It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom
On a side note, I think everyone should listen to that interview from start to finish. It was actually a good look into who Obama really is and what he thinks and his perspective on things. It's just him and the interviewer talking about things from a very personal level. It was very authentic.

exactly.
I didn't realize Obama was so, whatever he is.
I can't hate the man. I actually like him now.
Open form conversation for an hour.

Get the info from the source, not second hand. Skip the articles..

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

I don't care about the context. Will that help me if my kid picks it up and starts spouting it out as his new "Word of the Day?"

Do you know how much fun it is to have your 3 or 4-year-old spouting something embarrassing that makes you look like "parent of the year" when in reality he picked it up from daycare?

Now imagine the very real possibility that my very verbose 4-year-old could decide that n***** is the new world of the day thanks to the President. It's not like my son will be using it in appropriate context.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why is your four year old listening to Marc Maron Podcasts?

And just so you know I listened to the entire one hour, and missed him saying it. It didn't register in my brain at all. Maybe you should give it a listen?

My little brother when he was 2 couldn't say fire T rucks.. he said Fire effs.. And in a store said "that is a VERY black man mom, look that is a BLACK man."

You have to deal with that.. He didn't pick those things up from anywhere.. He was trying to say fire truck, and was commenting on color, not race.. He had no idea..

That's called a teaching moment.
You don't get to baby my kids,
because you are uncomfortable.
That's my job.
edit on 22-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Why is your four year old listening to Marc Maron Podcasts?

And just so you know I listened to the entire one hour, and missed him saying it. It didn't register in my brain at all. Maybe you should give it a listen?

My little brother when he was 2 couldn't say fire T rucks.. he said Fire effs.. And in a store said "that is a VERY black man mom, look that is a BLACK man."

You have to deal with that.. He didn't pick those things up from anywhere.. He was trying to say fire truck, and was commenting on color, not race.. He had no idea..

That's called a teaching moment.

My husband was listening to news in the car this morning, and the news played the clip. And it was all over being repeated. He'll likely listen to a music station on the way home.

And yes, we've dealt with embarrassing outbursts like the time in the grocery store when a man got to the deli counter ahead of us and he yelled out, "That stupid man! He got in front of us. He's a stupid head!"

However, in today's climate, it just doesn't look good to have a child singing that word. I'd rather not go there at all. Hopefully, he was oblivious.

But my beef is more with the media for repeating it so gleefully everywhere than it is with Obama.
edit on 22-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well, I wouldn't have four year olds listening to the news, but that's just me.
I am in no way commenting on your choices for you.

I didn't realize they played it.
I see what you mean now.

And like I said earlier. The news is gross.

edit on 22-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That's just being a parent. All parents go through that, it's nothing new -- all kids hear something they shouldn't at some point in time and repeat it. Parents can't police everything a child hears. It doesn't make you a bad parent, and other parents ought to be wise enough to understand that too. It's only self-imposed embarrassment and shame you're feeling. No one else cares what profanities or racial snippets your kid is going on about -- as most of us have been there ourselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well then I suggest you don't let your child listen to adult oriented radio then. Not everything is made for children ya know. Do you let them watch adult programing on TV??? Do you let them listen to Rap Music or Mainstream Music??? Well, I would suggest the same should apply here.

We can't just form all information around what is allowed for children or that is all we'll ever hear. I'm an adult and so are many others and we like and don't fear true information. That information may not always be suited for a child but then it wasn't intended for them either. Should we all just dumb ourselves down to watching Sponge Bob all day because some child might see what is really going on???

Besides, I'm not raising your child, you are. Don't take away my resources to information because of your child. Turn off the radio or listen to Fantasia or something. The rest of the world can't stop until your kid grows up and is ready for the real world. I don't make a fuss because half of the programming is all kids programming, I change the channel until I find something that is made for me. I suggest you do the same.

BTW, Context does matter. It matters a lot.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Elementalist
How does Obama know so much about racism.
How often is Obama in the public domain to know so much about the average racism.

Are you serious? He's a 53-year-old black man who has personally experienced racism most of his life. What do you mean? Racism isn't new, you know.

LoL so much so that he has an Ivy league education and has had everything handed to him almost his whole life...

So much racism that almost every step of the way there were people guiding him to the next level....

So much racism that an UNKNOWN first term senator with hardly any voting record , became president......

SO MUCH RACISM.......

Give me a break, the only racism he is affiliated with are all the years he spent in that RACIST church of Reverend Jeramiah Wright

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I hope Mr. Obama realizes that it's not just white people who are racists. I work with a lot of black people and on several occasions they've made white joke remarks then suddenly remember I'm sitting at my desk and immediately apologize.
Actually it's funny and I just laugh it off though I have thought, what if I'd been the one to make a black type remark. Would they be so quick to just laugh it off? I truly doubt it.

I was so shocked and just truly heartbroken about the killings last week at the Charleston church as were thousands upon thousands of other white people and other races as well.

When something horrible like that happens, I don't think about race.
I just pray for healing and strength for the families left behind.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Its to bad white and black people can't switch places and live through each other's eyes for a bit. I wonder what both races would learn about each other?

I bet they'd all learn one thing: humans are basically humans. We all have hopes, dreams, likes, loves. We all just want to get through life with as few problems as possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You obviously don't know much about the man. A person doesn't walk around town with a billboard that says where they went to school. If you really want to know about it, there's lots of information on it, but I'm not interested in following you off topic any longer.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Its to bad white and black people can't switch places and live through each other's eyes for a bit.

