It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Single GREATEST Invention of ALL TIME?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: bananashooter

The cop out is that people think they can just throw any old invention out there and in their opinion have it be the greatest. Without any debate, there is one invention nobody has said that supersedes all of them...try to figure it out...don't give up yet, somewhere out there, somebody else has the answer...

It is their opinion right?

So, why try to debate something they have already stated as their opinion.

I do not get the point of your thread at all.

You are coming across as very condescending and truth be told, a bit of a know it all.

Why not just start a thread stating your opinion on the greatest invention and then let others debate your opinion. That way, you may not come across as such a jerky McJerk know it all.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The single greatest invention is an original thought. Nothing else could have been invented without it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Actually, the correct answer exists within your question. The concept of TIME is the best invention created by the reasoning man. Those little brown people living in the Amazon rain forest and in the jungles of Borneo have absolutely no concept of time as we perceive it. It is entirely man made and does not exist in the universe but only here on this planet based on mans observation of the planets rotation and revolution around the sun.. Would you feel as old or young as you do if you had no clue as to your age? Have you ever asked a person for directions to someplace and then ask them how far away it is and they respond back not in distance which is actually linear time based but the amount of cyclic time it takes to go there from where they are at and then you wonder how the frigging fast you have to go to get there in that cyclic length of time? Is that by vehicle traveling the legal speed limit? On a bicycle? Walking? Every other man made invention that has been proposed could not have been invented if the inventor did not know how much time it took to do a certain step in producing that product as the end result. Think about it but of course don't waste time doing so...You have only a certain amount of it to use..
edit on 9-8-2015 by blindedbybelief because: No rational reason to give...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Lighten Up people, you act like I stole your candy. The OP was my creation. I invented it. With the help of ATS I presented it and with the input of members it has been facilitated.

I did not shoot down, nor was i being condescending. The condescension has been in some of the responses to me.

All I heard was how ridiculous I have been in the way I presented my OP and the way I responded. I have been attacked and humiliated by many.

Boo Hoo to me.

THE ATOM was invented. The fact we discovered it does not mean it was not invented. The reason it is the SINGLE GREATEST INVENTION OF ALL TIME is without it none of the other inventions would even be possible. I knew that there would be someone to say there are smaller particles in the ATOM and they are right, but tell me this...who invented the ATOM?
edit on 9-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Because of this post, I now think that your OP sucks.
I did not feel 100 percent that way before.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Only read the OP and so I guess its been said by many already but its obvious - Beer.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Man's single greatest invention was actually the First Amendment which gives you the right to be wrong.

Atoms are the building block of the universe. To present them as an invention truly is a chicken or the egg scenario because mankind, itself, is composed of atoms.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I've been thinking. Books are a great invention. They help you to learn and some are doorways into countless worlds. You can travel without leaving your own home.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Man's single greatest invention was actually the First Amendment which gives you the right to be wrong.

Atoms are the building block of the universe. To present them as an invention truly is a chicken or the egg scenario because mankind, itself, is composed of atoms.

In the course of this lifetime, there have many inventions. Everyone has their own opinion about one particular invention as being the GREATEST; I have mine and I will share it with you at some point. I want to know what YOU think is the most unbelievable creation we have witnessed and are using, currently, every day.

Tell the ATS members and guests your opinion and why you think that invention is the Greatest of all time. If the one you think is the one I think, I will tell you.

Electricity? Internet? Television? Artificial heart? Computers? Light bulbs? Umbrellas? Locks? Keys? Screen doors? Solar panels?
Air conditioners? Engines? Furnaces? Dams? Cars? Planes? Trains?

Obviously, the list could be in the millions and many of these inventions were created using other inventions, so, whichever you chose to anoint as the GREATEST must include along with it those that helped or were used to facilitate said invention.

Yes and mankind did not invent the atom and the inventor of the atom is the same inventor of the universe and the same inventor of the atom is the inventor of the human condition.

Thank you for proving my point. Thank goodness for the creator of the 1st amendment who also happens to be made up completely of atoms.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote, nowhere do I specify MAN. I, also said any invention should include those that helped or were used to facilitate.

People read what they want to read rather than actually what is written.

The inventor of the ATOM is the greatest mystery never to be solved. Chicken and the egg? Certainly is.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

In the course of this lifetime, there have many inventions. Everyone has their own opinion about one particular invention as being the GREATEST; I have mine and I will share it with you at some point. I want to know what YOU think is the most unbelievable creation we have witnessed and are using, currently, every day.

Tell the ATS members and guests your opinion and why you think that invention is the Greatest of all time. If the one you think is the one I think, I will tell you.

