It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I have to agree with you there...but it isn't like we have other, better choices. Look at the freakshow running for both sides. It makes you wonder if the USA is a reality show for some other being.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Have to be subbed to read the story.

Why is is automatically an insult and not just an attempt to have some dialogue with the pope about things he may not agree with?
This pope is pretty progressive, think he will be ok and not insulted.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well I don't agree with you, and yet you seem to think you already know why I disagree with you.

You happen to be incorrect.

So why should I accept that though you're incorrect about my brain's inner workings, you simply must be correct about everything else because of your magical gift?

This is beyond ludicrous now. You've managed to frame your opinion as fact and utterly dismiss any reason anybody could have to disagree with you.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Assuming things about people is not some magical power.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And just what sort of crowd do you expect for the false prophet meeting the antichrist.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I have to agree with you there...but it isn't like we have other, better choices. Look at the freakshow running for both sides. It makes you wonder if the USA is a reality show for some other being.

Actually if Trump is elected the coolest thing would be his first words "Obama your FIRED!". I would take another 4 years of hell to hear that...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have framed nothing as a fact starting from page one. It is simply my opinion based upon what I've observed from this individual. We all do that. Sometimes well, sometimes not. Exactly how many more times do I have to say it is my opinion before you bother to read it?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I assume you know when someone is being sarcastic?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I would accept four years of Trump to hear that, but not four more of Obama or the first four of Clinton. But yeah...it will be Hell regardless.
edit on 9/19/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

Not a fan of the pope or Obama

Neither am I.

They are both more political leaders than anything else.

Just think there enough shiz and failure to focus on with Obama , important issues than to waste time on silly little fake outraged like this.

The state Obama left Libya in? His complete screw up of your healthcare?

Hell the fact made the already crap US healthcare system crapper is a amazing feat of fail on his part.

edit on 19-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Probably just as many times as you continue to espouse the notion that you have some insight into the inner workings of a rather large group of people's brains while simultaneously blowing off arguments that disagree with your assertions.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This reminds me of how right-wingers all of a sudden care about the poor when it comes to spending money on anything they're against.

Also from the sound of it, the conservative propaganda machine is far more concerned than the Vatican is.

The Guardian - Vatican: White House is 'smarter' than playing politics with reception guest list

A Vatican official has said the White House was “smart enough” to know it ought not to try to embarrass Pope Francis at a planned welcome reception for the pontiff next week that will include several guests – including a transgender woman and gay activists – whose presence highlights some of the church’s exclusionary policies.

The Vatican official – who asked not to be identified – said that officials in Rome were not “overly concerned” that the White House guest list for the pope’s welcome party in Washington included guests that could be considered controversial for the church.

But the person added that it would be the White House, not the Holy See, that would find it embarrassing if the welcome party, which will partly be held on the South Lawn and will include 15,000 guests, looked like a political stunt.

edit on 2015-9-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

Not a fan of the pope or Obama

Neither am I.

They are both more political leaders than anything else.

Just think there enough shiz and failure to focus on with Obama , important issues than to waste time on silly little fake outraged like this.

The state Obama left Libya in? He's complete screw up of your healthcare?

True there are, but I don't have a problem with the thread.

Just another in a long list of examples of Obama using people as PROPS to push his agenda.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not much I can do to resolve that then. But yeah...I form opinions from the actions and inactions of others, by their words vs their actions and much more. I can usually spot a liar quickly and can fairly easily uncover someone whose views are opposite of mine. No...not a fact, just an opinion. But sometimes, that is all you get and you have to base a position upon that belief. In this case, I have no doubt. But that doesn't mean I'm right.

My wife once said to me during an argument..."You always think you're right". I responded..."Well, yeah. Why would I say something I thought was wrong". She didn't seem to like that response.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Have to be subbed to read the story.

I'm sorry... but that's weird... it comes up for me just fine. Here's the gist of it:

On the eve of Pope Francis’s arrival in the U.S., the Vatican has taken offense at the Obama administration’s decision to invite to the pope’s welcome ceremony transgender activists, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop and an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia.

According to a senior Vatican official, the Holy See worries that any photos of the pope with these guests at the White House welcoming ceremony next Wednesday could be interpreted as an endorsement of their activities.

The White House didn’t respond to requests for comment on the Vatican’s reaction to the ceremony’s guest list. White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters Thursday he was unaware of the names of individuals on the guest list, but cautioned against drawing any conclusions on specific guests “because there will be 15,000 other people there too.”

Why is is automatically an insult and not just an attempt to have some dialogue with the pope about things he may not agree with?

One -- because it is not a working meeting or conference; it is a "welcome ceremony," and these people are not "welcoming" to the Pope. Two -- Because Obama knows this, so Obama is doing exactly the opposite of "honoring" the guest of honor. Three -- because it's not "automatic" on my part, I had read the article I linked to, so I already knew that the Pope had not agreed to any dialogue about things he does not agree with.

This pope is pretty progressive, think he will be ok and not insulted.

I'm sure the Pope will be awesome! (And no, I'm not Catholic). I seriously doubt the Pope will take it personally, and therefore will not be "insulted," because that's just not who he is.

As far as the OP -- Obama and his actions and his purposes, not the Popes -- I do believe that's who Obama is. Obama takes everything personally, is easily offended and insulted, and will return the favor as he sees fit and proper. It gives me no pleasure to say that, much less think that, but I do.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Thank you! And well said.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

HAVANA (AP) — Pope Francis begins a 10-day trip to Cuba and the United States on Saturday, embarking on his first trip to the onetime Cold War foes after helping to nudge forward their historic rapprochement. He will be offering a show of solidarity with Cubans and making clear that Hispanics in the United States are the bedrock of the American church.

apnews.myway.com...

Well I feel left out, and INSULTED.

I'm straight,white, and not an Obama supporter.

I really do think the Popes' people just feigned outrage about the list, and pretty much obvious here there is collusion going on.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No we just act like we know all about what obama does and why he does it.
Doesn't mean it is true.
It seems actually that obama could care less what others think of him IMO, he is arrogant as all hell.

Would the idea be that the Pope some how offended Obama and this is his getting back at him?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I really do think the Popes' people just feigned outrage about the list, and pretty much obvious here there is collusion going on.

Wait, didn't you act outraged about this too?

And what is wrong with the Pope saying what he thinks is the foundation of the religion?
He isn't that far off I think.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

uhmmm... why do the right wingers care?

I thought they hated this Pope.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join