It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are masons the bad guys or the good guys?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
My Lodge's meals are usually range from $5 to $10, but once in a while we have prime rib dinners (usually for 3rd degrees) and we ask for $20 - $25...and its worth it.

In the variety of other groups, usually the meal costs go from $20 to $35 on average, and sometimes as high as $65 for banquets at international meetings.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
My Lodge's meals are usually range from $5 to $10, but once in a while we have prime rib dinners (usually for 3rd degrees) and we ask for $20 - $25...and its worth it.

Losers. Ours are free.

Plus we have booze.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
@AugustusMasonicus, @KSigMason, @networkdude

Ok. Now I'm feeling quite sad.

Your festive boards sounds immeasurably better than ours. Yes we do get wine and booze in our meals but... wow. Yours sound pretty fantastic.

I like the bit about cooking/preparing it yourselves as well.

Going to have to have a word with the Assist. Sec about this...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

We have the Grand Master of Ontario coming for dinner at our Lodge tomorrow night for some prime rib and a few toasts, we also have a fully stocked Festive bar. We mostly do our own cooking but this time we have got the Eastern Star cooking and severing for us. Who we do pay

Though the GM isn't eating for free, he will be there to rededicate our tilled floor for our 50th anniversary.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Meh. The meal is usually worth the price.

I will say at my initiation into the Royal Order of Scotland, the banquet meal was steak and salmon with a veggie side and key lime pie...probably the best meal I've had in Freemasonry (in quantity and taste) plus I had some Scotch (always necessary).

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

In my area, we only get sweet tea to drink. No booze at all. If NC is the Bible belt, I'd think Dunn is the Buckle.
But we eat good none the less.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

In my area, we only get sweet tea to drink. No booze at all

Same in Georgia. Alas.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'd keep that to yourself. There is a certain "element" within the masons on this board who thrive on illuminating the misfortune of being in a dry masonic state. I'll let you figure out who that is. (Hint, he is from Jersey)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Bedlam

I'd keep that to yourself. There is a certain "element" within the masons on this board who thrive on illuminating the misfortune of being in a dry masonic state. I'll let you figure out who that is. (Hint, he is from Jersey)

ETA:
Our grand lodge voted last year to let the individual lodges decide if they wished to serve adult beverages inside their lodges. Ours did not.

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My uncle is a mason.....grows lots of veg and gives it free to me, the family others.

He is all good, not a bad bone in his body.....oh and they do tons for charity round here.

CX.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Great commentary on the differences between "speculative" and "operative" being demonstrated here.
Unintentionally, but effectively.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
it's a scam just to get dues.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
it's a scam just to get dues.

what lodge are you a member of?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

oh oh we are going to be told how it really is,, again LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's funny. My spouse and I watched an entire show on either cable or subscription TV service about masons and we both still did not understand much about them at the end.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We had a new Social Security Office building built. I believe it was built by Masons because it has a Mason plaque with symbol on the outside in the brick. I think that's good?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx
No. The building would have been built construction contractors, but the Freemasons would have done a building dedication and placed a plaque.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My answer....bad guys....I've seen some crud....at the age of 13 even....pizzed me off they made my dad ( a mason ) bring me to a meeting because I had to be the one to say yes or no to joining. I was already a boyscout, and they made me show up at the other end of town for that stupid moron-run bunch of.......at the age of 13, I could discern this bs.....

at the end of the boring , playacting...stupid leaderless I shoulda slapped the sorry sap suckers...DeMolay meeting they came up to my face....the whole room....and asked....I politely said no.....shoulda broke out my can a whoop-azz.....pizzes me off to remember....my Dad was dying of cancer....and they did this

edit on 4-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 4-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

hmmm...okay - keep fun in discussion. Real Freemasons never allowed regulars in the society. However, to cloak what they actually did there were two convenes. One had elitists and another had regulars, but they had to be high society. Then if you look abroad you find another twp distinct branches . only one of these claims to be true Freemasons who never, ever let other bloodlines in and dated to the times and bloodline of King Solomon's Freemasons.
The other is found beginning something called Freemasons associated with a couple of Illuminati in 1500's - 1800's Bavaria and Weishaupt arrives from this group.
Other branches are a recent group and America was not old enough to have had any Freemasons except for those from Washington's POTUS days and they were under cloaks for true espionage.
So, the newcomers love the trait's, but they have left out the old factors such as lodges were highly sacred and revered. So, i just listen and let the new do wind dance, i saw the same in American Indian, actually Mexican and other bloodline - they love the rain dances and so they took on the name, because one long time distant relative lived on or near a reservation. But, pride does compel the human and other to taste everything. So, to each a piece of pie.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lucindawrites

Why do I feel if I ask you when you became a Mason the answer would be 'I am not'?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join