It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

As far as I know, that's all correct. Texas is also the biggest leach when it comes to billions in federal disaster relief. Just a couple months ago the Governor was asking for more money.

Indeed but I also addressed that earlier.......

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluvI was curious to see a ton of signatures from people not even in Texas. That seems a little disingenuous to me.

They probably thought thought they were voting Texas off the island?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Shhhh! Let them go! Then, when they realize that they've bitten the hand that fed them, they'll become illegal immigrants, we can call them all kind of names and say they're all rapists and criminals and stuff!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Texas > the other 49 bitches

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Love the unity the USA is showing to each other.....just show how unified and loving all the states are too each other

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

That may be, but as the numbers grow it may force Texas to have a real referendum.

I wish we had referendums in Texas. I'd like to see this one go to the ballot box; if for no other reason than to show that those who wish to secede are a very small minority.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
This is so silly. Nothing else in the news today? Texas will not secede, and will never try. Short of this country and our form of government being destroyed, Texas is in it for the long haul.

Agreed, but this kind of stuff usually pops up around election time.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Love the unity the USA is showing to each other.....just show how unified and loving all the states are too each other

How's that unity in the United Kingdom workin for ya? Lol

link   

originally posted by: Bovah2
Texas > the other 49 bitches

link   

Who funds that aeronautic industry? Oh yeah the federal government

you forget Aeronautics isnt just gov aircraft, its also craft for the airlines that pulse through the whole country.....

Who pays subsidies to these farmers? Oh yeah the federal government.

how much do you think the gov would negotiate when suddenly all of these services were GONE, and they had to deal with the fact that they have to deal on TEXAS terms if they want our goods and services?

Who pays for this hardware to be built and who buys it? Oh yeah the federal government.

again, if that were to suddenly go away ........

You dont seriously think that the gov would just stop paying industry in Texas do you? They cant just lose all that comes out of Texas, no , theyll have to negotiate......

And even if they didnt, again we have the 12th largest economy, on what we PRODUCE, in the world as it stands.....

If they were to secede, those prices would go up, guaranteed

Still it will never happen
edit on 8/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I wish they would or could.

link   
Just give Texas back to Mexico!

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

What it is now with Federal support is not what it would be without.

Why not? If those federal tax dollars went directly to Texas, rather than to the feds and then back to Texas, how is that different? Texas would have had even more of a surplus.

Cheers - Dave

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Well its been going since 1707 and no civil war yet

edit on 1-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Let me address it this way. Texas is an important part of the US collective. But Texas could not survive alone.

It doesn't have the infrastructure in place to govern itself outside of federal influence, it could not defend itself without assistance and many of the qualities that Texas does have is propped-up with federal monies.

But It will not secede. This is just fantasy for nutbags.
edit on 1-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Seeing how it's been working since before this nation was created I would say quite well.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You really don't get Americans, do you?

A small percentage of Texans do this "secede" thing every few years. Texans, especially generational Texans, have a strong independent spirit. It is a bit of a game, and Americans expect it periodically. We LOVE our games, but nobody is going to leave the United States. Texas needs its country, and, guess what? America needs Texas.
edit on 1-8-2015 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Shhhh! Let them go! Then, when they realize that they've bitten the hand that fed them, they'll become illegal immigrants, we can call them all kind of names and say they're all rapists and criminals and stuff!

Hey, being from Austin, I want to sign that petition that someone started to have Austin secede from the state of Texas.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Can you imagine them dealing with the border on their own? Good grief.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No state could survive along today, they have been dependent on each other for far to long. This argument is getting over the top.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join