It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence is strange.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm a theist; I believe that Christ paid for our sins, to be specific. As a theist, I believe that my soul was created and placed into my body upon drawing my first breath. In this life, I've experienced many ups and downs, highs and lows, fear, joy, and grey areas....but to this day, I've never taken the time to understand or wonder why we exist in the first place.

As a Trinity, God isn't lonley, He isn't lacking in anything. The Bible says that we are created for God's pleasure. That implies that we somehow bring joy to God...but in what way?

What gift do I possess as a created being that can possible bring joy to my Creator?

Does He simply want a crowd to talk to? To communicate idea with, for the prospect of reciprocation?

Is that what we are here for? An eternity of heavenly small talk?

To find the answer to my question, I reflect upon my relationships with my closest friends:

1) What sparked the friendship?
2) What am I looking for in those relationships?
3) What keeps us together as we change on individual levels?

Sadly this post has left me asking more questions than I have answers for. Usually, brainstorming forces me to answer inconvenient questions, but not tonight.

Tonight there are no answers. Just silence.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ah silence. From whence new roads emerge.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Looks like a dead end? Maybe because your premise is wrong?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
"Playing God: The Loving Psychopath."

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What premise would you offer? Would it explain existence?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No. But i just woke up, so give me a few moments.
Just maybe more than we are just entertainment.
Maybe we are life? Meant to spread throughout an otherwise vast and dead universe?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Lol. Nice thread to wake up to. Wonder how the rest of your day will be? I myself am nearing my bedtime.

To cultivate life in an empty universe? Perhaps yes, but did God not create the universe too? Create a dead universe to fill with life? I guess so.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Although immortal, maybe god wished to leave a mark on his ultimate creation (if you will) the universe. Without us, he created a where's Waldo painting where Waldo is nowhere to be seen.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I was just watching TV for minute somewhere a cn hour ago and saw this:

actually this is a file photo, today the MCG is full for Australia's version of the superbowl. The thought occurred to me that existence is strange, I mean 80,000 seperate souls with thier own histories and futures coming together to be as close as possible to a football ground and watch 50 odd men out there playing a game. How strange. The hype, importance and repsect this event is given. And all this just came about by an explosion of a point of nothing? How strange. Byan Adams was playing a few songs in the warm up, and I remembered back 25 years to when the songs were hits, he was still alive back then and was playing those songs at concerts.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Didn't he create us in his image? So why not? He gave us the playground and we fill it with life?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Although immortal, maybe god wished to leave a mark on his ultimate creation (if you will) the universe. Without us, he created a where's Waldo painting where Waldo is nowhere to be seen.

God left ITS mark certainly; by not exclaiming/proclaiming its existence (a grand joke) fend for your lives you humans!; floating upon rough seas in an open boat without oars a sail or compass.
edit on 3-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

This tells me that we have a fundamental desire to congregate for a common purpose. Is this desire legitimate, is it programming, what role does free will play in shaping the outcome? More unanswered questions to ponder.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
"Playing God: The Loving Psychopath."

You think that's what Christianity is really about? You're so ignorant - sickingly so.

What about the fact that God became an ant and showed us the way? How can you ignore that whole part of the gospel?

Heb 4:14 Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God---Jesus, the Son of God.
Heb 4:15 Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us have confidence, then, and approach God's throne, where there is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it.

John 1:1 In the beginning the Word already existed; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 From the very beginning the Word was with God.
Joh 1:3 Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him.
Joh 1:4 The Word was the source of life, and this life brought light to people.
Joh 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.
Joh 1:6 God sent his messenger, a man named John,
Joh 1:7 who came to tell people about the light, so that all should hear the message and believe.
Joh 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came to tell about the light.
Joh 1:9 This was the real light---the light that comes into the world and shines on all people.
Joh 1:10 The Word was in the world, and though God made the world through him, yet the world did not recognize him.
Joh 1:11 He came to his own country, but his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 Some, however, did receive him and believed in him;
so he gave them the right to become God's children.
Joh 1:13 They did not become God's children by natural means, that is, by being born as the children of a human father; God himself was their Father.
Joh 1:14 The Word became a human being and, full of grace and truth, lived among us. We saw his glory, the glory which he received as the Father's only Son.
Joh 1:15 John spoke about him. He cried out, "This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'He comes after me, but he is greater than I am, because he existed before I was born.' "
Joh 1:16 Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another.
Joh 1:17 God gave the Law through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is the same as God and is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

edit on 3/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Didn't he create us in his image? So why not? He gave us the playground and we fill it with life?

So says the diatribe. Perfection in Its image; (miss the potential feathered wings could have provided; a just for fun anatomical mash up). This playground that is rapidly turning into a paved earth parking lot?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I see religion more like metaphors. We are just toddlers orphants and tell eachother how fantastic the daddy we never met is.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Peeple because: Bee

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I see religion more like metaphors. We are just toddlers orphants and tell eachother how fantastic the daddy we never met is.

Dogmas are the skeletal representatives of false belief systems. They are fantastical if any one of them could be proved as a truism. All are orphan children that attempt to grasp have faith in any one of these doctrines (so many) why? There should be only one truth shining bright. All religion is metaphorical. Poetry. Self interpreted/unique to the individual it is speaking to.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I believe we are part of the cosmic mind (or whatever one chooses to call it by) and our awarenessis how the cosmic mind sees and experiences what it has created. So we are an extension of that mind.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Shiloh7 because: wrong word sorry

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

To an extent, I agree with that. But why did the source choose to expand its cosmic mind. How does it benefit from us?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I was born with a natural horror of being expected to follow petty rules that have existed past their usefulness and 'just are' - especially in relation to religious petty rules. It surprises me how easily people love to jump into the religious rule book and swallow and regurgitate it throughout their lives. It strikes me they do not wish to think for themselves or practise discernment that involves using their own judgement faculties.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

One truth is: religion starts as experiment and ends as experience. Be an adventerer and find your own truth, free from dogmas but as unique part of the flow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join