It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers just released the home address and phone number of price-gouging pharma CEO Martin Shkreli

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Nothing like conspiracy to commit murder to start the day off.

2 wrongs don't make a right... Then again 3 rights does make a left.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
The address and phone number is listed on the article but partly removed it as I don't know the stance of ATS publishing such things.

Using an anonymous Twitter account, someone posted what is alleged to be Shkreli’s address and phone number, tweeting it to other big name accounts like the AIDS organization ACT UP and Occupy Wall Street. Not surprisingly, the info is getting passed around quite a bit.

— Oracle (@jaok_3) September 22, 2015

Hackers just released the home address and phone number of price-gouging pharma CEO Martin Shkreli

Mixed emotions about this since his life could be put on the line. However he didn't have any regards to put others live on the line for profit and bragging rights.

Awesome!! What he did was criminal. Many patients rely on this medication. Even when it was at a lower cost, patients were fighting to get it lowered.

What the heck is going on today with CEOs?

- CEO for Volkswagen steps down for cheating on emissions.

- CEO for pharma company raises the price on beneficial drug after claiming rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think the posting of addresses of anyone in such contexts is wrong in every instance...though what e did was of course terrible, but there are crazy people out there, and I don't like this 'this guy is evil, here's his address, do with him what you will' sort of thing.
edit on 24-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I agree with those that are saying this is a bad idea, to use fear to stop the bad practice of this CEO.

The correct reaction should have been finding a solution to the issue.

We could instead fight for better protocols of medication cost, regulations of drug price increases when someone has a monopoly, find an alternative medication to counter it, or even some form of preventing rights to a form of medication after so many years.

Something does need to change tho, but I think sole rights to any technology or asset after an initial inventors period of a few years is the biggest problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Releasing personal information for the purposes of inciting harassment, and likely threats, is not only childish and lazy, but also dangerous.

Don't disagree , however playing with peoples life for you bottom line and amusement is also not only childish and lazy, but also dangerous.

Perhaps the Pharmaceutical industry is also to be partly blamed for such tactics. Perhaps if that industry didn’t cross the line in pushing their customers to the brink of hatred , these tactics wouldn't be welcomed.
edit on 46930America/ChicagoThu, 24 Sep 2015 08:46:50 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

2 wrongs don't make a right... Then again 3 rights does make a left.

Too bad when it comes to politics and oligopolies they typically take lefts.
edit on 45930America/ChicagoThu, 24 Sep 2015 08:45:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He will just most to one of his other homes and get his number changed or just go on holiday. Hardly devastating for him.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think its great that he has to look over his shoulder. Not advocating any violence on the piece of filth, but any stress put upon him brings a lot of people pleasure. Sorry I can't lie. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgregory
a reply to: interupt42

Not a fan, and here's why:

To me, as a former liaison for CEO and President types, this price gouging appeared like it was a subtle but strongly framed and high level strategy to force people off their addiction to drugs and shift them into a more holistically based health care of their problems.

Medicine has it's time and place. But subscription based revenues for illnesses does no one any good. It's a costly short term patch for a long term problem. Even the pharmaceutical companies know this.

These guys and gals running these companies aren't all demons and devils. Believe it or not, they talk amongst eachother, they strategize, and they even make decisions to the detriment of their company's bottom line to help themselves feel better about themselves ethically and to support the community.

So here you have a hacker who clearly can't think outside the box of 'attack someone because there's only one reason they are doing this - financial benefit.

When most CEOs and Presidents just flat out dont care about the money. Which is how they attained their position, and they make decisions based on things you haven't take the time to understand. Judging them.

Who's in the wrong. The man who's working somewhat subversively to make the world a better place? Or the hacker working subversively to tear that man down? Or the community throwing tomatoes at the man the hacker painted the target on?

Wake up people. The world isn't as evil as you think it is.

Not every

I smell paid troll. Your whole argument defies economic theory. Either you're literally crazy and out of touch like a religious person, but worshiping the Pharmaceutical God, or you're paid. There's no middle ground. Try harder, too transparent.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Jefferton
Gotta love this new breed of hacker.

Hactivist might be the last hope in changing the system.

changing the system into what?

The stupid medicine does not work and the cures have been suppressed by tptb not this clown

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Engaging in Schadenfreude is not something to be proud of.

It's all fun and games until it's other people wishing ill on you and gloating when you receive it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I ahve to ask...Cant this guy be arressted for price gouging and or Fixing? The cost of the pills materials dont cost that much. If The dems wanted to score some points the president could force him to lower it back to its original cost with a price freeze and order of no travel or international business until he complies.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazielBlaze
I can see that what the hacker did was wrong, but, people in power such as this CEO as well as our leaders are supposed to be serving the community.

We the people should not be fearing them and their rules and regulations, but they should be fearing us.

Unfortunately this is not the case and I see it as a step in the right direction to bring this country back into the hands of the many and not just the few.

Ahh a fellow citizen. how Verilly i salute thee. I agree they should fear the people and desire to please us or be hung by the neck one day so to speak.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Too bad Mr bleeding heart. Maybe you got a bag of bricks to carry around yourself?

Lmao! ~$heopleNation
edit on 24-9-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
I ahve to ask...Cant this guy be arressted for price gouging and or Fixing? The cost of the pills materials dont cost that much. If The dems wanted to score some points the president could force him to lower it back to its original cost with a price freeze and order of no travel or international business until he complies.

It has been lowered by him so now all those with false hope can now again take a pill that does not work

for the record this is another aids medicine that is multiple times less effective than other suppressed meds
edit on 24-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: yuppa

It has been lowered by him so now all those with false hope can now again take a pill that does not work

Thats not the point,but if its been lowered back to where it was thats fine. its used for more than AIDS though and it does work for those im told. I see he saw the backlash and decided discretion was better than bravado huh? Maybe we should do that to ALL CEO's?

Woudnt that be a shame? lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I guess my point is that while we all have adrenaline pumping over this event we should look to fry bigger fish.

For the record yes it works on other things along with multiple other available drugs that could have been purchased in lieu of this one that by being out there affordable gives false hope to people and acts as cover for the ones being suppressed.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: yuppa

I guess my point is that while we all have adrenaline pumping over this event we should look to fry bigger fish.

For the record yes it works on other things along with multiple other available drugs that could have been purchased in lieu of this one that by being out there affordable gives false hope to people and acts as cover for the ones being suppressed.

And on that we can agree.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Logic > Emotion.

Keep laughing for now. One day you will have a realisation about how counter-productive it is to derive pleasure from the misfortune of others.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Perfect example of how people can die because of capitalistic greed.

The guys apathy and way-too-young-to-be-CEO-face (what's he, 25?) isn't going to make anyone feel sorry for him.

edit on 24-9-2015 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join