It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My God Is Greater Than Yours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

so you think all spiritual people think god is a white bearded man in the sky?

I'm not sure what sort of logic leads you to ask this question, but I'll answer anyways.

Not just a bearded man, but a whole host of ridiculous notions—take your pick—they make very little sense, are arbitrary, disregard truth entirely, or are the result of those who seek their own advantage.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

so "your" god is actually humanity and the whole universe - not some separate entity such as the x-ian god?

I think this is what is known as Pantheism?

If that is the case then I apologise for confusing your position with the judeo-xian-islamic god.

But I still see no actual evidence for its existence in any significant manner - we are such a miniscule part of the universe that it doesn't matter what we do, the pantheistic god of the universe gets along just fine.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ok then, the banana in my kitchen isn't every single banana in the world, so I guess that means it's no longer a banana and isn't made of the same stuff as every other banana.

Try explaining to yourself how because a banana isn't all bananas it is no longer a banana. Just try and discuss it with yourself for just a little while.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

so "your" god is actually humanity and the whole universe - not some separate entity such as the x-ian god?

I think this is what is known as Pantheism?

If that is the case then I apologise for confusing your position with the judeo-xian-islamic god.

But I still see no actual evidence for its existence in any significant manner - we are such a miniscule part of the universe that it doesn't matter what we do, the pantheistic god of the universe gets along just fine.

No apologies necessary.

And I am not much concerned with labels, such as pantheism. As soon as a label is given, limitations are set. So if one considers himself a "pantheist," or "conservative," or "Christian," (or any one of the countless denominations within Christianity), he is then forced to automatically reject anything, no matter how viable, that does not fall within the confines of his label. Self-labels can only result in a rejection of new and higher Truth. All higher octaves of Truth are established by merging an already existing Truth into a newer revelation, thereby eradicating the previous Truth through transformation. (This is obviously paradoxical.)

Self-labels do not allow this to happen, which is why the Christian institution is divided into thousands of denominations, which looks foolish to the world.

Thus, religion is the primary tool (among many) that the enslaving Matrix-manipulators (yes, they are real) use to keep man blinded to his predicament of entombment.

Christ is every man.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Well God's only intent is free will, he is not a conscious entity that dolls out judgement as is commonly believed. The only judgement that is given is in the consequences of our actions. That's his only form of judgement if you can even call it that.

God is not omnipotent in the religious sense, he is omnipotent in the realistic sense. Even God must abide by his own rules. God can do anything within the systems that allow such things, at least in the physical realm. God is unlimited in the realm of the mind. Try meditation, that's where you can create only good things if you wish it to be so.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We are human - we label things, it is our nature.

And it sounds to me now like you are doing a bit of cherry picking between christianity and pantheism with "Christ is every man" - at the very least there is nothing I am aware of in christianity that supports that concept.

edit on 12-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well God's only intent is free will, he is not a conscious entity that dolls out judgement as is commonly believed.

so you say - others say otherwise.

why should I believe any of you??

The only judgement that is given is in the consequences of our actions. That's his only form of judgement if you can even call it that.

God is not omnipotent in the religious sense, he is omnipotent in the realistic sense. Even God must abide by his own rules. God can do anything within the systems that allow such things, at least in the physical realm. God is unlimited in the realm of the mind. Try meditation, that's where you can create only good things if you wish it to be so.

again....so you say.....

and it all looks like nothing more than post hoc justification to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Don't take my word for it, it's foolish to take anyone's words at face value, what really leads to truth is ones own willingness to search for it themselves. Unfortunately most people are content with what others tell them or just content with not knowing and refuse to search.

But yes, it is what you claim, it is "so I say"... but that doesn't make it any less true though. But like I said, don't just take my word for it, search for yourself.
edit on 8/12/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I was using your logic. Pretty confusing isn't it?

My point was that everything is made of atoms so everything is the same. A banana is a banana no matter which one it is just as we are atoms no matter what form we come in.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well I've searched for "the truth" - and have come to eth conclusion that people are very imaginative with their need to fill in gaps where they would otherwise be forced to admit "I don't know".

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

How is this happening? Life I mean. I don't know.

I have no issue with admitting that I don't know, in my opinion some questions cannot be answered. But I do know what I know, even if it's not everything.

I like how Kansas put it: "And if I claim to be a wise man. Well, it surely means that I don't know."

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If you can admit all the things you don't know then there is no need for any god.

If you have a god then you have a need to explain something - I don't know what - rather than admit ignorance of that particular issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I disagree. Just because you believe in God (whatever form it may be, mine being existence itself) doesn't mean you have a need to explain everything. My God doesn't exactly explain every detail of itself, at least not in a technical sense. We're working toward understanding it through science though, but there's one thing that will always evade science's grasp, that of consciousness. Science explains what can be observed. How do you observe what is observing? That has no answer, at least not one we will ever find.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

your opinion is noted.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No mines better she is a monkey.
If yours is better then mine does that mean there are many gods?.

NO; only one that is perceived (by someone) greater than yours.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

God?
What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

A God that is so Loving will not only allow but actually created EVIL to express itself. God is SO huge in its tolerance/compassion can allow that little upstart pipsqueak to exist.
edit on 12-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well God's only intent is free will, he is not a conscious entity that dolls out judgement as is commonly believed. The only judgement that is given is in the consequences of our actions. That's his only form of judgement if you can even call it that.

Free will. No human has free will. It is by Gods will humans parrot its planned growth. The paradigm is set; humans act out God's will whether they are aware of it or not. There is a plan here (trust me) to profligate the species. No negotiation; this system must be profitable to exact growth and change for the betterment of the human and supporting ecosystems (flora/fauna/insect); earth can take care of itself; and is laughing at you (not happy about the plastics).

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

so why bother?

If there is an end point to the plan, and no actual free will, then why not just create the end point??

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

God?
What god allows child molestation, war, homicide, what god kills?

# your god.

A God that is so Loving will not only allow but actually created EVIL to express itself. God is SO huge in its tolerance/compassion can allow that little upstart pipsqueak to exist.

That doesn't even make sense as a sentence.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: vethumanbeing

so why bother?
If there is an end point to the plan, and no actual free will, then why not just create the end point??

No end point plan. This system is based upon 'profitability'. How long can it sustain itself without imploding. Many civilizations have undergone the same experiment (appear to have failed). You would not understand this but they continue; as there is no such thing as linear time outside of this Earth environs. All exists at the same moment outside of the linear and continues to exist. This experiment is based in heavy matter 3D linear. There is no human free will; as all humans (as god particles) exacting Gods will. You are it and it is you; one and the same. No one wants the experiment to end; it must be profitable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join