It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isamu Noguchi - To Be Viewed From Mars, 1947 - Very odd connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok, so I am admittedly not really a believer in the civilization on Mars threads that run through here every so often, and even less likely to start one, but here it is....some really odd stuff that I have found while researching some on the GA Guidestones sister city of Mure, Japan. I began down this path to see why they were a sister city and found that Mure is ALSO a large granite area with many stone masons....one of which was a man named Isamu Noguchi, and likely he is the most famous of all of them.

So...some history on Isamu:

Isamu Noguchi (野口 勇 Noguchi Isamu?, November 17, 1904 – December 30, 1988) was an American artist and landscape architect whose artistic career spanned six decades, from the 1920s onward.[1] Known for his sculpture and public works, Noguchi also designed stage sets for various Martha Graham productions, and several mass-produced lamps and furniture pieces, some of which are still manufactured and sold.

So Isamu became quite famous for his artistic ability. He designed numerous sculptures and artistic pieces over the years. He was considered a visionary of his art of sculpture.

Now while reading about him I came across one of his works called "To Be Viewed From Mars, 1947" which was made in 1947....here is why I find this fascinating:

Remind anyone of anything?

So, this was proposed in 1947, well before the face on Mars was seen and the year of the Roswell incident....another odd coincidence.

So my reason for posting this is that I am trying to find a link between this artist and the Guidestones. He has been in GA and even designed a famous park here. He has designed some really interesting parks and monuments all over, but the connection with Elberton and Mure, with both being big granite mason areas and him being an extremely famous mason/artist have me thinking he was involved somehow.

Either way...the "to Be Viewed From Mars, 1947" face is really quite a coincidence I think....he has a few other works that "resemble" some of the things speculated on Mars, such as the D&M pyramid and such, but I will leave those out of this discussion unless someone else wants to bring them in.

edit on 9/23/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We can assume that he was a visionary of sorts, and I must assume that his "To be viewed from Mars, 1947" work is intended to display a created Earth feature as seen from Mars. Visionaries gain their ideas and concepts from multiple channels, some sought, and some, as Edison said, "...are in the air." That is not to say that there is any real value to his art other than he may have picked up "in the air" the controversy several decades later without there being a real substance to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can you put a link up, please?

Before I S&F?...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Can you put a link up, please?

Before I S&F?...

A link to the picture?

Source

Source

There is a couple.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

We can assume that he was a visionary of sorts, and I must assume that his "To be viewed from Mars, 1947" work is intended to display a created Earth feature as seen from Mars. Visionaries gain their ideas and concepts from multiple channels, some sought, and some, as Edison said, "...are in the air." That is not to say that there is any real value to his art other than he may have picked up "in the air" the controversy several decades later without there being a real substance to it.

Sure, and I get that, but what are the chances really? He even has it lit from almost the same angle as the face on mars pic is lit from as seen by the shadows...just really interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Cydonia face for sure... It's almost like he was spoofing the whole idea from the past

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's just not possible anyone could know about these things before they were ever discovered...
Especially not in 1958.

Or in 1960.

And certainly not in 1977

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I was more interested in a Bio on the artist. BUt NVM..Ill google it.

S&F..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

I was more interested in a Bio on the artist. BUt NVM..Ill google it.

S&F..

From his official site:

Source

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Sure, and I get that, but what are the chances really? He even has it lit from almost the same angle as the face on mars pic is lit from as seen by the shadows...just really interesting.

As a strong believer in and some tinkering with Remote Viewing, I heartily agree, in fact, more than interesting, telling.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well, there almost always has been the myth of the "Man (face) in the Moon." That leads to conjecture....

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is also said if you can imagine it exists then somewhere it does.
Not comforting if you like Klingon stuff,to many...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Well, there almost always has been the myth of the "Man (face) in the Moon." That leads to conjecture....

Of course. Like I said. There's no way anyone could have known. It has to be coincidence at best...

edit on 9/23/2015 by Klassified because: edit

edit on 9/23/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So maybe this fellow is R. C. Christian, or part of the group of persons?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This has wow-effect printed all over it. Cool find !

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

This has wow-effect printed all over it. Cool find !

Thanks! Yeah I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry if I got a bit carried away, Vasa. I just find it really interesting that this goes all the way back to 1947. I knew about the ones I posted, but not this one. Quite the curiosity. Collective unconscious? Discovered a long time before being announced? Or coincidence? Guess everyone has to decide for themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Sorry if I got a bit carried away, Vasa. I just find it really interesting that this goes all the way back to 1947. I knew about the ones I posted, but not this one. Quite the curiosity. Collective unconscious? Discovered a long time before being announced? Or coincidence? Guess everyone has to decide for themselves.

I love it...this kind of thing really gets me excited. I appreciate the contribution to the thread very much!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Is this for real?

Im gonna get back to this thread and research the hell out of this!

Are we sure it was really from 1947?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Is this for real?

Im gonna get back to this thread and research the hell out of this!

Are we sure it was really from 1947?

Yes....it is for real and from 1947. It is documented many places. He was a VERY famous artist/sculptor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join