It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

That's certainly original. Yes I agree police should just go around and arrest anyone and everyone they want to for any perceived wrong doing that Blazemore2000 declares. You understand there are laws and rules to arresting people right? Just because some officers might bend the rules on probable cause when they pull you over and smell weed in your car you think they have the ability to go around arresting fellow officers because they may or may not have followed all of the rules? Isn't that kind of the problem here to begin with? Isn't that kind of what people are mad about?

How do you know the OP hasn't done what you suggest, stop or arrest a fellow officer for breaking the law? You are just assuming they are bad because they have a badge and a gun? Like some officers assume people are criminals because their skin is black and their pants hang low? You don't see the hypocrisy in all of this?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
You should learn to read... or learn to comprehend what you've read... whichever you're having trouble with here. As is, your reply makes zero sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Learn to read? That is all you can come up with? I won't feign ignorance and assume you really don't believe I can read even though I typed out a long winded reply that obviously took minimal skill in reading and writing but that is pretty immature to be honest with you. Where did I fail in my comprehension of your comment?

You- Tell me when he has arrested cops for breaking the law, until then he is as bad as the officers that shoot people for no reason.

Me- You have no idea what he has or hasn't done, and are making the assumption that he as a person and police officer is as bad as the cops that shoot people for no reason.

You are making assumptions based on absolutely nothing but your disdain for all police officers (at least all of them except for the serpicos) and I am saying that is quite hypocritical of you. It seems similar to the assumptions that some police officers make that if you have black skin and saggy pants you must be a criminal.

I am as angry and fed up as anyone else at the militarization of our police forces and criminal behavior that some of them are partaking in but I am also smart enough to know that just because some of them are bad doesn't mean all of them should be demonized. I agree that the ones that are "good" need to try and stop the ones that are "bad" but we have to be realistic about all of this as well. This isn't an issue that can be tackled strictly at the street level, it is a problem that is being propagated from the higher levels of management and administration and that is where the change has to start. You better have a god damned spotless criminal record and be in the running for saint hood if you are going to pretend like every officer of the law has to act robotically selfless at all times and somehow project super human levels of objectivity and morality as well as have no fear, stress, or personal issues affecting them at work. Do you really think an individual that goes around suspecting all of their coworkers of criminal acts while isolating themselves from the rest of the police force is going to last long enough to be effective at their job and try to actually be the change you want to see?

If this problem was black/white, on/off, yes/no, good/bad it wouldn't be a problem at all. Unfortunately nothing in life is that easy and you know this.

You let me know when black man #1 starts calling the cops on black man #2 and then I will say they aren't a criminal. Until then black man #1 is just as bad as black man #2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Does that sound familiar at all? Does that seem fair to you? Wouldn't you say I am a racist insensitive asshole if I said that? Because I don't understand how that argument is any different.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

Cop Didn’t Know He Was Caught Doing Private Act With Crying Handicap Woman

A day patrolling the streets last week didn’t go as planned for Bloomingdale Police Officer Michael Giovenco, who was caught in the midst of what residents never expected, when he didn’t think anyone was looking.

The unnamed wanderer told the cop that she just wanted to “walk the trails.” That’s when the officer put crime aside and moved from protecting the community to serving. He gently grabbed the handicapped woman’s hand and said, “Let’s go, I’ll walk the ‘trails’ with you,” and the two walked together down the sidewalk with no plan in mind, other than to be a friend to this young woman who could really use one.

Full Story Here

Heartwarming to say the least.

While many on here, ATS exclusive, will concentrate on only when Law Enforcement messes up, Law enforcement continues to go about their everyday duties. I can not tell you how many thousands of times each week an officer does something this simple, this noble and then just goes back to his job...

Enjoy

Semper

In Texas recently an officer paid for a car repair so the driver could get an inspection sticker.

In another incident, an officer asked a childvwhy he wss selling lemonade. The boy replied that his parents couldnt afford a toy he wanted.

The officer went and bought the boy the toy.

Yes, most of our police officers are good men and women, risking their lives for us each day, and suffering the animosity from some who see the actions of racist police officers.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I said 2 things that can be taken as attacks.