I had some very interesting experiences while I dated a black man for 1.5 years... I got a lot of insights that I didn't have before and haven't seen since.

Black Like Me - White Man Disguised as Black for a Month

In the eyes of a White person, the Black Griffin was perceived as feeble-minded, inferior, or someone who lacked morale. He experienced numerous and explicit forms of discrimination. The racist attitude didn’t come to him as a surprise, but he didn’t expect it to affect him to the core of his being. On one occasion, it sickened him dreadfully to a point where he didn’t even want to be seen by anybody.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
LoL so much so that he has an Ivy league education and has had everything handed to him almost his whole life...

So much racism that almost every step of the way there were people guiding him to the next level....

So much racism that an UNKNOWN first term senator with hardly any voting record , became president......

SO MUCH RACISM.......

Give me a break, the only racism he is affiliated with are all the years he spent in that RACIST church of Reverend Jeramiah Wright

Ya, because we all know Racism isn't possible in the upper class world or Ivy League Schools and Privilege. It's only to be found within the poor ghettos and lower ranking society, right???

Also, him being president is a good example. He's 53 years old and became president. Do you think when he was 13 years old the idea that there would be a Black U.S. President was even possible???

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I had an interesting conversation with our CFO a few weeks ago while waiting for our planes. Now this guy is CFO of a company with 90,000 people so he's no little man. He said flat out political correctness is killing the country and everybody at the top sees it and can't do a thing about it. They fear that in the next 20 years the economy will be done because the business and work environment will be impossible to manage. Big changes coming

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Its to bad white and black people can't switch places and live through each other's eyes for a bit.

I had some very interesting experiences while I dated a black man for 1.5 years... I got a lot of insights that I didn't have before and haven't seen since.

People don't always realize the psychological impact of some things. They've done studies that show simply having to identify what race you are before a test effects the score people get. It doesn't stop at race either. Experiments showed that when having to identify as a minority race lowered test scores. Even more strange and interesting that when Asian women scored higher when just asked to identify as Asian, however when they identified as Female their test scores suffered.

It would seem that on some level, psychologically speaking, we seem to achieve to whatever level we identify with through however society views that identity. Once we identify ourselves with certain criteria we perform "as expected" rather than what is actually possible. It may only be a slight difference but it is significant enough to be measured and isn't something that most people would ever think about. We all think of ourselves as individuals and not influenced by such things, but that isn't the case. We are being influenced and controlled by many subtle forces and ideas all the time without realizing it.
edit on 22-6-2015 by mojom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You obviously don't know much about the man. A person doesn't walk around town with a billboard that says where they went to school. If you really want to know about it, there's lots of information on it, but I'm not interested in following you off topic any longer.

I know a lot about the man, ive read a lot about the man, thats why i can say with full confidence that him talking about racism and people like you talking about how much hes had to endure, is a bunch of bull

And its not off topic, the man is addressing racism like hes been held down his whole life by it.....

Which is complete BS

its like the Rockerfellers talking about how they can sympathize with the poor because of all the struggles theyve had....

Its bunk

I know youre an Obama cheerleader but come on.......we all know that he doesnt "know the struggle"

Especially since he spent so long in a church that has been so open about their racism against white people

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

Also, him being president is a good example. He's 53 years old and became president. Do you think when he was 13 years old the idea that there would be a Black U.S. President was even possible???

and yet here he is.......so discriminated against that he was, and all the obstacles he had to over come to get his ivy league education and have so much handed to him.........

Must have been really tough.......

Im sorry if you want to be disingenuous about the whole thing but anyone with a lick of common sense knows Obama doesnt have a damn clue about real racial struggles

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We’re all victims of racism.

We all are only free when all people are free

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
How does Obama know so much about racism.

I've never heard/seen so much racial buzz until a black president became tyrant.. I mean leader, of the United States.

Isn't that ironic much? A black man gets into the white house and every year we get racial buzz words, media blitz, racial police incidents. .

How often is Obama in the public domain to know so much about the average racism. What DOES he witness?

He's a talking puppet, and racism is the new card of the 1%, who control him, to divide the USA more so.

Us was bought out a while ago. Founding fathers would give up and execute themselves had they seen what America has become.

Ironic? Don't you think it's a bit naive to think these issues weren't always going on? What you're witnessing in America is the addressing of inequalities that have existed for decades and centuries. You didn't see it because you're a straight white male, but objective people with a mind for equality have started acknowledging the power deficit that racial minorities, women, and gays have been subjected to because they didn't have the numbers or the power.

As far as addressing it now. .. society is coming along. And as far as the president addressing it, you just expect him to abandon his racial minority and say nothing. .. for what?
edit on 22-6-2015 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We need a national program of racial, cultural, religious, respect and unity

I know it can backfire and can become problematic but something has to be done.

Maybe something like this:

We all celebrate each others holidays:

Black people go to Polish and Italian events

Italians, Jews go to Black and Hispanic events

Things like this

We are all separated in our own cultural enclaves

Afraid of each other

This doesn’t have to be any pc hokey nonsense just a few days where we get to know each other.

MAYBE EVEN LOVE EACH OTHER

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join