It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Sometimes cops do things beyond what is expected of them and this is one of those instances. It was a mentally handicapped woman who refused to be carried home by police. So instead this cop took the time to go with her where she wanted to go,helping her get over her fears (she was freaking out walking alone btw).

I don't get why some people have bash police every chance they get. Like any group of people you have good and bad apples. Unfortunately, the good acts rarely get the media attention.

About time for some good cop recognition here. I kept looking for the video....?

The good acts, when cops go above and beyond to help someone out get posted and go viral all the time. Cops helps handicapped women, cop buys shoes for shoplifters kids, cop buys shoes for homeless person, cop saves man jumping off a bridge etc , ets.

The problem is the bad acts go viral too and it just seems like there are a lot more bad ones going viral then good ones.

ETa,, This story is very refreshing.
edit on 28-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The title is a classic bait and switch DESIGNED as click bait for the anti-cop crowd. When you get into it and see that it's a feel good story instead of a cop raping a mentaly unstable woman, your supposed to be relieved. The fact that this is designed as a PR stunt, and the fact that his partner filmed the event, gives this very little credibility and comes from a place that is not genuine. Which means it deserves to be ridiculed as what it is. Police have to set up stories like this BECAUSE the institution has lost the respect of the public.

The thin blue line extends here to ATS. The same guys always come to defend each other with the same drum beat. Acting oblivious to the blazingly obvious fact that it is fairly normal for everyday cops to bend serious rules with serious consequences for the public in full sight of eachother, knowing that their buddies will cover for them. It gets caught on tape almost daily. You ask for proof? That IS the proof. That SHOULD get these abusive cops off the streets. But it doesn't. It gets brought up all the time and the questionable officers regularly get off with little to no punishment. The only time a cop does get punished is when a video catches them in the act and gets released to the public. Without public outcry and publicity, these cops would be running rampant like they were before the days of cellphone videos.
I know there are good cops out there, but i've never met one. PR stunts like this make me even more skeptical and critical though. Maybe if i hadn't been treated like scum by so many police, i wouldn't feel this way.
Maybe if their PR was better they wouldn't need to fabricate stories like this.
Maybe if they were actually finding all of these missing children instead of planning PR and harrassing normal people, they wouldn't need to post non #ing stories like these.

a reply to: semperfortis

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

And you have proof that good cops cover for bad?

And you have done your civic duty to use that proof to contact the authorities and right an apparent wrong?

No?

Oh you just post on forums, while in your nice safe home and in no danger at all, about how evil certain people are?

Or you sit in your home, made safe by the very people you disparage, and comment; never actually doing anything?

Okay

I get it

When bad cops go for years without being turned for planting evidence, falsifying reports, assaulting innocent people, etc, Good cops knew about their actions. The police force is a fraternity, and word spreads through the department like herpes. Every cop that does such acts spreads their "victory" around in order for people to think they are badass. That is a fact. i know police officers, have them in my family, as well as firefighters, each one tells stories during holidays that I hear that I absolutley do not agree with, but who am I going to tell? I tell their commissioner or my governor or mayor, what will they do? Nothing, dismiss it. I even thought about recording a conversation with one of my police family members that always talks about planting evidence because he knows the convict is guilty but has a lack of evidence, so he gets them put away for "our own safety." And then tell several authorities about it, and if nothing happens, play that recording to them and see what happens, as it is an admission of crime, but I can't do over a family member like that and I would likely be hunted down our outed by many of my family if I caused one to lose his job.

With todays technology, 75% of the entire police force, mostly traffic cops can be replaced. All you need are emergency responders, not patrolling streets all the time, and use all the cameras available throughout cities to do their legwork. Simple as that. No more cops doing radar on the side of highways to try to reach and surpass quota, just cameras checking speeds at intersections or under bridges or wherever, boom 25% gone right there. All you need is a police force that acts like firefighters, sitting around until something comes in and they go and check it out, always emergencies, no more patrolling, waist of tax money.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

So you're protecting a bad cop? You are just as bad as the bad cop then.

That said, I honestly think it is time to end the "drug war," eliminate 99% of no knock raids (ending the drug war would stop most of this anyway), and only address the most serious traffic offenses.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Of course there are good people who work in law enforcement - there are plenty of good people who work easily corruptible positions, yet do the right thing despite personal/financial gain. But, that has no effect on the socially accepted institutionalized corruption that takes place in modern society, especially in law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: iDope

So you're protecting a bad cop? You are just as bad as the bad cop then.

That said, I honestly think it is time to end the "drug war," eliminate 99% of no knock raids (ending the drug war would stop most of this anyway), and only address the most serious traffic offenses.

If that bad cop was your uncle and you caused him to lose his job or go to jail and took him to court to testify and submit the evidence, what would you do? In no way could it be annonymous. He has never killed anyone just planted drugs and things when they have a criminal background. I don't agree with it, but he is not the only one doing it, so I am not going to single him out over other people doing it, maybe on a more severe degree than him.