Electricity? Internet? Television? Artificial heart? Computers? Light bulbs? Umbrellas? Locks? Keys? Screen doors? Solar panels?
Air conditioners? Engines? Furnaces? Dams? Cars? Planes? Trains?

Obviously, the list could be in the millions and many of these inventions were created using other inventions, so, whichever you chose to anoint as the GREATEST must include along with it those that helped or were used to facilitate said invention.

Yes and mankind did not invent the atom and the inventor of the atom is the same inventor of the universe and the same inventor of the atom is the inventor of the human condition.

Thank you for proving my point. Thank goodness for the creator of the 1st amendment who also happens to be made up completely of atoms.

Perhaps you should read what I wrote, nowhere do I specify MAN. I, also said any invention should include those that helped or were used to facilitate.

People read what they want to read rather than actually what is written.

The inventor of the ATOM is the greatest mystery never to be solved. Chicken and the egg? Certainly is.

So who invented the inventor of the Atom? Wouldnt that be a greater invention??

Or better yet, who invented the parts that makes up an atom??

Like someone else said, the greatest invention is the question mark "?", the ability to ask a question "what will happen if we do this?" without it, we wouldnt be having this conversation

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Lighten Up people, you act like I stole your candy. The OP was my creation. I invented it. With the help of ATS I presented it and with the input of members it has been facilitated.

I did not shoot down, nor was i being condescending. The condescension has been in some of the responses to me.

All I heard was how ridiculous I have been in the way I presented my OP and the way I responded. I have been attacked and humiliated by many.

Boo Hoo to me.

THE ATOM was invented. The fact we discovered it does not mean it was not invented. The reason it is the SINGLE GREATEST INVENTION OF ALL TIME is without it none of the other inventions would even be possible. I knew that there would be someone to say there are smaller particles in the ATOM and they are right, but tell me this...who invented the ATOM?

But that is utter BS - it just is.
It's a cop-out.... you think you're being clever but you're not.
Inventions are things that people invented - using things available to them they make something that either didn't exist before or added to something to improve upon it etc.

The wheel, X-Ray machines, Anti-Biotics, The Television, The Bicycle.... these are all inventions.

Fire, Atoms, Air... and other things existed long before people did so they were discovered or observed, not invented.
Stop being a pompous ass, acting like you're thinking on some high, intellectual level while everyone else is digging around in the mud for crap.

You're a bore.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Going by clichéd metaphors, I'd say sliced bread.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Murphy's laws it always falls darn buttered side down

with jam?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

WINE

Best answer

add some bread to it

and we have resurrection going

Jesus ??

God ?? I am lame.. music and wine and bread that will do

but the darn atoms hmm

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The inventor of the ATOM is the greatest mystery never to be solved.

I can't believe I'm posting on this thread, but first, you need to stop defending your position that the Atom is an invention. It is not. The idea of that is immensely ridiculous.

By that way of thought you might as well say water, air, or the Earth itself. Or why stop there? The greatest 'invention' is the Universe.

Why didn't you make a thread about how much you admire atoms. I'm sure everyone would have supported the fact that atoms are super-duper.

If you are going for creationism, then you should have said so.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Agreed those means to start fire were a game changer. Appreciate your reply.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The telescope...best invention ever.

IMO

Without it, we would still be wondering what the hell keeps those bright dots of light up there...
*nods in agreement with himself*

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
wait a minute....if you are using you "clever" riddle here...why did you choose an atom as the invention? Because it was "invented" and powers all other things we could have possibly chosen...while I personally believe you are trying to mock...might I suggest that in your personal riddle that you are indeed wrong if we stick solely to your line of thinking?

An atom can be broken to electrons, protons, and neutrons...so indeed the atom is not the unavoidable particle...because something makes the atom run...and yet inside those minuscule parts are yet more minuscule parts in quarks...then what?

I would like to re-evaluate my answer...sub atomic strings are the greatest "invention" of all time....

can I have my candy back now?
edit on 11-8-2015 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Boo Hoo to me.

But that is utter BS - it just is.
It's a cop-out.... you think you're being clever but you're not.
Inventions are things that people invented - using things available to them they make something that either didn't exist before or added to something to improve upon it etc.

The wheel, X-Ray machines, Anti-Biotics, The Television, The Bicycle.... these are all inventions.

Fire, Atoms, Air... and other things existed long before people did so they were discovered or observed, not invented.
Stop being a pompous ass, acting like you're thinking on some high, intellectual level while everyone else is digging around in the mud for crap.

You're a bore.

Thank you!

That is all.
I Just thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I was going to say language, but I see that has already been stated by someone else. So i'd go farther and say books and pencils.

honorable mentions

maps
cameras
Qtips

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join