It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You may have read the title and immediately thought "Why?", and my answer is because my God is everything. Anything you can think of is a part of my God, from the smallest particles interacting with one another, to the waves splashing up onto the beach, to our star that orbits the center of the Milky Way, and beyond. Everything is of God, all of existence, including you and I as well. There is nothing that is not a part of my God.

I use the word God only to convey my point, but what I really want to call it is the ALL. My God is ALL in ALL.

Why is my God greater than yours? Because nothing is greater than ALL there is. My God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and any other "omni" you can think of. He/She is everything from the invisible to the visible, there is nothing that my God is not. Religious gods are separate from creation, my God IS creation and anything that is not part of creation as well.

What is greater than existence itself? Think of the unfathomable complexity of the universe, think of its perfection. Everything acts as it should, even if we don't fully understand those actions yet. This is God's kingdom and that kingdom lies within every single one of us. The universe is perfection realized and God is perfect in every way. You cannot have good without bad, big without small, up without down... all of these things, even the ones we do not like, are a testament to the perfection of the ALL.

Where is my God? Everywhere and at every point in time. Look at what you see and you will find God, you will find the ALL. Nothing compares to what we experience in this moment because there is nothing else to compare it to, this moment is all that exists and all that will ever exist.

You are a part of God, you are experiencing God's story right now. Though you only inhabit a tiny slice of this story at any one time, this is not the only slice you will ever experience because God is immortal and so to are you ultimately because you are a part of the ALL.

We need to stop looking outside of ourselves to find God because God never left us, we've only lost sight of Him/Her through fables and tall tales created within the minds of men to distract us from what is happening presently. God's will is free will and we act out his will with the choices we make every day, whether good or bad, wrong or indifferent.

I hope you will find it within yourself to seek out the ALL because it is right here waiting for you. Thank you for reading, much love to all of you.

edit on 8/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No mines better she is a monkey.
If yours is better then mine does that mean there are many gods?.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No, because mine is yours too! Mine is everything remember? Even your blasphemous she-monkey.

edit on 8/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

God?

What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

She will rule oh yes and she will not monkey around anymore!
The time of the monkey is here and im her phrophet
I do agree god is everything just a bit busy with other stuff at the moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

One that allows free-will I suppose. Now I'm sounding religious aren't I? Dammit!

Take a look at THIS thread. I think you're suffering from religi-itis. You're thinking of God in religious terms.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I fully understand your passion and motivation for your god. Respect for standing by it.
I believe in a God. Probably nothing like yours or exactly the same I don't know but it always raises a question for me when I hear people talk of god.
Do you believe there is something in between or are we the most intelligent and most advanced life entity created. Are we the closest life to god.
I know its strange but most belief in a god is ego thing.
The reason I asked is if there is more intelligent life out there then discovery of it would make us value lesser life forms than us. At the moment because of god and the thought we are divine is causing us to de value all life forms because we are the only life with the right to god.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Nothing is a lesser life form in my view, all of it is on equal ground. Realizing everything is God makes me value all life equally and in very high regard. To hurt another life form is to hurt myself. I know what pain feels like, I do not want pain in my life so why would I bring it to someone or something else's life?

All of life is sacred, I do not think of myself as better than anything else, nor should anyone else.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

God?

What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

A God that allows freewill allows humans to make their own choices even if they are wrong. There is nothing to learn and nothing to be gained if we are simply following the rules.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sorry if you misunderstood. I wasn't having a pop. I was trying to ask if we are the pinnacle of gods creation so far. I know my god grows and develops life slowly. Are we still developing and if so are we leading the development race, as a life form.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My believe is that my god made the energy that sustains life and is a life in its own right. If you can understand the definition of life does not nearly go far enough in its premise then you can value the mountains as a life form and the water as a life form. All be it with limited laws and intelligence but most important no free will.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Seems pretty vague and lazy tbh, there's literally no difference between what you're proposing and something that doesn't exist.

Give some specifics!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't know about that.... I'm a Frisbeeterian, we believe that when you die your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it off.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You said your god is better than anyone else's.

Anything you can think of is a part of my God,

So others are your god, too. How can your god be better than your god?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In my earlier post, the above post, I was stating the simple fact there is no "god".

Why would a god allow 'ISIS'? Why would god allow 'The Nazis'?

Why does god allow the crimes he allows?

I know because he allows free will. (rolling my eyes).

If....."IF" there is a god then why does he allow the innocent, the faithful, the children to be murdered?

"Because god acts in mysterious ways."

What I find mysterious is the people who suffer for a lie.
edit on 12-8-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If that's the case, I could really use you putting in a good word for me, alright? `

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How can we have free will if humans are constantly being punished by God for being human.

If we don't honor God in the right fashion we are doomed to hell fire and eternal damnation.

Ruling by fear and intimidation, isn't my idea of "free will"

I prefer another type of God.....uh oh...."Burn the heretic" "Burn him"

edit on 12-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Because to experience goodness there gas to be badness.
Yin and yang, the tao, the force.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Okay so it is imperative I kill a good person in order to save an evil person?

The "logic" makes no sense which is where the word nonsense became relevant.

Religion is "nonsense" it is an excuse to make bad decisions.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i've come to the conclusion, well let me put it this way....

A religious man spent all his days searching for the meaning of life. He went to Tibet to ask the monks, he went to Rome to ask the Pope, he searched all religions his entire life to master theology. He spent 80 years searching everywhere and asking all leaders of every denomination he can find, but sadly never found his answer. When he finally passed in his sleep, he appeared at the pearly gates of heaven where he was met by Gabriel. He asks the angel if he can have a word with god and is ultimately allowed to speak with the all mighty. Alas, his moment has come as he approaches the creator of the universe to ask his life long question for an answer he was never able to receive. "God?" he asks, "what is the meaning of life?" God turns to him and laughs... IT'S A JOKE MAN, IT'S ONLY A JOKE

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join