And no I am no worse than him or a bad cop in any way, I am not the one committing the crime, I am the one protecting my life and my family's life by not exposing it to the court. If the police department and legal system was just, then he would get caught doing it eventually, or at least the "good cops" would turn him in. But in the end, more prisoners equals more money, more traffic tickets equals more money, more money equals a bigger police force and busier judges-which equals more money. So, tell me how that would work out for me and my safety?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So if a "good cop" didn't turn in a bad cop because he feared for his and his families life would you be okay with that?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So if a "good cop" didn't turn in a bad cop because he feared for his and his families life would you be okay with that?

If that were ever the case "The good cop" should just quit. Who the hell would want that job anyway?

ETA.. Even the Mafia has rules about going after families.
edit on 29-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Was the title purposefully misleading?

"Caught" doing "private act" while handicap woman is "crying".. That sounds so horrible.

I think so. I bet it caught all the cop haters off guard.
edit on 29-7-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Why is a cop doing his job news worthy?

We get it.....there are good cops out there.

What we DON'T get is why those good cops cover for the bad.

Post a cop busting his partner for police brutality and then we can talk about how "good" cops are.

But nice try anyway.

Edit: I see his partner was the one who filmed it. But he didn't know he was being watched......

Have you ever wondered what the root cause is of all the police brutality.....I have. I think I might have a serious answer about why we see such horrible stories day after day........

The media and the people eating it up love negative shocking stories and over time it becomes self fulfilling. Hate in hate out..........negative in negative out......rinse and repeat. Look at your reaction to this story...instead of saying wow what a kind person I wish more stories like this would be posted or take place your reply was who cares it does not matter because of all the negative stories.......Hate in hate out.......Negative in negative out.....rinse and repeat.

Maybe.....just maybe we should highlight stories that show compassion and kindness and it might have the opposite effect in time.
edit on 29-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Maybe the cop was hoping to shag her

Hey

I don't know okay, I met plenty of bad cops
edit on 29-7-2015 by justQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I know I'm not the only one who did a double take of the thread title.

For those who do cockney rhyming slang the words "having a tommy the tank over a raspberry ripple" come to mind. Must be the squaddie in me but I feel a bit disappointed actually.

Please excuse the crude thread diversion.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Has it gotten that bad?

Jeesh.....and you still work for them?

Edit: This coming from a cop really freaking scares the crap out of me. Think about what this officer just said because it's probably the truth......
edit on 29-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Man, I wish I could give you 1000 stars for that.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Great job posting this.

I have a buddy who is now an LEO in the city of Modesto, California, and I picture him doing things like this--he has a great heart, and we need more people like both of these guys wearing the badge.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I wasn't seeking advice.

I have never worked with a "bad cop."

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Why are you being hostile towards the OP just for posting the story?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I wasn't seeking advice.

I have never worked with a "bad cop."

By that, do you mean none worse than you? If you can't point out the bad cop, maybe it's you.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that is an awesome thing. However my last episode ended more negatively and left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I still believe most are great and do their best. I was walking my dog along a street near the mall in my current neighborhood. I saw something laying in the street that was a bit out of place. It was a wallet or purse type thing holding an id and some other cards and some change. Well I thought I better take this over to the substation and turn it in. I don't want someone getting a hold of the cards and drivers license. Well I walked my dog over to where we finally found the substation. It was a bit of a walk but no big deal. I had to tie my dog to a rail so I could go in and turn the item in. well there was no one there only a phone on the wall. I picked it up and told the person on the other end of the situation. They said they would get an officer out. Well as I was waiting a security guard came out. I thought that since I didn't find the items on mall property then no way was I going to give it to him. I should have he seemed genuinely into helping me.

So I walked out side to sit with my dog as I didn't want to leave her alone outside and never thought it would be very long since I see them everyday sitting around the mall busting speeders going over the 30 MPH limit. (On a side note I walked my dog less than a quarter mile(one evening) and the same officer pulled over 4 cars. none of them to me appeared to being going faster than most of the other cars.) well after about 30 minutes I was ready to give up and go home a SUV with 2 officers showed up. I told him I found this and wanted to make sure it was given to the police. The first question was "Was there any money?" I actually thought he was joking bcs why would I steal money then turn it in? Naïve? so I said "I wish" which I immediately regretted. Feeling guilty for no reason I said search me I have nothing on me. Since I rarely walk the dog with cash. He was a jerk to me after that and gave me a bit of a hard time. But there was money in the thing, all change. I was in that situation trying to do the right thing and left feeling like I was a suspect. I lost so much respect for them in this meaningless situation that it made me see that others deal with some real class acts. a reply to: semperfortis

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That is a terrible title and not terrible like "Oh, you're terrible, teehee" no it's the "What's wrong, Doc? Is it bad? It's terrible" terrible. Probably the worst title I've ever read. Does that make you feel happy inside, OP? Do you enjoy being alongside Fuddruckers for the worst title ever given?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join