritual nature, shine through. By meditating we are not destroying thought, we are balancing one with the other, so thought doesn't overwhelm our spiritual nature.

All 'paths' are valid!
I am affirming 'your' Perspective Here!
'Success' depends on the sincerity and diligence of the 'treader' of the 'path' (even though 'treader' and 'path' are One)!
We seem to be on the same page here! *__-

With Love
n

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: glend

You are what is perceiving - it does not matter what thoughts appear - thoughts appear and they are like clouds in the sky - they do not do anything - and you have no control over them. Even if a thought argues with another thought, that thought is not done by you. You are not the thoughts and you are not doing thought - you are what knows that there is thought.
Thought can be very seductive - it speaks as if you are the thinker - thought says 'I thought that' but you did not think it - you noticed that there was a thought.

Spirit is no thing - spirit is the space in which all things arise.

Have you wondered what is the purpose of the physical realm? Perhaps before we deny it, we should try to learn exactly what we are denying.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Thanks Nameless, yes we very much on same page but perhaps a buddhist parable might help explain the doubts I have concerning true awakening...

Once there was a devoted old woman who built a place of retreat for a monk, arranging that he would not lack for anything, so that he could concentrate upon his meditation and practice. One day, after twenty years, she instructed her daughter: 'Today, after serving the Master his meal, take advantage of the situation to embrace him tightly, asking him at the same time, 'how does it feel to be hugged these days?' Come back and let me know his answer as faithfully as you can.'

The daughter dutifully did as she was told, putting her arms around the Master and asking the question. The Master replied, 'I am not moved in the very least by sexual desire, no different from a dried up tree leaning against a cold mass of rocks in the middle of winter, when not even a drop of warmth can be found.' The young girl repeated the answer to her mother, who said unhappily, 'I have really wasted my time and effort during the last twenty years. Little did I know that I was only supporting a common mortal!' Having said this, she went out, evicted the monk, lit a fire and burned the meditation hut to the ground.

In truth, it is rare enough these days for anyone to cultivate to the level of that monk. As far as the old woman is concerned, she is said to have been a saint in disguise. Her action of burning down the hut was to 'enlighten' the Master. Why is this so? It is because, while not moved by sexual desire, he still saw himself as pure and was still attached to the empty and still aspects of samadhi. Thus, he had not attained true and complete Awakening." Master Tam: 147

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Thanks Nameless, yes we very much on same page but perhaps a buddhist parable might help explain the doubts I have concerning true awakening...

Thank you for the parable, it was right on mark!
The 'awakened' never know they are because there is no 'they' anymore.
Enlightenment is unconditional Love, where Lover and Beloved are One.
When the Universe is the Beloved, One becomes Universal.
There is no 'other', there is no duality; enlightened vs not enlightened...
All ya do is Love!
It is up to other egos to 'define you', because 'you' have transcended all definition, and encompassed all of them (hence 'nameless'), ineffable.
The Humble man never considers himself Humble, because we is also Honest! *__-

Doubts are healthy!
Here's what it looks like;

True, unconditional Love/Enlightenment is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

edit on 8-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Sorry for the delay, my posting on ATS is going to be pretty sporadic, but I will be around from time to time…

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
London temple? This describes the "RosyCross" further north.

Yes, the London Templar Church...

Do you mean, the temple itself describes the “Rosycross”…?

Book of Enoch, or Gospel of Thomas sort of thing?

Yes Enoch (how did you know lol) got a Grand mention, as did parts of Nag Hammadi library containing Hermetic thought/influences…

I only had 30 mins before closing time, but I plan on going back next Mon/Tues, to read more of the book…

I bypassed many steps using the Quabala mystery school teachings succeeded and I still breathe. There is that thread "ask a mason" will answer anything; just cannot do it. I have knowledge of all of the degrees if interested.

You breathe; this is good to know lol But what did you succeed at, were you following a set system (tried and tested), or your own DIY path…?

Hmmm a Mason who will answer anything; sounds suspect to me lol

As for knowledge of the Degrees, yes, I’m interested, but where to start…(brand new thread…?)

Maybe you could reactivate wordsmith mode, perhaps even resurrect “Stay puff” for one more final outing; He could tee/play off against King Kong, while God Zilla (serpent) and the statue of liberty, would act as caddies…(not sure about the handicaps)

- JC

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

vhb: London temple? This describes the "RosyCross" further north.

Joe: Yes, the London Templar Church...
Do you mean, the temple itself describes the “Rosycross”…?

That would be Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland (suspected home of the true grail) holding the secrets to Jesus's bloodline.

vhb:
Book of Enoch, or Gospel of Thomas sort of thing?

Joecoroft: Yes Enoch (how did you know lol) got a Grand mention, as did parts of Nag Hammadi library containing Hermetic thought/influences…
I only had 30 mins before closing time, but I plan on going back next Mon/Tues, to read more of the book.

That is outstanding (to be given this gift of knowledge).

vhb:
I bypassed many steps using the Quabala mystery school teachings succeeded and I still breathe. There is that thread "ask a mason" will answer anything; just cannot do it. I have knowledge of all of the degrees if interested.

Joecroft: You breathe; this is good to know lol But what did you succeed at, were you following a set system (tried and tested), or your own DIY path…?

