It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

A day patrolling the streets last week didn’t go as planned for Bloomingdale Police Officer Michael Giovenco, who was caught in the midst of what residents never expected, when he didn’t think anyone was looking.

The unnamed wanderer told the cop that she just wanted to “walk the trails.” That’s when the officer put crime aside and moved from protecting the community to serving. He gently grabbed the handicapped woman’s hand and said, “Let’s go, I’ll walk the ‘trails’ with you,” and the two walked together down the sidewalk with no plan in mind, other than to be a friend to this young woman who could really use one.

Full Story Here

Heartwarming to say the least.

While many on here, ATS exclusive, will concentrate on only when Law Enforcement messes up, Law enforcement continues to go about their everyday duties. I can not tell you how many thousands of times each week an officer does something this simple, this noble and then just goes back to his job...

Enjoy

Semper

+52 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Why is a cop doing his job news worthy?

We get it.....there are good cops out there.

What we DON'T get is why those good cops cover for the bad.

Post a cop busting his partner for police brutality and then we can talk about how "good" cops are.

But nice try anyway.

Edit: I see his partner was the one who filmed it. But he didn't know he was being watched......
edit on 28-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The title of your thread made me think of something completely different. I thought he was harrassing a handicaped person, by raping her or something...lol. Well it is good to hear nice stories of the police. As with everyone in life, most are good hearted. It is only the few that ruin it for others.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

And you have proof that good cops cover for bad?

And you have done your civic duty to use that proof to contact the authorities and right an apparent wrong?

No?

Oh you just post on forums, while in your nice safe home and in no danger at all, about how evil certain people are?

Or you sit in your home, made safe by the very people you disparage, and comment; never actually doing anything?

Okay

I get it

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

I thought the very same thing when I first saw the article..

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Well done to the officer for displaying empathy and compassion towards a vulnerable member of society.

Just goes to show there are still a few good Police out there doing the job how it should be done, even if they do seem to be few and far between these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

How dare you paint the police in such a light . The anti police crowd will be along soon . Nice story .

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Don't get your cop panties in a bunch.

I said we know there are good cops.

And if they didn't cover for the bad then why is it such a problem these days?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Nice to hear one with heart.

This won't negate the 'other' type, but it helps me to read it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

No panties or bunches..

Just facts

If you make a statement that good cops cover for bad, you better be able to back it up or it is nothing but nonsense. If you have proof and do nothing with it, you are as guilty as those you rail against.

Simple facts

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Sometimes cops do things beyond what is expected of them and this is one of those instances. It was a mentally handicapped woman who refused to be carried home by police. So instead this cop took the time to go with her where she wanted to go,helping her get over her fears (she was freaking out walking alone btw).

I don't get why some people have bash police every chance they get. Like any group of people you have good and bad apples. Unfortunately, the good acts rarely get the media attention.

About time for some good cop recognition here. I kept looking for the video....?

edit on 28-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

There are countless videos out there and on this forum alone.

Because filing a complaint with the cops about themselves is as fruitless as doing the same with the cripts.......

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

So.. No

You don't do anything about it..Except post anonymously...

Got it

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm all for recognition.

This just seems like a PR stunt to me. Sorry.

The partner was the one who filmed it. The partner showed it to other cops. They posted it on facebook.

And.....the title is misleading. How could his partner be filming it from behind and the guy not know?

It's a nice fluff piece. I'llgive you that. But start cracking down on police brutality and then we'll talk about fluffy bunnies and all......

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I write my leaders. What else do you want me to do?

Stop a jacked up cop while he's in his roid rage? Nah....I value my life......

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

"And if they didn't cover for the bad then why is it such a problem these days?"

Its not so much about covering up as it is keeping schtum, the mentality being that you do not grass up the Man beside you, good or bad, simply because he may be responsible for saving your life at some future date. It's a brothers in arms type mentality found in rather a few walks of life not just our Police force.

Just to clarify i don't agree with the ethos where Police brutality is involved.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

And you have proof that good cops cover for bad?

With all the abuse of power and other crap going on with the police lately I find it rather funny that you require proof for something that is obvious to most of us.
But since you're asking, a quick search yields quite a few results.

In 1970, New York City organized the Knapp Commission to hold hearings on the extent of corruption in the city's police department. Police officer Frank Serpico's startling testimony against fellow officers not only revealed systemic corruption but highlighted a longstanding obstacle to investigating these abuses: the fraternal understanding among police officers known variously as "the Code of Silence" and "the Blue Curtain" under which officers regard testimony against a fellow officer as betrayal.

In 1992, the Mollen Commission, commissioned to investigate reports of police corruption in New York City, noted that "The pervasiveness of the code of silence is itself alarming."[6] One New York City police officer said, "If a cop decided to tell on me, his career's ruined....He's going to be labeled as a rat."[6] The following year saw the founding of the Civilian Complaint Review Board, an all-civilian board tasked with investigating civil complaints about alleged misconduct on the part of the New York City Police Department.

In 1991 Rodney King was brutally beaten by multiple police officers of Los Angeles Police Department. The officers involved were expected to have been following the "blue code". They claimed that the beating was lawful, but it was not until a videotape of the incident was released when it was confirmed that the officers had collectively fabricated their stories.

Those are just the ones from Wiki, there are countless other stories.

I certainly can't deny that the cop from the OP did a great thing and that he is by far not the only good cop, but I think cops covering for cops is one of the biggest problems with all of law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 28-7-2015 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

So.. No

You don't do anything about it..Except post anonymously...

Got it

I want to explore this further.

I don't have the authority. COPS do.

Post a video of a cop stopping another cop from beating someone and I'll join in this "cops are great" circle jerk.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I find it amusing that the very same posters that consider the main stream media to be vile when it suits them, also considers it the "go to" source for their unmitigated hatred for all things police.

Hypocrites is the word I was looking for..

It's really okay.. You don't have to enjoy a good piece about law enforcement, you can trust that there are some of us that do something other than sit in mom's basement, (apologue), suck up every youtube video that agrees with your own misplaced ideals and write letters..

There will always be those of us that leave our homes to protect you. No matter how much hate you spew..

It's really Okay

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join