It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Obama should have used "Thug", its the new N word used by those that miss the N word.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
racism isnt its own little thing, its a symptom of a much larger issue...assholism. and THAT very much is not cured anywhere in the world.

LoL spot on, yeah you cant cure that

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Dude, I listen to his speeches just like you do. What do you expect him to say when he gives a speech about this stuff??? Should he say it's not really happening??? What do you expect him to say to the black community when daily there are video's of white cops killing unarmed black people??? When white cops are found to be in connection to white power groups??? When white cops are pulling their guns on kids at pool parties and throwing black 15 year old girls in bikinis on the ground and claiming they were threatened for their safety afterward????

Should he say, no that's not what happened even when it's on video and we all know what happened??? At the same time we see rich white bankers and businessmen and even their little rich privileged children literally kill and injure people and never spend a minute in jail. Should he just tell everyone not to believe their own lying eyes but believe the Loving and Perfect Law Enforcement that only wants to help them???? You've got to be crazy??? He couldn't sell that story in a million years because that just isn't happening.

What I think your pissed about though isn't that he's speaking about what is happening but that he isn't telling it in the way you want it told. He's not talking about Black on Black crime. He isn't talking down to them about their broken families or drug problems or poor living conditions, right??? Which are also valid topics too, I'm not saying they aren't. But what he is talking about is still valid and true and happening and is an issue so why not talk about it??? Hiding from it isn't making it go away.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Obama is a mixed race man.

HE identifies himself as black. That's why I say that. When he starts identifying himself as "mixed race", that's what I'll say.

Of course he does, its called pandering, he also used his "mixed race" card whenever he was campaigning , you know just to show that he knows the ins and outs of both sides.......

Interesting how he identifies with black so much more hard lined now when it becomes politically expedient

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

no what im pissed about in is speeches is that he makes ignorant and unvarified accusations without having all the facts, in the name of pandering to the black base in those areas, instead of preaching peace and urging people not to act out......

he does quite the opposite, actually

If you listen to his speeches you would know this....

Keep in mind bud I like you, I have nothing against you im not attacking you personally so while we might get heated, just know that.....

i feel like i come off abrasive sometimes and I dont mean to

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom

Why don't you make up your own mind and listen to the interview and hear his words for yourself before you decide??? Why do you let someone else tell you what to think rather than get that information first hand and decide for yourself???

Again with your generalizations and insults...I will ignore them and answer your question with three words:

Frank Marshall Davis.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
First and foremost: i detest Obama. He is not as bad as Warren Harding was, but he is pretty darn close. I liken him more to the Mob President, Hoover. I can't find hardly anything nice to say about Obama. But this...this is stupid. He used the word appropriately, in just about the only way it can be used, and the nation collectively put their hands to the mouths, pointed their finger, and gasped like 5 year olds. Ridiculous. I want to dislike him for real reasons (or love him, whichever the merits of his actions earns).

Beyond that, "black people" don't use that word. Broad brush statements using race as a delineation does nothing to help the discussion. Yes, some black people use it. So do some white people. And latins. And asians. So on and so forth. I know many black folks who would not degrade themselves by using such terms. And I know many who are casual about it. Some folks are potaytoe, some are potahtoe.

To believe it hypocritical, then, that some black people would use the term...i get that. But someone elses hypocrisy is not a justification for your actions. You can certainly make the observation....but that observation is meaningless in any practical use (i.e., it cannot be used to justify your own individual behavior).

Whether or not Obama has experienced racism means nothing. To judge the truth/merit of any persons statement based on a perceived history of that person is just silly. And illogical. Not to mention wrong. Like i said...i can't stand the guy. So it sure doesn't taste good to have to defend anything he says. Which might explain my opinion on politics in general...but that aside....

....does anyone have any comments to make on the substance of his comments? Beyond "Oh, sure...he had it soooo bad"? Or do we, in typical modern fashion, completely miss another chance for meaningful discussion?
edit on 6/22/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That's good to know, I come off the same way and I can be kind of a dick sometimes without meaning to be. So I'm glad we got that out there because it's not intentional. You just gained much respect in my book.

See, I don't see it as causing more problems when he says what he does. I mean these things are happening although to some degree I think it's less about Race and more about Class but the two go hand in hand. Cops abuse poor white people the same as anyone else black or brown or whatever. I know this first hand as a poor white guy myself. So it's not always about Race alone but it plays a big part.

Just like Trumps speech the other day. He equates Mexicans with being a thief, drug dealer and rapists and then at the end followed up with "some are probably good people". That's a hell of a perspective to have and promote when looking at the fact that some of the biggest high level crimes come from rich white guys like him. But they are "white collar" crimes that tend to not get much attention. The media and the elite love to blame poor people for being poor and yet it was wall street and banks who almost crashed our economy and not one of them got in trouble for it. They got paid back for it.

