It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Absolutely it is my opinion. Nothing more. But I have watched this president do this same thing over and over again and the only people who believe it is unintentional or a coincidence are those who WISH to believe that or agree with the action.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I rest easy every night knowing I will never have the 'honor' of visiting the White House.

Better places to be, and better people to see.

link   
Haha
The false outrage

Trump can attack whoever he wants and you cheer him...

Obama invited some opposition to a meeting and that's bad?

You do know the pope would have a itinerary of all that's going on before he even agreed to the meeting?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
It ought to be a hoot when Obama invites the Pussy Riot!

Or a bunch from LGBT too just like with the Pope since Putin likes to in prison and kill them...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Indeed the 'false' outrage.

After YEARS of screaming about the separationof church, and state.

What's a progressive to do?

Oh yeah invite the pope over for a fireside chat with people he supposedly can't stand.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think this is the second time you and I have ever agreed on here.

Well said

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Interesting when the argument against an opinion thread ends up being "this is just your opinion". No crap Sherlock! No where is there a quote from Obama saying that he is intentionally insulting the Pope. No, "Hey guys...look what I'm gonna pull on his holiness (ha ha)".

Yup...just an opinion I have learned from this individual, seeing his actions and inactions and his personality. Insulting is as key to his personality as it is to most of the far-left.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So now not only do you profess to have insight into Obama's brain, the pope's, but also anybody who isn't wailing and tearing their hair out over something YOU have decided is bad?

The irony is thick here. Lulz.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would think that the Pope or his Staff might have some say-so on the guest list, right?

Otherwise, yeah, I grow weary of the agenda pushing by this Administration. I'm all for live and let live but not shoving it down everyone else's throat or causing each other to squirm or be uncomfortable or put on the spot. Feels like trolling.

edit on 19-9-2015 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Haha
The false outrage

Obama invited some opposition to a meeting and that's bad?

You do know the pope would have a itinerary of all that's going on before he even agreed to the meeting?

Trump is nothing. He is not an elected official or the voice of America. Obama is. Trump is no different than you or I except for he has the media's attention. Obama represents you, me and the rest of our country.

I'd call that a HUGE difference.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh yeah invite the pope over for a fireside chat with people he supposedly can't stand.

After a chat or two my sure the Pope will change his belief system and demand the bible to be edited.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I think this is the second time you and I have ever agreed on here.

Well said

Ha!

There is always a first or in this case a secound

I even agreed with neo once..... Hell didn't freeze over

But yeah storm in a tea cup comes to mind on this.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Indeed the 'false' outrage.

After YEARS of screaming about the separationof church, and state.

What's a progressive to do?

Not a fan of the pope or Obama

But the pope is unfortunately a head of state not just a religious leader ,

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So now not only do you profess to have insight into Obama's brain, the pope's, but also anybody who isn't wailing and tearing their hair out over something YOU have decided is bad?

The irony is thick here. Lulz.

Yeah the irony is thick

What's the difference between Obama and the Pope ?

The Pope doesn't need the NSA to know what people are 'thinking'.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not a fan of the pope or Obama

Neither am I.

They are both more political leaders than anything else.

edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Again, back to that magical power that I seem to have that apparently no one else does. You know, where you can watch how someone acts for years and then get a good idea of why they do something without them needing to admit it. In fact...without others having that same magical power, I don't know how ATS would exist?

So maybe its not just me...maybe its just not you?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

After a chat or two my sure the Pope will change his belief system and demand the bible to be edited.

I thought the Vatican has been doing that for centuries.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

Yes, I agree, it's pretty darn clear and it's pretty darn sad. I don't even see anyone really trying to argue that point, just going off on different angles.

I would like to think our President is better than that, but obviously not. I'd like to say that our people are better than that, but obviously not.

So Obama can invite anyone he wants, and be as insulting as he wants... if I were Pope Francis, I would decline (at the very last minute). But I'm pretty sure the Pope is a bigger person than I am!!! He's also pretty smart, so he'll see it for what it is and will handle it with his usual graciousness and aplomb.

And FYI: Vatican Disputes White House Guest List for Papal Visit

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Who is this Trump guy? Isn't he the guy that screams "Your fired" on reality TV? lol

I'm kind of immature in both Obama and Trump are in the same group to me. Both are truly crap and if the American people want them and vote them into office I sit back eating my popcorn watching with that same weird "hard to look away" at a car wreak perspective.

You vote him in you get him and I sit back and watch the self imposed misery...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I actually thought it would be the other way around...with the invited individuals changing their opinions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join