It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry, I edited that within a few minutes but you already had read it. I've changed it to a more accurate description, speaking from experience.

STM

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Okay, well I'm just comparing it with Texas towns like Ozona or Graham, or Abilene. If someone like Leslie were to hang out conspicuously in one of those towns, she would have been drug out of town behind someone's pick up truck.

Austin has been a liberal town since at least the 1970's, I don't care what anybody says, and I'm proud of that fact.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When the entire system comes crashing down I guarantee you that Texas will be one of the very few places left where you will be able to continue to live in relative normalcy.

If you think little of Texas and Texans then it's only because you haven't been here...

The economy is strong & the people are stronger - God bless Texas.
edit on 1-8-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Please forgive me if i am wrong but i thought that Texas had reserved the right to leave the union and form 12 separate states if they chose to .
Is this not the same thing ? .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

That doesn't mean it will happen.

My point is that Texas needs the rest of the country, just as the rest of the country needs Texas.
It won't pull out of the USA.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No you are not. You are speaking from what you read online.

Not all of california is like that.

Maybe far up north but down south it isn't even close .
Do you live here like I do?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I sure hope they do, and I hope they take the rest of the Southern States with them.

(for completely different reasons than the "progressives" of course)

edit on 1-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
See ya!

Don't mind us if we build a fence to keep you out.

Sure. Don't build one for the illegals getting across, but put one up right away for Texans.

lolz

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
oh please let this happen...I can't wait for them to leave the US....it would be like popping a zit and letting it heal

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
This is an updated story from earlier in The Huff Post and is dated today Aug 01, 2015. I had earlier this morning found this story in an AOL link, but it has now disappeared.
Texas Nationalist Movement has a petition for Texas secession an now qualifies for a response from the White House. www.huffingtonpost.com...< br /> The The Texas petition reads:

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's (sic) citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Lets see how much of a balanced budget you have when you need to make your own tanks, jets and ships.....let alone supply a standing army. These are the things that a central government provides and in multitude and force.
If Texas were to remove themselves from the Union, it would fail. It cannot defend itself against the US armed forces not can it supply the food required for its Citizens to survive.

Now, having said that, what the real question will be is that if Texas leaves the union, who else will follow suit? Who will bolster the newly independent Texas with other supplies they will need like food? I can see a Central section of States following suit. You get the corn belt and now you have a strong 2nd union of states.

Interesting to think about.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Most U.S. presidents were from the state of Texas! Maybe Texas should take a lot of the blame for the loss of rights and liberties of U.S. citizens. Their native son George W. had a major role in taking rights and liberties away by instituting the Patriot Act!

I think, iirc, only two presidents, Eisenhower and Lyndon Johnson, were from Texas. The Bushes were from New England although they established business and political careers in Texas.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Even if I don't live in Texas, can I sign it? I'll even hold the door open so it doesn't hit them on the ass on the way out.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Jeb Bush was born in Texas.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Don't think they'd have too much to worry about.

Anything that couldn't be manufactured in Texas (which wouldn't be much) would end up being provided by the US government anyway in exchange for oil...pretty sure that's the standard arrangement for most oil producing countries.

Army wouldn't be a problem either...Texas has more people proficient with firearms then probably the entire rest of the country combined.

Oklahoma, Kansas & Louisiana would probably join Texas if it came down to it...they're tied to the economy here fairly tightly.

Of course, it wouldn't really be necessary...Texas has tons of farmland...plenty to feed it's populations.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Austin is a very diverse culture, but there was a lot of "weird" way before the Californians started moving here. I mean, come on- Hippie Hollow, Eyeore's annual birthday party, the famous homeless cross dresser Leslie - just name a few. These aren't examples of conservative virtues.

Just because they are weird doesnt mean they arent conservative....

But yes Austin was weird before Californians lol

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Love the unity the USA is showing to each other.....just show how unified and loving all the states are too each other

smh.... it has nothing to do with "other states". It has to do with an out of control federal government.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I hope they get to do it.

A wonderful example of independence.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: queenofswords

Jeb Bush was born in Texas.

Was he? If he wins, that will make only three. I would rather see Perry than Bush if I had to choose a Texan.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ha let them go they will come crawling back in no time lol!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wow, can't believe what I am reading. People really saying, be glad when Texas leaves or we will be better off without them. Joking or not about this garbage talk is unneeded. I currently live in Texas, I have lived in Ohio, DC and many other places in the US. The people here are just as awesome as other Americans elsewhere in this great country. Why throw all this divisive talk out here on ATS, no need for it, grow up. As a nation we are better together than fighting and arguing about stupid sh*^ stereotyping images. I hear people in New York are jerks, does that mean they all are, doubt it, all areas have issues and little quirks but I for one would not want any State in this Republic to leave, we are great and I am proud to be a Texan but even prouder to be an American. We are all on the same team so shut up and lets get this union back on track.
Sorry for the rant.

Stone

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join