1. Cop panties
2. Cop circle jerk.

The OP called me (and others):

1. A hypocrite
2. Accused me of making fables (apologue)
3. Says I live in my mother's basement
4. Says I listen to every youtube that has my bias

The other poster Hounddoghowlie called me ignorant and ignant.

That's twice as much from the OP and even with hounddoghowlie.

Now the comment about the ATS rules (if you guys had reading comprehension and followed along with that conversation) was due to hounddoghowlie calling me ignant.

WHICH IS AGAINST THE ATS RULES!!!!!!!

Now tell me again that I'm the one who is being the ass.
edit on 31-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I think the negative comments you are receiving are down to the fact that the officer in question on this occasion took the time to help and accommodate the little girl. There is an old saying that applies "credit where credit's due".

If you feel that any of the comments directed toward you are of an inappropriate nature you are perfectly free to report them to a moderator. To be honest through its probably just best to learn to roll with the punches round these here parts, end of the day it's only banter.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree. It was a great act of kindness.

I do apologize to the OP if my comments offended. I can be a little negative sometimes.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I didn't realize that was considered a rant calling you names, I guess I didn't miss it I just didn't see it for what it was. Hounddoghowlie isn't the OP, so I don't know how that justifies it. What ever though, I think it's clear where that all stands.

Now, regarding the rest of my last post and the argument I made for hypocrisy in stereotyping cops and black people. What are your thoughts? Do you see any correlation in that at all?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The argument you made about black men turning in black men holds no merit because.......wait for it.....
........IT IS NOT THEIR JOB TO..........

It is a cop's job to catch ALL who commit crimes......not black men.

And yes, you do sound like a racist SOB for even trying to compare the two.
edit on 31-7-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Good for the copper.

I like seeing the other side of the coin, and seeing proof there are still Human beings working for the Police force in America.

We should post more 'good guy Police' stories, to stand against the increasing 'bad guy police' stories.

It must be maddening to be a decent copper in the USA these days.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes. You should learn to read. Or learn to comprehend. Whichever. Even when this is pointed out to you, you can't even quote me correctly. I never said he was the same as those who "who shoot other people for no reason", as you stated and attributed to me. What I said implied that he was the same as the rest of LEOs who turn a blind eye to other officer's breaking of the laws they are sworn to uphold. So yes, do please learn to read or comprehend... whichever talent it is you are lacking here. And if I'm making an assumption... please do regale me with all the times ANY officer has gone against his own "blue brothers" and arrested them for violating the average citizen's rights. Oh and then you can point out which of those... I'm sure... many, many stories belongs to Mr. Semper Fortis. Then you or his "friend" can tell me what a good cop he is.

Until then, I'll label this thread for what it obviously is... ill-conceived and ill-executed propaganda.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So you honestly believe I cannot read? Even after reading and replying to your own posts? Are you just being silly or what? Sorry I didn't realize when you said "he is just as bad as the rest of them" you were referring to the other cops that don't uphold the standard to their coworkers and not just as bad as the ones actually breaking the law. That isn't exactly so clear that it is unquestionably understood otherwise I wouldn't have misunderstood it.

So you think just because we don't have tons of posts on ATS that cops don't bust other cops for wrong doing? You have heard of Internal Affairs before correct? I hate to drop to your level of debate but I can't tell if you are just being purposely dense and ignoring reality or just really not as knowledgable as you think you are. It isn't hard to find cases of officers being arrested for all sorts of crimes and incarcerated for their crimes. Either way you are childish in having to resort to telling me to "learn to read" but not a lot I can do about that.

