It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently the US carried out a US B61-12 nuclear bomb test Today .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
RT == Kremlin jump juice...

Paleeeeze people... get real!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"Pissing contest ? , Like kids playing with the lives of Millions ... "-OP Exactly and these jackas$'s will kill us all! Honestly I am so sick of all this war and violence and friggin stupidity!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: rexsblues
I think point being made is fact that our fighter jets are now capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

That's a big game changer, if only psychologically.

This is not new I am sure that during the six day war in 1967 the A-4 Skyhawks belonging to Israel were capable of deploying a nuc. Thank Jshovah cooler heads provaileded and no Nucs were used. Below is a quote from Wikipedia about the A-4. I am sure a A-6, F-15, FA-22, or F-111 could handle the mission.

The Skyhawk is a lightweight aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of 24,500 pounds (11,100 kg) and has a top speed of more than 600 miles per hour (970 km/h). The aircraft's five hardpoints support a variety of missiles, bombs and other munitions and were capable of delivering nuclear weapons.

Just about everything can carry nukes. Everything from cruise missiles, to ICBM's and strategic bombers.

To counter missiles, you have your own missiles. To counter bombers, you have radar stations, interceptor aircraft with air-to-air missiles, and ground-to-air missile stations. To counter radar stations, you have stealth aircraft. To counter stealth aircraft, there are multi-station passive radar stations, which pick up the echoes from each other. Then ICBM's have multiple warheads.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: noxxen
grab your cans of soup when the nukes fly!

Oh and DO NOT forget to get water,and the medical kit. if you can get some cards,the radio,the rifle,gas mask and the map with the boy scout handbook. 60 seconds is a hard game to play.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think point being made is fact that our fighter jets are now capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

Well, then, too, a big part of the B61 upgrade package is that you can designate a target for it, drop the thing and get the hell out of Dodge.

The new tail kit will sort of slide the thing into the target, if you drop from high enough. With a really decent CEP.

That's part of why they're moaning, we can modify a stock B61 and put the thing so close to the target that it defeats their hardened installations, and it doesn't require sure suicide.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Tactical nukes in the Fulda gap to stop the red hordes from pouring through. The 1970's called--they want their strategy back.

How well I remember that one.

It was part of your "Welcome to ###" tour at the base I was stationed at in Germany.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So let me see if I have this right. Russia develops new missiles, including a ground launched cruise missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, and new reentry vehicles for their ICBMs, and no one even blinks.

The US tests an inert B-61 with a tail kit to make it more accurate, and they're dick waving, and playing brinksmanship and leading us to a nuclear war.

Seriously? Get over it already.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

One of the nuclear weapons accidents was a US Navy A-4E that went over the side of the Ticonderoga off Okinawa, with a nuclear weapon, and pilot on board, while it was being moved near the elevator. Nothing was recovered, since it sank in water that was 16,000 feet deep.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

War pigs, surprised it's happening in this day and age. Have we learned nothing from the past? Pissing in the wind!

Thanks for that reminder of a song that could be an anthem for ATS .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Alright Zap , No more dick waving , Look all i am saying is who knows what the bear is capable of.

May not seem like a big deal to us ... but hell they have almost sent nuke our way for less....

just saying .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

While it's depressing that things have seemingly deteriorated back to a cold war mentality, what did people expect to happen?

Neither side is innocent in this, so neither side has anything to stand on when they want to preach. Both the US and Russia can point at the other for failing to evolve on this issue and almost everyone with common sense knew that non-proliferation was going to take a century at least to achieve anything constructive.

Once the nuclear genie was out of the bottle it was always going to take lifetimes to get it under control.

How far back do we want to go in the blame game for someone to be able to "pin it" on someone and win a pointless debate?

Personally, I believe that maybe if Russia had not invaded another country and stolen a chunk of land, then threatened every other former Soviet nation around it, none of this would be happening right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

US fighter jets have been able to carry nuclear weapons since the early 1960s.
en.wikipedia.org...

US navy fighter jets train to fly the nuclear weapon lay down profile..
and US navy fighter jets could carry nuclear depth charges for ASW work to protect carrier task forces.

forum.keypublishing.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

As as been said before, fighter aircraft have been able to carry nukes for sixty years.
The F105 Thunderchief was designed for a drop and dash flight profile.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Many people, in their rush to demonize the US, conviently forget there is an only one country in the world ,right now , that is threatening the use of nuclear weapons, and that country is RUSSIA, public statements by all levels of officials, from Putin on down, have shown that Russia will likely be a first for user.
It would take extra ordinary circumstances for the US to use nuclear weapons , while Russia has publicly stated they will use to enforce their political will upon their neighbors.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hell. The SH-3H Sea King could carry a B-61 as a nuclear depth charge. There were issues about it getting out of the blast radius after the drop, so it was considered a suicide mission.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The US tests an inert B-61 with a tail kit to make it more accurate, and they're dick waving, and playing brinksmanship and leading us to a nuclear war.

Seriously? Get over it already.

Putin has all his guys on 'holiday' in the Ukraine! An F15 or similar delivery method ruin the plans for the European tour!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nickn3

One of the nuclear weapons accidents was a US Navy A-4E that went over the side of the Ticonderoga off Okinawa, with a nuclear weapon, and pilot on board, while it was being moved near the elevator. Nothing was recovered, since it sank in water that was 16,000 feet deep.

I wonder what the water pressure would do to a nuke at those depths - I don't quite understand the mechanics of how a nuke works but I would bet it would just render it useless.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Uh, that's been the case since maybe 1958?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
These B61 are meant by NATO to provide a false sense of security to those countries that host the shared nuclear arsenal. In reality they represent a serious threat to the countries hosting them without any benefit. That's due to the general inadequacy of free-fall bombs in modern deterrence arsenals.
The only reason for having B61s in Europe would be for strikes against defenseless countries in Africa or the middle east,
as soon as a minimal but functional air defense protection is available, these B61 and their carriers are just easy targets.
In particular I am referring to Tornados, EF-2000s and F-16s but also other planes such as F-35s and JAS-39s

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
All combat aircraft pilots in the US navy are trained to do Nuclear Toss bombing.
Toss bombing is the way that a pilot delivers a nuclear weapon without becoming part of the nuke fireball.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Dive-toss delivery technique was the first "toss" bombing method developed after WWII at the US Navy's rocket development center at Inyokern, California in 1947 as a method to attack heavily defended targets without unduly endangering the attacking aircraft.

The US Navy's rocket development center at Inyokern, California is now the Naval Air Weapons Station at china lake calif

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join