It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Texas won't leave the USA unless the US crumbles into chaos,
we're not there yet,
so Texas won't go anywhere.

I see this pop up ever so often,
nothing comes of it,
Alaskan's do the same.

*shrug*

My personal opinion, if you don't want to be a part of the USA, there is a border to the north and south,
pick one and cross it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

What it is now with Federal support is not what it would be without.

Compensated by the fact that there would then be higher prices for our goods and trade agreements were Texas to secede
Again as mentioned above we have huge industries and lead other states in those industries.......
If Texas seceded, there would be negotiations and prices changes to access those goods and services you can bet
Not only that Texas wouldnt be beholden to being Taxed from Washington
on the contrary were it to happen (which it wont) I believe many companies would Flood to Texas as fast as they could to get out from under the Tax codes , and not have to go over seas

Plus their little mini Kingdom would be so cute with their mighty enthroned leader no doubt.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19644415]Darkblade7...agree with ya....hey
we still have graduate from jade helm 15...first huh?!!
remember how it was in high school....can't wait till we graduate...
nope, that's not exactly it....can't wait to see if we graduate.../.. ya better

edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Violater1

Good luck.. the civil war clearly resolved the question on the ability of states to leave the union.

Nah, the Civil War was all about slavery.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Violater1

Not really. Before the formal organization of the Continental Army, it was the farmers and independents that were kicking the butt's of the then British army.

Ah Texas education coming into play.

Actually is was not exactly a case of the lone marksmen winning the war.

It was only Lexington and Concord were that happened and even then it was more down to the ROE the Redcoats were under than the Patriots themselves. They were only meant to be on a routine search and seizure of weapons, no fighting had broken out and the army sent out was under junior officers, when you guys took a pot shot at them no one knew what to do and it ended up a chaotic retreat.

After that the war was really decided between the regulars and even then it was the French that proved decisive.

My apologies for bringing up the old facts that gained the independence of this once great, no, Greatest Nation on the planet. I don't think you will ever appreciate nor understand my Great Respect for the people of the UK. I have trained and participated next them them on several occasions. I note that you are from the UK. Therefore you have no dog in this fight. As for your uncongenial comments regarding Texas education, your above comment, is rife with run-on sentences, and void of correct punctuation!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Nah, the Civil War was all about slavery.

Best post in this thread!

Here, have a drink of your choice.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

My apologies for bringing up the old facts that gained the independence of this once great, no, Greatest Nation on the planet.

Not exactly facts as I pointed out. We really need a history forum. The victory you gained at the start of the war were many down to poor command and leadership of the British army. Not lone untrained marksmen.

I note that you are from the UK. Therefore you have no dog in this fight.

Well You Americans stirred the pot last year with the Scottish referendum so thought I would return the favor.

As for your uncongenial comments regarding Texas education, your above comment, is rife with run-on sentences, and void of correct punctuation!

Well Im writing on a Ipad quickly. If I was writing a scientific paper things would be different, but im not.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Austin is a very diverse culture, but there was a lot of "weird" way before the Californians started moving here. I mean, come on- Hippie Hollow, Eyeore's annual birthday party, the famous homeless cross dresser Leslie - just name a few. These aren't examples of conservative virtues.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Then after that, maybe Mexico will take Texas back. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If this actually happens...not only will I be happy, but I will do everything possible to gain residence in Texas. America is in the crapper. At least Texas wouldn't be too dramatic of a move, while getting me and my family out of the liberal BS shoved down our throats. Good luck Texas...and someone send me some real estate brochures.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Americans calling out your punctuation when they spell and say words the way they want. From an outsiders point of view then Texans are the true Americans the rest of the world loves to hate. I cant wait for them to invade each other and then they might leave the policing of the world alone. Who will become the new MEXICANS the Texans or New Americans. Its laughable. Talk about rats leaving a sinking ship.
Lets hope the next super power is a little more co-operative and not so full of disillusioned power mad oligarchs.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
2015’s States Most & Least Dependent on the Federal Government

Didn't see this posted but my phone misses pages sometimes. Anyway...interesting reading and page all around. Texas is right smack dab in the middle.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Most U.S. presidents were from the state of Texas! Maybe Texas should take a lot of the blame for the loss of rights and liberties of U.S. citizens. Their native son George W. had a major role in taking rights and liberties away by instituting the Patriot Act!

link   
Texas can stand on its own,I wonder what the lack of income tax revenue would do to the rest of the Union?No to mention oil and refinerys.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Austin is a very diverse culture, but there was a lot of "weird" way before the Californians started moving here. I mean, come on- Hippie Hollow, Eyeore's annual birthday party, the famous homeless cross dresser Leslie - just name a few. These aren't examples of conservative virtues.

Lol, I'm a conservative/independent and I've been to Hippie Hollow, Eyeore's party and used to stop and chat with Leslie all the time! Are you saying only liberals like to be off-beat? Seriously? Oh, and I even have an organic garden, shame on me for not fitting your stereotype, right? I care about the environment and for years I helped the homeless. But then in your blinders on world only liberals do that? LOL.

STM

ETA: And Californians' aren't weird, they're anal, everything has to be PC and everyone should be in therapy due to being offended by everything.
edit on 1-8-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Lol you use RT and conservative tree house to show how cnn lies?!
Oh and some ones blog.
Fantastic.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Most U.S. presidents were from the state of Texas! Maybe Texas should take a lot of the blame for the loss of rights and liberties of U.S. citizens. Their native son George W. had a major role in taking rights and liberties away by instituting the Patriot Act!

George W. was born in New Haven, CT.

STM

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Two words - Hoax bin

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So would they be a country then?

Yeah, probably so, although it wouldn't be much of a country once we take back every piece of state equipment, all military hardware and state owned infrastructure...After all we "Muricans" paid for all that. C'ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Just thought of something. Perhaps Texas goes and we see if Cuba wants in...No changing the flag.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Strange I live in CA and never felt like I was surrounded by nazis...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join