I admit there are problems within their own community that they have to come to terms with and should be talked about too. Many of them are. There are lots of minority people who are addressing their own problems internally even though it may not make the public stage. But I don't see it as him making it worse just by admitting it's there. Al Sharpton is a different matter. I don't know anyone even within the black community that like him either so I don't know why anyone wants him talking about anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I equate it to the Holy Father using cuss words to make his point.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

OK, let me ask this: change his party affiliation and then ask yourself if he'd still be getting away with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Again with your generalizations and insults...I will ignore them and answer your question with three words:

Frank Marshall Davis.

That wasn't meant as an insult. You said you don't ever listen to Obama. You admitted to that. So I'm saying maybe you should before you comment on what he said. Does that make sense??? How can you comment on something you haven't even heard for yourself???

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You can't ignore Obama.

He dominates EVERY media.

The sound bites of him using the NWORD were on NPR.

Yup.

Stop.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You can't ignore Obama.

He dominates EVERY media.

The sound bites of him using the NWORD were on NPR.

Yup.

Stop.

Yes, I heard it for myself. I actually listened to the hour long interview and when he used it, it was used exactly how it should be used. It was in fact the perfect way in which to use that word in the context he used it. It made perfect sense and had a very profound meaning behind it. I not only think it's ok that he used it, I thought he made a great point by using it. It helped sum up exactly why not using it has done nothing to help any cause because all we've done is remove a word but we've left the actual thing the word is used for right where it was.

It's like we decided to stop using the word murder and nobody talks about murder anymore but people are still killing other people everywhere right in front of us. But we got rid of that word so we all just act like it's not happening even though it is, we just don't talk about it anymore because the word is gone but the action is still there.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I equate it to the Holy Father using cuss words to make his point.

Well now, that's just ridiculous. But to each their own, I suppose.

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, let me ask this: change his party affiliation and then ask yourself if he'd still be getting away with it.

It almost numbs my mind to think about this even being a consideration. I mean...i get the reality of the utter farce of politics. But that we accept it as the reality...i think that is what gets me.

If you are asking my opinion: what difference does it make? I mean, i guess if you change his party affiliation to the Nazi party, it might be a different thing. But then I don't think the conversation would have been what it was....he would have had far different context that would have absolutely changed our discussion here. But all the suppositions aside...does it really matter?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a black president gets harangued for uttering ONCE a word that has made other (also black) famous people thousands and thousands of dollars for uttering a dozen times in a single song.

Dear America: GET OVER YOURSELVES. you just want another excuse to be mad at the dude, doesnt matter if its because he is left handed or drives a freakin prius.
edit on 22-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It doesn't, but I just think that in a day and age when we as a culture are so hypersensitive to that word that we are even re-publishing Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn in sanitized form so that no one is ever exposed to and thus offended by that word, our president could have found a better way even if the word was appropriate in context. It's appropriate in context in the novel too, but we dare not let our kids read that.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I agree with everything except this part.....

Whether or not Obama has experienced racism means nothing. To judge the truth/merit of any persons statement based on a perceived history of that person is just silly. And illogical.

Only because he claims such, he claims that he knows the struggle and can therefore comment with first hand observation......

THAT is what i have an issue with

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think it's time we grow up. Americans act like a bunch of little spoiled kids who moan and cry every time their overly sensitive "sensibilities" are upset.

Racism is very much still alive, despite how we may want to believe otherwise. Sweeping it under a rug doesn't mean it's not there anymore. Look how long it took for interracial marriages to become legal across the country. And surprise, which states were among the very last to allow it?

I, for one, agree to rest my case regarding racism in the US on this one statement; if everyone else does….

My sentiments Exactly!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

My wife is a nurse. Her mantra: pain is what the patient says it is. Or, put another way: you can't possibly know what another person feels.

If a black man in America says he suffered racism during his life, i have absolutely nothing to tell me he is wrong. Second guessing him on it has no basis.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I agree I think its more class issues than race issues.....I think its often mixed up in order to keep up the status quo among the politicians........

There is racism of course and ignorance , and when it arises it does need to be dealt with but, I feel with a more measured hand.

We cannot ever legislate common sense or tolerance, and I dont think using political platforms as a bully pulpit is the answer......

The way to fix it is through our own communities and how we treat each other as a whole.

I think we are getting better with that, although I do feel that those in power see that, so they use politics to further the divide....

The sooner we wise up to this, the better off we will be........screw politics we need to focus on each other....

As far as trump...... the guy needs to stay in business and leave the political stuff to other people.....hes a joke!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join