It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neither does the pope.

Take that same 'guest' list and put them in front of an IMAM how yall think that would go down ?

This is the made up part, asking about something that hasn't or isn't planned to happen.

Again, they don't get invited to our nation to tour it giving speeches.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Depends on the panters, not all are the radicals that they get painted.
Would be awkward sure, but if the point was for dialogue then not sure there would be a problem.

We are drifting at this point though, getting into to many hypotheticals.

Agreed...if this was a meeting to help ease differences, that would be perfectly fine. But it isn't and I still believe it is an insult, in my opinion, to the invited guest.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Nope...Obama is a childish and vindictive person. I'm convinced this was intentional, but it is just my opinion.

It was.

No if Obama was 'sincere' there he would have the pope, and muslim leaders there too.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So

Take that same 'guest' list and put them in front of an IMAM how yall think that would go down ?

Or does Obama just love singling out us 'evil' christians?

Though I agree with many that the Pope doesn't mind I think you hit the nail on the head that Obama would not do the same to other groups that seem to be on his "friends list" that he might have at the White House.

edit on 19-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is the made up part, asking about something that hasn't or isn't planned to happen.

Of course it hasn't happened, or never will happen because the Potus is too busy singling out them evil christians.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Agreed...if this was a meeting to help ease differences, that would be perfectly fine.

What makes you think it isn't?

Seems like the simpler answer then Obama biting his thumb at the Pope.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Like inviting a Planned Parenthood leader to a get-together with a handful of anti-abortionists?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So we're going to manufacture outrage and get offended on behalf of somebody who very likely isn't offended himself?

How liberal minded of the right wing.

Doubt very seriously if the pope is even a little sussed about this guest list. And as for the whole "you don't invite people who hate the guest and may cause a problem" angle: so what if they do? I suspect the pope has both a) quite an ability to handle himself in any discussion and b) infinitely more patience than any of the people on the guest list. So who winds up looking like a jackass here? The person who loses their crap and tries to pick a fight, or the guy who sits there and let's them work themselves into a lather?

I'm not referring to the opinion of the Pope on the matter or how he may handle it if need be...I'm talking about it being insulting that our President would intentionally invite these people as a tactic meant to insult the Pope. There was no other reason to invite these people.

So it's insulting to you that somebody else got invited to a gathering where somebody who isn't you is the guest of honor? And on top of that, you're not invited to the gathering to begin with?

Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What makes you think it isn't?

Seems like the simpler answer then Obama biting his thumb at the Pope.

Or flavor of the week...Got to have a couple of transgenders at your party these days to truly say it was a successful one...lol

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well then you don't have to worry about the guest list being in front of the IMAM and how it will go.
You can rest easy now.

I guess the pope coming to our nation is an example Obama's hatred right?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well, from the illogic of your arguments, and the manufactured propaganda nature of your source... I think you can guess what I think of your opinion/agenda. Have a good one regardless.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't be confused. This has nothing to do with the Pope. This is all about Obama the bad man.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes...you are 100% correct. I have this magic ability to look at what someone else does and even though I'm not directly involved, realize that they are doing something underhanded. Call it a gift.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Don't be confused. This has nothing to do with the Pope. This is all about Obama the bad man.

You are also right...it has nothing to do with the Pope. It has EVERYTHING to do with the actions and motive of Obama. Absolutely.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That... is about the truest thing that has been said on this thread. Just more right wing propaganda to fan flames that need not even exist.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Please read in larry's voice for desired effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Like inviting a Planned Parenthood leader to a get-together with a handful of anti-abortionists?

Close...Like having a Right to Life person as the guess of honer but fill the rest up with abortion doctors...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

If by "gift" you mean look at something you have no factual or inside knowledge of and interpret it in a manner of your own choosing, then yes, YOU are 100% correct.

Calling this underhanded is nothing more than your opinion.

Nothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Please read in larry's voice for desired effect.

Can't read it any other way...hehe I work with a software engineer with a heavy eastern accent and everyone of his emails has that accent...lol

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I can hardly wait for Putin to visit the Whitehouse!

It ought to be a hoot when Obama invites the Pussy Riot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join