It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently the US carried out a US B61-12 nuclear bomb test Today .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

aaaanndd ...Apparently it was a "Mock" test that has Russia paranoid and bent out of shape , here is what they had to say about it .

“The atomic bomb, which was tested, is a dual purpose device. It can be both an element of strategic offensive weapons – when delivered by heavy bombers – and an element of non-strategic nuclear weapons when delivered by tactical aircraft,” he said.

“The special feature of the conducted the test was the fact that the F-15E fighter-bomber was used as a carrier for a nuclear weapon. This gives grounds to believe that the test was conducted in order to examine the possibility of using the B61-12 atomic bomb by NATO fighter-bombers stationed in Europe.”

The fresh nuclear bomb test is evidence of America’s “persistent unwillingness” to give up on involving non-nuclear NATO states in joint nuclear missions, which contradicts the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), he stressed.

The US in turn blamed Russia for violations of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, saying Russia has a cruise missile (deployable from an Iskander launcher) that has a range over 500 kilometers.

RT
VT
Pissing contest ? , Like kids playing with the lives of Millions ...

I am wondering why this was not reported in the MSM , Maybe they will chalk it up as a jade helm exorcise?

♠Kap♠

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
grab your cans of soup when the nukes fly!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Wow...

All the big boys, waving their big hot rods all over the place... This crap got old before I was even BORN!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Saber rattling at its finest.

Russia: U.S. might be violating the NFT!

U.S.: Russia violates INF Treaty

End result: continued weapons tests and finger pointing. What's regular joe-shmoe supposed to do other than carry on and hope these tests don't become full-blown conflicts

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
War pigs, surprised it's happening in this day and age. Have we learned nothing from the past? Pissing in the wind!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They dropped a fake warhead in the Nevada desert, and everyone gets upset?

Look, if they cooked off a real nuke, I'd be worried, in this case they just dropped an empty bomb into a desert.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Tactical nukes in the Fulda gap to stop the red hordes from pouring through. The 1970's called--they want their strategy back.

(Actually that is the right strategy in the threat of a massive east to west invasion of Europe. Conventional forces could be steamrolled by the Russians if they are not stopped at the gap.)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Not much else can be said.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think point being made is fact that our fighter jets are now capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

That's a big game changer, if only psychologically.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
They dropped a fake warhead in the Nevada desert, and everyone gets upset?

Look, if they cooked off a real nuke, I'd be worried, in this case they just dropped an empty bomb into a desert.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

Yeah people nothing to see here , move along , don't worry about precursor nukes being tested, just wait for the real thing ,

then you can be concerned!

*sarcasm off *

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Neither the US nor Russia scare me with their Nuclear arsenal, Its the country or group of people who have acquired nuclear weapons that are not showing off their arsenal, that scare me. If Pakistan and North Korea have nukes its a pretty sure bet that there are others in this world who possess the same crazy weapon. Doctor Openhiemer knew this would become a problem back in ww2, and regretted his involvement for the rest of his life.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I think point being made is fact that our fighter jets are now capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

They always have.

Nothing new here.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nothing like making it sound like the US had actually tested a nuke - thanks RT, millions will now believe this to be the case. Job done. Russian good and USA bad. Even the OP seems to think it's fallout time. Oh, it was not reported elsewhere because it's a no-story.

However, Russia's violations of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty are more serious because they are real violations that play the game of mistrust.

Under the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty the US and all other nuclear powers bar North Korea don't explode nukes anymore.

CNTBT
edit on 13/7/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nuclear weapons have included the use of tactical (i.e. "fighter aircraft" ) delivery systems for 60 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

This is a gross misinterpreting of what actually happened.

No nuclear bomb was tested.

What was tested was an air drop delivery system and related deployment systems.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Saber rattling at its finest.

Russia: U.S. might be violating the NFT!

U.S.: Russia violates INF Treaty

End result: continued weapons tests and finger pointing. What's regular joe-shmoe supposed to do other than carry on and hope these tests don't become full-blown conflicts

Answer: Figure that the bottom line has the term "CHINA" in it someplace. But it you want to ignore that aspect, anybody ever seriously wonder anymore who would protect the EU and the UK if Russia, China, or India went hogwild? No? Well, think back, say, a hundred years. Many on ATS knock the US for its military might while that alone is the only reason you are not speaking German, Japanese or Russian. I don't care at or for our enormous military expenditures, but who else is carrying the load? No body! So piss and moan about our military, but it keeps many of you non-Americans safe.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Dick Waving:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This could not be more of a non event if it tried. No nuke was tested, a dummy was. To avoid building new nukes they are doing these tests to extent the lives on the old ones. And this being a fighter is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This is not new I am sure that during the six day war in 1967 the A-4 Skyhawks belonging to Israel were capable of deploying a nuc. Thank Jshovah cooler heads provaileded and no Nucs were used. Below is a quote from Wikipedia about the A-4. I am sure a A-6, F-15, FA-22, or F-111 could handle the mission.

The Skyhawk is a lightweight aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of 24,500 pounds (11,100 kg) and has a top speed of more than 600 miles per hour (970 km/h). The aircraft's five hardpoints support a variety of missiles, bombs and other munitions and were capable of delivering nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Dick Waving:

I think Dick usually rotates his hand and retracts four of his five fingers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join