I get that you think I can't read or comprehend what I am reading, no need to retort with that brilliant observation yet again, so lets move forward yeah? Typical you call me a racist for using an example for my argument. I can see that your level of critical thinking and debate are not quite up to the standard we sometimes see here, so I can't imagine we have a lot more to discuss.

edit on 7/31/2015 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You mean stereotyping the way you so conveniently stereotyped me? And yes there are plenty of examples of cops getting arrested... when there is no other choice but for them to arrest their own. That counts for nothing, as before it gets to that point they will do anything to avoid it... lie.. plant evidence... or just turn a blind eye. Show me all the examples you can think of in the last 20 years or so ... where a cop of his own volition, arrested one of his own when he had the option to just turn a blind eye and ignore it. Personally, I could count them on one hand. This is the myth of the "good cop". The reality is, there are almost no good cops... because given the slightest chance to wriggle out of it... they will not go against their own. That's the unfortunate truth of the matter, and every time it happens, even if it's just turning a blind eye... those cops become criminals themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How did I stereotype you? Honest to god, I can't see anything we have left to talk about. You seem hell bent on demonizing all police officers regardless of their personal merit, for what purpose or to what end I really don't know. I hope that as you grow as a person you gain the ability to think more broadly and stop putting people in narrowly defined boxes without knowing anything about them. It is going to be a long difficult life full of extremely frustrating circumstances that you aren't going to be able to cope with if you don't. I fear you will find yourself at the end of a barrel and most likely behind bars or 6 feet under if you don't change your inability to accept reality. I can't imagine what your experience with police will be like once it happens. I think most likely you will whistle a different tune and lose the attitude.

EIther way I would really like to hear how I stereotyped you.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"You are making assumptions based on absolutely nothing but your disdain for all police officers (at least all of them except for the serpicos)"

You have zero clue as to what I base my opinions on... or how far or not my disdain extends... but thanks for deciding what those things are for me.

You make assumptions while telling me I'm making assumptions.. you sir are adorable.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Bro that isn't stereotyping. I thought you made it pretty clear what your opinion of police officers is, you didn't leave a lot of room for assuming anything else. But you are right, I made certain assumptions about your stance based on your opinions that you shared with us. I didn't realize you felt otherwise, I guess it is still quite unclear how you actually feel then. I thought "there are almost no good cops" and "they pretty much are all criminals" (that one is paraphrased) was pretty clear.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually, I have disdain for any officer who doesn't perform his duties as he/she is meant to... whether that means not over stepping the bounds of his/her authority... or not turning a blind eye to the misdeeds of his/her fellows. Neither of those conditions would necessarily make an officer a "Serpico".... just someone who performs their duties the way they are meant to, without taking liberties either way. That should be the norm... instead it's so rare, they might as well be unicorns or chunks of unobtainium. I hope that clarifies my stance for you.

That being said, I believe we should end this here before we're accused of thread derailment. Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Pretty much what I had already stated I thought your opinion was, which you claimed was incorrect. I didn't realize you had such extensive oversight into all the internal investigations and total awareness of activities of every police officer in the United States. You are right though, I am pretty tired of this discussion. Take care.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: semperfortis

Why is a cop doing his job news worthy?

We get it.....there are good cops out there.

What we DON'T get is why those good cops cover for the bad.

Post a cop busting his partner for police brutality and then we can talk about how "good" cops are.

But nice try anyway.

Edit: I see his partner was the one who filmed it. But he didn't know he was being watched......

Why do criminals cover for each other? Why do people act like total jerks when there is no call for it? Why do people run from the police... are they too stupid to understand it will not turn out well for them? Why do people struggle with the police.... are they also too stupid to understand it cannot turn out well for them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a post regarding the police doing something nice. I could say much more, particularly about your own particular view of the world, but the TOS is not something I want to violate.

It's like people bitching about feel good news... we should have more instead of only focusing on the worst that humanity has to offer.

Instead of discussing something nice happening in the world perhaps we should talk about the increase in violence in Baltimore? Perhaps we should discuss the police officer in Memphis who was gunned down.. Police are people and last I checked, ALL PEOPLE'S LIVES MATTER. If any dont...then it would have to be the scum of the earth that should be exterminated. Who is going to play God and decide who "they" are?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: pianoasis

Jesus people are being rude in this thread. What is wrong with you? Do you feel better for having berated the OP for posting a story?

You don't see what OP was doing? He baited us in with a sensationalist title. This isn't newsfeed I don't want to see those dirty tactics here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join