It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers just released the home address and phone number of price-gouging pharma CEO Martin Shkreli

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The twitter mob is a kangaroo court. This isn't justice. Don't support this nonsense.

Ah so the kangaroo court is no worse than the real court? I don't recall seeing any of the CEO and Financial top executive getting any days in jail during the bailout debacle. Heck I think they all took the tax payers money and their 50 million dollar bonus as their company tanked.

Show me justice when it comes to politicians and Top Oligopoly CEO and board of directors.

Like I said, I'm on the fence on this information being released. However, there does not appear to be any justice when it comes to CEO and politicians . Having worked on several gov't projects I know I would have easily been thrown into jail long time ago for what HIllary did , yet she is still a leading presidential candidate.

So I'm not so sure that twitter is the only kangaroo court.

Justice is based on ju$tice from what I have seen. The Politicians, CEO and board of directors appear to be pretty immune for the most parts. Sure there are exceptions but for the most part they go unscathed.

edit on 26930America/ChicagoWed, 23 Sep 2015 21:26:15 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

I think you are missing the bigger point and precedence this will set. They are testing the waters to see what we will take which is apparently alot.

Surely you don't think this will only happen and stop with this drug.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Not a fan, and here's why:

To me, as a former liaison for CEO and President types, this price gouging appeared like it was a subtle but strongly framed and high level strategy to force people off their addiction to drugs and shift them into a more holistically based health care of their problems.

Medicine has it's time and place. But subscription based revenues for illnesses does no one any good. It's a costly short term patch for a long term problem. Even the pharmaceutical companies know this.

These guys and gals running these companies aren't all demons and devils. Believe it or not, they talk amongst eachother, they strategize, and they even make decisions to the detriment of their company's bottom line to help themselves feel better about themselves ethically and to support the community.

So here you have a hacker who clearly can't think outside the box of 'attack someone because there's only one reason they are doing this - financial benefit.

When most CEOs and Presidents just flat out dont care about the money. Which is how they attained their position, and they make decisions based on things you haven't take the time to understand. Judging them.

Who's in the wrong. The man who's working somewhat subversively to make the world a better place? Or the hacker working subversively to tear that man down? Or the community throwing tomatoes at the man the hacker painted the target on?

Wake up people. The world isn't as evil as you think it is.

Not every

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The more this happens the higher the probability of somelne organizing an attack.

This will never end up going in a good direction.

Organized vigilante Justice because our justice system is chasing down pot dealers across the country instead of going after the robber barons who are gutting our country.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bgregory

this price gouging appeared like it was a subtle but strongly framed and high level strategy to force people off their addiction to drugs and shift them into a more holistically based health care of their problems.

Are you seriously suggesting that this was the strategy of a drug company to get people off their drugs and into holistic healthcare? You got to be kidding me.

These guys and gals running these companies aren't all demons and devils.

Nobody is suggesting they are demons. The problem is that corporations have responsibilities to their stock holder to continue to make profit for INFINITY. The problem with that is thats an unrealistic goal .

You can't expect a company to beat last years profit margin and to maintain growth for infinity. So what you get is corporations that have the money and power via lobbying efforts within their industry to move the grey area back further year after year. Eventually the grey area gets so out of whacked that people actually notice.

edit on 34930America/ChicagoWed, 23 Sep 2015 21:34:34 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The more this happens the higher the probability of somelne organizing an attack.

This will never end up going in a good direction.

Organized vigilante Justice because our justice system is chasing down pot dealers across the country instead of going after the robber barons who are gutting our country.

This could be fixed if we put sane limits on renewing patents. Patents are a necessary evil, particularly on medicine but my opinion is that once the drug has recovered it's investment costs plus a decent return there's no excuse to be able to do this.

But if we focus on mob justice on an individual level we're never going to fix the intellectual property issues that enable this on a national level.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

But how do we want to regulate this industry?

Why don't we just invest in competition as a country with our tax dollars and grant somelne enough money to create a similar product that's better fit for the market it serves?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think you regulate it by unregulating it. In other words the only regulation that we should have is to allow competition. If Canada is selling equivalent drugs then we should be able to purchase them from Canada .

Also modify patent laws that only last for 10 years exclusivity then for the next 25 years everyone that uses their patent has to pay a 10% fee then a 5% fee for the following 10 years. Or something along those lines. to allow the corporations to recoup their cost and get financially rewarded but at the same time benefit humanity.

I find it ironic how our politicians are for outsourcing and globalization except when it comes to drugs.

edit on 44930America/ChicagoWed, 23 Sep 2015 21:44:43 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Good point. It's part of the agenda.

Assimilate Canada Mexico and the U.S.

But what's with the big pharma, what's the ultimate agenda with it?