Actually I knew the bypass routes innately (if not; have to spend 10 years in deep study); but understood the conceptual idea of the 'tree of life' beforehand, this was just trickery guised as a memory exercise. I recommend those with great heart to take up the challenge of the Quabala, it explains the method for the human/material path to attain the ethereal.

Joecroft: Hmmm a Mason who will answer anything; sounds suspect to me lol

Which is why I cannot read the Mason thread "I can answer anything".

Joecroft: In so far the knowledge of the Degrees, yes, I’m interested, but where to start…(brand new thread…?)

That would force me to read that other thread to see if the degrees were covered, otherwise its not relevant. Is this a dare?

Joecroft: Maybe you could reactivate wordsmith mode, perhaps even resurrect “Stay puff” for one more final outing; He could tee/play off against King Kong, while God Zilla (serpent) and the statue of liberty, would act as caddies…(not sure about the handicaps)
- JC

My 'wordsmithery' has of late been called or identified as "someone not speaking English as a first language" (handicapped).I keep telling them English is my 700th language (give me a break). I can pull out Godzilla, StaPuff man, King Kong and the bronze Immobile Statue of Liberty to PROVE MY POINTS (only as caddies) of course. "Talos' the Titan would have been a good choice to marry the Statue of Liberty/both being made of bronze. One could be my adjutant the other my confident.
edit on 8-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
Or taking the advantage of others perceived ignorance through many centuries (indoctrinated).

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

God, for the want of a better term, is ecstatic so when you realized the true self you are the I am that is ecstatic.
The question becomes, are you ecstatic? The answer to this question indicates your nearness to the answer to this non intellectual puzzle or your readiness to be truly simple ; ).

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

God, for the want of a better term, is ecstatic so when you realized the true self you are the I am that is ecstatic.
The question becomes, are you ecstatic? The answer to this question indicates your nearness to the answer to this non intellectual puzzle or your readiness to be truly simple ; ).

It wants the realization is all [it exists]; and is the reason it tries so hard to prove its beingness. Not just with the obvious form/human but the ecosystems as well (perfect). I have no idea of its stubborn nature or why (part cairn terrier I suspect) just will not proclaim itself
"I AM" (cookie treat needed?). Its just waiting for us to understand we are ITSELF. The Cub's are in the playoffs; proves a God might exist.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As for the Cubs, good luck, if that's your team.
Sometimes it's just better to forget.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

As for the Cubs, good luck, if that's your team.
Sometimes it's just better to forget.

Why forget your memories (tell me)? There were sentences before and above the posts that were unanswered or ignored. The "Cubs" (my team!) IS just a metaphor for God (baseball exists ZEN God created it) you slipped banana peel style regarding analogy; and interpreted the concept in (shallow post war indignation?). ITS A TEAM you actually are participating within. You must be better than this? The Human Race is called a "RACE" for a reason. Your parents or upbringing forgot the concept of teaching 'cunning'?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Cunning linguists ; )
Race is a misnomer, there are no races, as they can all interbreed they are not separate species and the concept is scientifically discredited. Ethnicity is a better word and does not need to be based on false genetic paradigms.
Linnaeus was somewhat racist, which was normal for his time and was trying to establish a missing link, for whom I will nominate Bigfoot.
I decided to stop trying so hard hence the banana peel, but Bigfoot would be proud, although he prefers grub and nuts.
God is not a dog so is a Cub a pup of a dog?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

crypticOvoid: Cunning linguists ; )
Race is a misnomer, there are no races, as they can all interbreed they are not separate species and the concept is scientifically discredited. Ethnicity is a better word and does not need to be based on false genetic paradigms.

Race used to be NOT A MISNOMER; our ancestors were created as various human types (all by differing demi-gods) we were deliberately isolated from each other for a reason; the boundaries were open seas, mountains, CONTINANTS, as casual experiments (within their zoo-keeper mindframe). The problem was this: (AUO origin) creator did not tell them (the demi-gods) that ITS super consciousness would not only overlay just the human, but the rocks, trees, insects, dirt, water. AUO is tricky regarding who knows itself best. It still believes the human will GET IT at some point. Those Gods; Horus, Osiris, Abraham were not given the truth on purpose.

crypticOvoid: Linnaeus was somewhat racist, which was normal for his time and was trying to establish a missing link, for whom I will nominate Bigfoot.
I decided to stop trying so hard hence the banana peel, but Bigfoot would be proud, although he prefers grub and nuts.
God is not a dog so is a Cub a pup of a dog?

Breaches in dimensional time; you have a creature living (concurrently) within a slightly higher or lower frequency that stumbles or accidently accesses the 3rd you see in an instant (appears disappears). Who is Linnaeus. Cubs appeared in '85 to disappear and now reappeared (for whatever instant the playoffs will define that timeline). This should be entertaining for you: take all of the NFL teams and create a baseball team with a name that corresponds.
edit on 9-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Describe to me absolute non-existence. No space, no time, no consciousness, no matter or energy. Existence is the only non-self annihilating whatever-it-is.... not.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
Describe to me absolute non-existence. No space, no time, no consciousness, no matter or energy. Existence is the only non-self annihilating whatever-it-is.... not.

That would be the Absolute Unbounded Oneness (or is my best first guess).

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join