It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Single GREATEST Invention of ALL TIME?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In the course of this lifetime, there have many inventions. Everyone has their own opinion about one particular invention as being the GREATEST; I have mine and I will share it with you at some point. I want to know what YOU think is the most unbelievable creation we have witnessed and are using, currently, every day.

Tell the ATS members and guests your opinion and why you think that invention is the Greatest of all time. If the one you think is the one I think, I will tell you.

Electricity? Internet? Television? Artificial heart? Computers? Light bulbs? Umbrellas? Locks? Keys? Screen doors? Solar panels?
Air conditioners? Engines? Furnaces? Dams? Cars? Planes? Trains?

Obviously, the list could be in the millions and many of these inventions were created using other inventions, so, whichever you chose to anoint as the GREATEST must include along with it those that helped or were used to facilitate said invention.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Toilet paper!

Do you really need an explanation?
edit on 8-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The off switch

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Beer...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think that toilet paper is a waste and requires the cutting down of trees, bad for the ecology. However, if they could find a way to make it out of cotton and make it reusable...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The printing press, and all that goes with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

The off switch, how witty of you, of course without electricity there would not be one needed.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Chewing gum.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I think that toilet paper is a waste and requires the cutting down of trees, bad for the ecology. However, if they could find a way to make it out of cotton and make it reusable...

I'll bet you still use it though....

reusable toilet paper? No thanks....

edit on 8-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Beer is a good choice, how do you make beer? Requires farm implements of some kind or an aging process, beer doesn't just happen, there are some other inventions necessary, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The tv remote control

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Fire.
It kept the ancestors of many inventors from freezing to death and from being eaten by wild animals.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The printing press, and all that goes with it.

So it requires what in order to print? Ink? Electricity? Certainly, printing needs more to happen first.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Hmm. Don't think so, ask your teeth how they feel about gum, sugarless or not very bad for you. How is gum made though? What invention was necessary first for it to be invented?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Seriously, I'd go for the first rocks that were thrown - the throwing rock. They got us all the way to the moon.

More jokingly, I'll opt for Bit-Torrent clients because I do enjoy sharing*

* no copyrighted products were used in this endorsement ; )

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Actually, I do not, you are assuming facts not in evidence. What had to be invented first in order for you to have your precious toilet paper?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Probably language, without language we would not be capable of even having this discussion right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

Sure, what exactly is good about not having to get up to change the TV station? The remote promotes laziness. Also, why wouldn't the tv itself be a better choice? Still, the remote doesn't work without several key ingredients does it?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Actually, I do not, you are assuming facts not in evidence. What had to be invented first in order for you to have your precious toilet paper?

Then what do you use?

Trees....

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Seriously, I'd go for the first rocks that were thrown - the throwing rock. They got us all the way to the moon.

More jokingly, I'll opt for Bit-Torrent clients because I do enjoy sharing*

* no copyrighted products were used in this endorsement ; )

Seriously? Hardly serious. However, rocks are not an invention anyone here can lay claim to. They are pretty if used in the garden. They are deadly if thrown, so, I find it hard to believe you really think that is a great invention, seriously.
Isn't bit torrent a form of piracy? Again, regardless, there are many other inventions necessary for you to use that on your computer, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join