It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Then I'm glad you agree then, that climate change deniers need to be excluded as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I imagine the Pope will be gracious as usual, and follow the ole cliché "When in the U.S., do as they do". I don't think he will think anything about it. He's very accepting and loving.

Plus, I certainly don't think the President did anything wrong by inviting them. It would have been odd if he hadn't, in fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Stop being so politically correct and getting offended on the popes behalf

link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Good try twisting words...didn't work.

link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh... were we talking about only official Church doctrine? Or just about what might offend this Pontiff? You're just trying to make the rules up to fit your own agenda.

Does it matter? How about some civility and decorum. Purposely insulting other world leaders and this guy got a Nobel Peace Prize???

so you think that the pope has NEVER met with people like this?....c'mon, classic making a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No...it doesn't matter. You don't invite someone to be hosted at a gathering to insult them either personally or for their beliefs.

Cease the majority of global diplomatic endeavors?

Obama is the host, and is entitled to invite whomever he wishes. Just as his guests are entitled to not attend based on who is invited or not.

As for this specific circumstance, I highly doubt the Pope was under the impression that he would only be seeing Christians, with Christian beliefs, while visiting a secular country.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

... Trump insults, but ya not about him.

Why isn't this just voicing a difference of opinion then?

The people who he invited would have just that, a different opinion then the pope on lifestyle.
edit on thSat, 19 Sep 2015 13:51:35 -0500America/Chicago920153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You're the one espousing a double standard... not me.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Hehehehe I see what you did there!

Wonder why the pope can't just get over it, he doesn't have the right to not be offended here in the states.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm not offended on the Pope's behalf, I'm sure he can decide that for himself. I'm just surprised that the President of our country is such an infantile jackass that he would try to load a group of guests with ringers for the purpose of insulting the leader of a religion. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised...he has been heading the war on Christianity and the uplifting of Islam for years.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Good try...I guess you are in favor of Obama being invited to a state gathering full of KKK members then. Just a difference of opinion, nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What logic are you concerned about? Inviting a leader to a gathering while inviting their opposition? You don't find that a bit insulting and rude?

No not particularly. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that this Pope endorses this guest list either. You see, you can't address problems by belittling and demeaning the other side and pretending they don't exist. This is something the Pope has demonstrated he understands throughout his career, now if we could only get the right to understand that simple concept.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE The war on Christianity. Give me a break most Christians on ats hate the new pope with his version of Christianity. The war is between yourselves
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

Absolutely...but it doesn't make it right for our President to try to stack the deck to cause a problem or confrontation.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Either people who might offend the Pope should be able to be invited or they shouldn't... you don't get to have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Deny it all you want, but as a non-Catholic, non-religious person who doesn't even believe in God...I see who is attacking religion, who hates it's existence and those who want it abolished. I can only assume from your denial you are one of those.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Either people who might offend the Pope should be able to be invited or they shouldn't... you don't get to have it both ways.

Correct...it is actually pretty simple. If you are having a party or get-together for someone, the average person will avoid inviting people who hate the guest of honor. Pretend you don't know that?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

But the pres isn't inviting some extreme anti religious crowd, these people are not on the same level as the KKK.
Lets keep the comparisons equal here.

When has obama ever uplifted Islam btw?
edit on thSat, 19 Sep 2015 14:04:12 -0500America/Chicago920151280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Then again, I'm glad you agree that climate change deniers should be excluded as well. If you say otherwise, you invalidate your original argument. Pretend you didn't know that?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I disagree, these individuals are very happy to express their views in any situation and the President providing such a situation with close access while he sits back and laughs is quite insulting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join