Create a pill that puts people exactly where they want?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

But what's with the big pharma, what's the ultimate agenda with it?

Create a pill that puts people exactly where they want?

Sure, its always about money and power. How do you get and maintain money and power . you control the game .

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Aazadan

Why don't we just invest in competition as a country with our tax dollars and grant somelne enough money to create a similar product that's better fit for the market it serves?

Because it's not an area that competition can fix. The majority of the cost of drugs comes from safety testing. It takes years and in many cases decades of clinical trials in order to discover a drugs short and long term side effects and the rates at which those occur. Competition will only serve to duplicate the safety testing which causes even more expense while diminishing each drug providers market share.

It costs about 2.6 billion dollars to develop a new drug today, the US taxpayer pays somewhere around 40% of that cost as is while the corporation and their investors pay the remainder. A couple billion dollars is a lot of money, especially when it's spread among only a few people. Drugs only have a few years of patent time once they reach the market, and thanks to other nations not recognizing our patents and copying them we can't really export the medicines elsewhere in the world. So we're limited to only the cases of any given illness inside the US and even a very common illness only generate about 30,000 new cases per year, most issues are in the 5000-10000 case range. That concentrates those billions of dollars in development on a fairly small customer base which forces the drugs to be expensive in order to cover their production costs.

My suggestion would be that we conditionally extend patents for another 30 years while tracking the revenue generated by each drug along with it's production costs. Once the drug recovers it's investment plus a certain margin the patent if it's still in effect automatically expires.

This ensures the drug companies can still profit enough to stay in business and it lets them spread the cost of a drug over a larger segment of the population. If they want to maintain market share for their stock price it incentivizes them to make very little profit on each pill in order to extend their patent as long as possible, but if they extend it too long they'll take pretty big losses to inflation so it's in their interest to hit their profit margins sooner and open things up to the generics, but as things are right now even adding 2 years to the lifespan of a patent reduces the profit that needs to be made per pill by nearly 33%.

Right now what's happening is that US companies and taxpayers pay the cost of developing a drug, then pay for the safety trials, then release it. At this point, knowing the drug is safe other nations copy it at a low cost and distribute it to their citizens without having all the overhead that we have. It's extremely unfair but no nation is going to give up cheap medicine for their citizens when they can instead make us pay for it.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate

Mr. Lazzar isn't difficult to find. Let it go and pick your battles wisely.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm all for certain kinds of hacktivism but even with an evil son of a bitch like this guy, doxxing is wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I texted him. He didn't reply.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bgregory

You're for real, right?

This saint of a CEO told an employee that he fired: “I hope to see you and your four children homeless and will do whatever I can to assure this.”

Yeah, he's the type that wants to make the world a better place by reducing drug sales to dependent AIDS patients thus lowering his company profits and ticking off investors..

It's pretty obvious to everyone else whats going on..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I can't say I agree with this, this is no different than Spike Lee releasing Zimmerman's address and telling people to take it into their own hands. Mob justice isn't justice at all, retribution for this CEO's actions should be based on the rule of law. What this CEO and his company did is reprehensible but sparking people into forming a lynch mob is no better.

See, the problem here is that overcharging for life-saving medicine isnt always illegal. It just sucks. Another kind of "court" and another kind of " justice" is required in such cases.

I think this is a splendid way to keep the rich and powerful honest. They perpetrate atrocities and hide behind anonymity. This makes that a lot more difficult to get away with.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Yeah that was a comical twist on the actions taken by this CEO. I actually went and checked when that account was created just to see if Martin Shkreli had created the account today ., lol

edit on 06930America/ChicagoWed, 23 Sep 2015 23:06:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

This makes that a lot more difficult to get away with.

Sadly this is just an inconvenience for him and he will continue laughing to the bank by tomorrow morning from his summer home with his new cell phone.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Ah so the kangaroo court is no worse than the real court? I don't recall seeing any of the CEO and Financial top executive getting any days in jail during the bailout debacle. Heck I think they all took the tax payers money and their 50 million dollar bonus as their company tanked.

That's the problem. You have nothing but your thoughts to go on. Lawyers object to conjecture.

Releasing personal information for the purposes of inciting harassment, and likely threats, is not only childish and lazy, but also dangerous. Because someone does not like the guy is not a good enough reason to incite harassment, to release his personal information, or in the case of people in this very thread, to call his house.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I can see that what the hacker did was wrong, but, people in power such as this CEO as well as our leaders are supposed to be serving the community.

We the people should not be fearing them and their rules and regulations, but they should be fearing us.

Unfortunately this is not the case and I see it as a step in the right direction to bring this country back into the hands of the many and not just the few.

edit on 24-9-2015 by RazielBlaze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join